• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do Nebraska fans want frost gone already?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive, weak minded post is defensive and weak minded.

How many 4 and 5 star recruits come out of Nebraska on average per year?

If you're gonna get over Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson, you're gonna need a lot of 4 and 5 star recruits, so most of Nebraska's players are gonna have to come from out of state if you want to be a natty contender.
There aren’t that many 5 stars out there. To contend they need to get into the top 10 recruiting rankings for an entire class. Until they do that a national championship isn’t going to happen.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you're wrong. I'd bet 60-75% of Alabama's roster is homegrown.
You'd lose that bet. From the roster on the ESPN website, 30 of 108 are from Alabama if I counted right.

Now if you are considering the entire South as "homegrown", you'd probably be correct.

What really pisses me off is the SOBs came and stole a dozen Texans.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd lose that bet. From the roster on the ESPN website, 30 of 108 are from Alabama if I counted right.

Now if you are considering the entire South as "homegrown", you'd probably be correct.

What really pisses me off is the SOBs came and stole a dozen Texans.

That's surprising to me.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading through this thread I realize most of you didn't read anything I wrote about why Nebraska would be 4-8 in 2018. Back in December of 2017 I even posted how they had a killer schedule for a poor team.

People of this generation don't read is the problem, they just post their drivel, and expect others like them that do not read to read their drivel.

This team is Riley's fourth year recruits. Poor coaching from Riley and his staff built what Nebraska has today. It was pelini's recruits that gave Riley his best season with Tommy Armstrong carrying the team.

Once Tommy used up eligiblity, Riley had no answers other than Tanner fricking Lee, because his QB recruits were not up to snuff and they all have left Nebraska now. The meddling from General Manager Milque Toast father of a sex molester Shawn Eichorst did not help at all.

The defense was basically the exact same defense that went 4-8 last year, it lost its most talented dbacks who happened to be Pelini recruits, and Riley and staff had nothing.

USA Today posted the article for click bait. Did they actually go to Nebraska and poll the fans? nope.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading through this thread I realize most of you didn't read anything I wrote about why Nebraska would be 4-8 in 2018. Back in December of 2017 I even posted how they had a killer schedule for a poor team.

People of this generation don't read is the problem, they just post their drivel, and expect others like them that do not read to read their drivel.

This team is Riley's fourth year recruits. Poor coaching from Riley and his staff built what Nebraska has today. It was pelini's recruits that gave Riley his best season with Tommy Armstrong carrying the team.

Once Tommy used up eligiblity, Riley had no answers other than Tanner fricking Lee, because his QB recruits were not up to snuff and they all have left Nebraska now. The meddling from General Manager Milque Toast father of a sex molester Shawn Eichorst did not help at all.

The defense was basically the exact same defense that went 4-8 last year, it lost its most talented dbacks who happened to be Pelini recruits, and Riley and staff had nothing.

USA Today posted the article for click bait. Did they actually go to Nebraska and poll the fans? nope.

TLDR.

C’mon, I had to.
:agree:

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Twas below freezin' in KanBraska this morn. Refreshing!
Had our first frost a few days ago, reminded me to get the hoses inside.
I ski and am always excited about winter coming until my hands are so numb while I am driving that I can't stand it. The DD is home for a week so I am being nice and giving her my garage spot, soon enough I will be freezing when I leave work.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had our first frost a few days ago, reminded me to get the hoses inside.
I ski and am always excited about winter coming until my hands are so numb while I am driving that I can't stand it. The DD is home for a week so I am being nice and giving her my garage spot, soon enough I will be freezing when I leave work.
As I've gotten older my appreciation for a good pair of gloves has grown. Keeps the digits from getting stiff. *cue stiff "digit" jokes*

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
twas 54 and miserable as fuck in Houston.

what happened to summer?
It does feel like we went straight from Summer to Winter. Although it will be 60 and sunny here today.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you're wrong. I'd bet 60-75% of Alabama's roster is homegrown.
No chance — Alabama is only taking the best of the best from the state of Alabama. I have no clue, but I’d guess 25-30% would be from the state.
They have WAAAAAY too much talent surrounding them in SEC states to waste that many spots on lower ranked home state players.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does feel like we went straight from Summer to Winter. Although it will be 60 and sunny here today.

It was 85 here less than a week ago — it was 33 this morning when I took my son to school and I had to defrost my car windows to even see.

Michigan weather is crazy.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance — Alabama is only taking the best of the best from the state of Alabama. I have no clue, but I’d guess 25-30% would be from the state.
They have WAAAAAY too much talent surrounding them in SEC states to waste that many spots on lower ranked home state players.

It's also not that populous a state. Less than 5 million, so the pool of young men aged 18, who are also good at football, isn't as large as neighboring states like
Georgia, Florida or Tennessee -- but IS much larger than Mississippi's and is on par with Louisiana and South Carolina. It's nowhere near places like Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida or California.

What's the takeaway in all this? That they shouldn't be nearly as good as they are based on homegrown talent. But since they are, they can walk into almost any state and poach their top kids.