• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DLINE

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many DLinemen usually make the roster?? We are supposedly weak there but Im counting 15-16 on the roster. If we are so weak there why is it so hard to even cut it to 10 or 11

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike what I hear many here saying I don't think we have a lack of depth at DL at all. I think our depth is very good. It's the cream at the top that is thin. So we may not have 4 guys to say are very good players that are going to make teams worry, but we have a lot of 2nd tier guys who are often the ones on the roster bubble. Right now I see at least 12 of those DL as options for someone's roster (if not ours). So I do see culling the roster at DL a little tough. We probably go with 10 guys. Remember Spencer isn't likely to start the year on the 53.Also, who knows with all this Brent talk what direction that goes in. I don't see why they'd talk about him if they weren't thinking about it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may not have a lack of depth, but most of the key players are either coming off injury(Melton, Spencer), young(Lawrence), or both(Crawford). It may be different this time next year, but right now, it would be hard to find a 4-3 front in the NFL that doesn't look better than ours

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what you are saying but if Melton gets healthy I think it has a chance to be a strength . Im not counting on Spencer much, but Crawford can be a difference maker I believe. Health with those 3 as the others will be key but I just saw Marinelli turn Hatcher into a Pro Bowler and got others ready to play on Sunday with one day of practice at times. Think back to the early 90s. Those Dlines had one really great player and bunch of other guys that were hungry and did their jobs. Im not saying these guys are as good as Lett, Maryland, Tolbert , Casillas, Jones, Jeffcoat, Hennings, Haley but I do think they can be a solid group. I dont know how much you can see in a player doing OTAs w/o pads but what I have read it sure sounds like they hit gold with the Undrafted FA- named Coleman at DT.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what you are saying but if Melton gets healthy I think it has a chance to be a strength . Im not counting on Spencer much, but Crawford can be a difference maker I believe. Health with those 3 as the others will be key but I just saw Marinelli turn Hatcher into a Pro Bowler and got others ready to play on Sunday with one day of practice at times. Think back to the early 90s. Those Dlines had one really great player and bunch of other guys that were hungry and did their jobs. Im not saying these guys are as good as Lett, Maryland, Tolbert , Casillas, Jones, Jeffcoat, Hennings, Haley but I do think they can be a solid group. I dont know how much you can see in a player doing OTAs w/o pads but what I have read it sure sounds like they hit gold with the Undrafted FA- named Coleman at DT.

I think it's boredom optimism

As you said no one is in pads yet ..... Not much to talk about.
Melton at his best never produced like Hatcher did last year ....... So coming off the injury .... I say no chance even healthy he matched Hatcher's production .... If he does Im happy as shit .... At least until it comes time to decide if we keep him next year at 9 million a year.

Something about Crawford I really like ..... pretty much his motor .... but I think 80% of his snaps he will play out of position just so Melton can take the snaps.
I think Selvie is going to be pretty good as well
Not so much faith in the others ..... but we shall see

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I surprisingly read today that Hayden led the DLine in defensive snaps with 821 last yr. Thats over 50 a game. I have a feeling that will be cut in half if not more.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"if Melton gets healthy I think it has a chance to be a strength"

I agree. melton has skills and a pretty darn good football player if he's right.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Johnson at it again!!:wtf2:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those damn hamstrings LOL

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but Jerry won't. His ''combine'' numbers are right there with the best safeties in the game

even JJ has to recognize that Johnson has had all the chances he should have had

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson costs next to nothing. Plenty of time to cut him in August if he can't stay upright and make plays

I agree, not like he is costing anyone a roster spot right now. :noidea:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know that Marinelli turned Hatcher into anything. Hatcher always looked like he could rush the passer if given the opportunity. Sometimes a scheme change brings out a players strengths. This could be the case why we keep hearing Brents name coming up. Brent is pretty stout and would add some depth at 1 tech

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see promise in our 7th round pick as well as the free agent from AZ State. They could surprise.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sense a bit of sarcasm here.

Actually I don't think there is any. We can't get the draft pick back. What has Johnson cost us? What is he costing us right now? A couple of bucks and a spot on the 90 man? Why would we even think about cutting him right now? Even when a young guy goes on IR he costs us almost nothing. If he is healthy at final cut downs he better have impressed. If he tears his ACL he'll go right to IR again and no decision will be made for another year...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think with somewhat health this unit won't be butt ugly. I think the Dallas coaches have a clue as to what their plan is this season. Optimistic me I suppose, but a ranking of 18-23 isn't that farfetched. Gotta line um up each season and see how things roll.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will definitely be an interesting TC and preseason. OTAs were telling somewhat but they didnt have on pads. Fans and media alike have their favorites. The Dallas writers seem to be liking Patmon at CB over Webb. Broaddus seems to think Hamilton is pushing Wilcox. I want him to push Church. Cant wait to see who the LBs will be. The Dline is full of competiton IMO. Cant get enough right now