• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do Redskins need a Head coach change

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe so hope you're right, but I saw him manhandled a couple times yesterday

Dude is a rook...got some things to learn for sure, but if that's the bar then everyone must go because at some point in a player's life he will get manhandled.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden is a good head coach overall.

That being said, he is one of the worst I have ever seen at end of half clock management. It has cost the Redskins 1.5 - 2 wins a year since he has had the job.

He is overly conservative when he shouldn't be (3 consecutive runs against SF that had no chance when 1 first down ends the game) and he panics on if/when to use his timeouts. @KC was a prime example.

3rd and 2, down by 3 with 1 minute left and 3 timeouts. He calls TO with 55 seconds or so instead of letting the clock run. They throw incomplete on 3rd, and kick the FG with far too much time left to expect the defense to hold.

I like Gruden, but he literally needs to hire a special coach specifically to handle end of half time management.

Oh shit....Gruden is a special needs coach. So this is Bruce Allen's fault, because he failed to provide speech and hearing, a short bus and instructions in braille. :pound:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOT"gkekoa, post: 10888295, member: 5837"]Why would you rather them hang it up and we get nothing over having them go elsewhere for something as a twilight? Nostalgia would be the only reason you would desire that.[/QUOTE]

Good question

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the drop off was minimal, I would say go for drop off would be dramatic in my opinion.

Sorry man...it was Sty F'ing with the OK'ers

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both williams and RK are playing at PB level i see the reason to start grooming people however anderson hasnt shown much at all for me to say he is anything more then a BU

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair analogy. Let me phrase it differently. You owe 10,000 on said car over the next two years. You can trade it in for 12k today or you can wait until your contract is up after paying an extra 2K in repairs during that time. At the completion of that two year contract, you can keep the truck but it will never run again. Which do you choose?

Find me the car dealer thats going to give me MORE than my car is worth, and a better car for less than I owe... then sign me up.

BUt remember that whole in another life thing?? I did car/bike sales and finance. The deal you mentioned.. doesnt exist.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find me the car dealer thats going to give me MORE than my car is worth, and a better car for less than I owe... then sign me up.

BUt remember that whole in another life thing?? I did car/bike sales and finance. The deal you mentioned.. doesnt exist.

Most dealers give more than private sale for a trade in. Nobody will give you a brand new car for less than you trade in...the draft does though.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most dealers give more than private sale for a trade in. Nobody will give you a brand new car for less than you trade in...the draft does though.

MOST dealers will SHOW you more than your car is worth to get the deal done. In the end you will still eat every last drop of negative equity.

As for the draft, we can get that shiny new player without giving up the few GOOD players we currently have in the HOPES that Bruce Allen can get a better guy for cheaper in the draft.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Norman is 30 and he should be cut because he is too old Then we can sign Brown to one more year because he will be 29 next year. Now that we have established 29 is old.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Norman is 30 and he should be cut because he is too old Then we can sign Brown to one more year because he will be 29 next year. Now that we have established 29 is old.

Not at all. You keep them as long as you can but once you see the beginning of the end, you cut loose. I think RK and TW could have another year of very good play but I do see a decline coming.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOST dealers will SHOW you more than your car is worth to get the deal done. In the end you will still eat every last drop of negative equity.

As for the draft, we can get that shiny new player without giving up the few GOOD players we currently have in the HOPES that Bruce Allen can get a better guy for cheaper in the draft.

I have always looked. I have always got more than private sale in a trade in. There are also car dealers willing to pay off your current contract if you buy the new car.

Better year one...perhaps not. Better year 2 possibly. Better year 3 likely.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always looked. I have always got more than private sale in a trade in. There are also car dealers willing to pay off your current contract if you buy the new car.

Better year one...perhaps not. Better year 2 possibly. Better year 3 likely.

They are certainly closer to the end than the beginning but Trent has still been playing a pretty high level. Kerrigan is on pace for 11 sacks again. I do agree you should always be trying to draft the next guy but I haven't seen the next guy that is as good as Kerrigan yet much less PSmith or Junior. Doesn't mean Anderson can't get there but I don't think he has reached that point yet.

BTW my previous post was tongue in cheek.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. You keep them as long as you can but once you see the beginning of the end, you cut loose. I think RK and TW could have another year of very good play but I do see a decline coming.
In fact, let me add that top of the line organizations try to do exactly that. There's value in players when declining yet still with some tread on those tires. The question is when is it the perfect time to make such a move. For me the answer is and will always be....better too early than too late. At minimum. I've received value for a player closing in on the end of his career. Even if he goes on a has another pro bowl season elsewhere, just as long as I already have his replacement and whatever I got for him in trade, I'm happy.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, let me add that top of the line organizations try to do exactly that. There's value in players when declining yet still with some tread on those tires. The question is when is it the perfect time to make such a move. For me the answer is and will always be....better too early than too late. At minimum. I've received value for a player closing in on the end of his career. Even if he goes on a has another pro bowl season elsewhere, just as long as I already have his replacement and whatever I got for him in trade, I'm happy.

For me it is a three year process in a trade. If the guy I receive is better in three years than the guy I lost...I win.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stymietee @gkekoa The funny thing is, getting NFL fans o admit their team screwed up in letting a guy go or making a trade is like getting a five year old to admit they broke the cookie jar. And Redskins fans are notoriously bad at admitting letting a player go or making a trade of or for a player was a mistake.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stymietee @gkekoa The funny thing is, getting NFL fans o admit their team screwed up in letting a guy go or making a trade is like getting a five year old to admit they broke the cookie jar. And Redskins fans are notoriously bad at admitting letting a player go or making a trade of or for a player was a mistake.
Alfred Morris, anyone?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im telling you all we need is overload on pass rushers and maybe some wr help .. i think the coaches are in place we can tweak maybe the rb coach wr coach if this team was healthy i think we be at 7-2 7-3 .... o just know 2 people on foxnews is talking about redskins should not play on thankingiving because there name is raciest

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alfred Morris, anyone?

Oh Morris wanted too much for a RB, he was easily replaced and he was washed up as evidenced by his lack of production in Dallas. If he was really worth anything they wouldnt have felt the need to waste a top five pick on a RB. We dodged a bullet in getting rid of Morris and our offense is much better off because of it. :ninja:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close.

He also couldn't catch a cold in a paper bag.
He's better than anything we have had since he left as a 1st and 2nd down back.