• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Divisional weekend

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'd have liked to have seen Dallas O do as well as Seattle's, but every game is itself, maybe the 49s D didn't play as well last week.

I didn't have much hope going into this game, so maybe that's why it doesn’t sting all that much.

Every year I want one thing, that's another Lombardi, but I saw too many holes with this team so I had no visions of grandeur.

Another good OL and DL draft could go a long way in fixing our woes.
Indeed, somewhat just happy to be there after it somewhat looked like all hope was lost very early this season but Rush and the defense stepped up.

Teams biggest problem has always been consistency. They played a strong physical game at least.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not on Brock Purdy is Joe Montana hype train but gotta tip my hat to him as he does have unique poise for a rookie QB.

Dallas threw a lot of pressure his way and while he didn't slice and dice their defense despite it he did weather the storm and stayed pretty leveled-headed and grinded out enough plays to win the game.

It's the kind of poise you see from top veteran QBs in the playoffs that don't have a good box score game but grit their teeth and win tough defensive battle-like games.

I mean if Zac Wilson was playing this game he would've curled up in a ball and started sobbing on the sidelines before the 2nd Quarter started.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the Texas governor, who is paralyzed from the waist down, is getting in on the Dallas dogpile

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the Texas governor, who is paralyzed from the waist down, is getting in on the Dallas dogpile

That's funny, Maher actually kept them in the game yesterday

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed, somewhat just happy to be there after it somewhat looked like all hope was lost very early this season but Rush and the defense stepped up.

Teams biggest problem has always been consistency. They played a strong physical game at least.
I think McCarthy did a fine job as a HC. They hung together and won out with a backup QB and went to the playoffs. Most people thought the season was over when Dak got hurt.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo Cincy result surprised me.

Dallas San Francisco not so much. The more things change in Dallas the more they stay the same. I screamed long and loud after the second interception.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags covering is one of those 'thats why I dont gamble' moments. I think Chiefs beat that spread at least 7 out of 10 times with how open Kelce was all game
Haha true. I thought I had lost it when I left the tailgate and headed for the gates. Then I saw the final score.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha true. I thought I had lost it when I left the tailgate and headed for the gates. Then I saw the final score.
I will say that I did put all of my vcash on the Bengals. I thought that was the easy bet.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I went to bed after the first half last night and just watched the second half today after work. It was a pretty good game overall. Dallas hung in there but San Fran just wore them down on both sides of the L.O.S. Pollard going out was huge, imo. Zeke just can't break tackles for yac yds anymore.
The final drive though was kinda weird. Dak should have been sacked for a safety but because the fucking league throws roughing the passer flags so much, Armstead ( I think) let up and Dak escaped. Fucking bullshit, imo. Dudes outside the pocket, he should be fair game other than helmet to helmet. Anyway, no matter as it seems Dalton Schulz has the football I.Q. of, well, a football. I'm thinking he needs to sit down with someone and figure out how to play in the 2 minute on the sideline. Dallas likely still loses but holy fuck, twice he fucked up on simple shit. Maybe Jason Witten can give him a call and offer up some tutoring. Then that last play was just hilarious. Anyway, congrats to the Niners fans. Looking forward to Philly and San Fran beating the living shit out of each other so the AFC team (hopefully Cinci) wins the SB, lol.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the last play deserves the criticisms it has received. 1 play to go 76 yards is going to work MAYBE 1 out of 100 attempts. And getting 75 yards is the same as a sack. McCarthy basically put a hands unit on the field so that any lateral would result in a playmaker having the ball, increasing the chance for the 76 yard play. Ward made a great play on the initial pass. Nothing Dallas could do about that.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the last play deserves the criticisms it has received. 1 play to go 76 yards is going to work MAYBE 1 out of 100 attempts. And getting 75 yards is the same as a sack. McCarthy basically put a hands unit on the field so that any lateral would result in a playmaker having the ball, increasing the chance for the 76 yard play. Ward made a great play on the initial pass. Nothing Dallas could do about that.
I’m thinking when they practiced this play poor Zeke didn’t get destroyed, and he was probably the first lateral. Probably should’ve tried something different regardless

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'm not criticizing that play much really. They really had no chance after the 2 bonehead plays by Schulz so they were just hoping for some Miami Miracle type of thing. I just thought it was hilarious to watch.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m thinking when they practiced this play poor Zeke didn’t get destroyed, and he was probably the first lateral. Probably should’ve tried something different regardless
Of course they should have tried something else. That play didn’t work. Hell, with 20/20 hindsight, a victory formation has a better chance for success than an already failed play.

With the information they had at the time, I think that play is as good (or as bad) as any other option available to them.