• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Divisional Bucket NFL Draft Play-In Game : Nos vs UK

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOS

OFFENSE
QB - Dan Marino - 1
RB - Marshall Faulk - 3
WR - Randy Moss - 6
WR - Cris Carter - 6
WR - Michael Irvin - 5
TE - Dave Casper - 4
LT - Tony Boselli - 3
LG - Alan Faneca - 2
C - Kevin Mawae - 1
RG - Will Shields - 4
RT - Willie Anderson - 2

DEFENSE
DE - Michael Strahan - 5
DT - Merlin Olsen - 8
DT - Bob Lilly - 5
DE - Chris Doleman - 6
LB - Wilber Marshall - 5
LB - Dick Butkus - 6
CB - Lester Hayes - 4
CB - Roger Wehrli - 8
CB - Mel Renfro - 5
SS - Joey Browner - 6
FS - Jack Tatum - 4

RESERVES
QB - Ken Anderson - 2
RB - William Andrews - 7
FB - Mike Alstott - 7
WR - Roddy White - 7
OG/OT - Tarik Glenn - 3
DE - Simeon Rice - 7
DT - John Henderson - 3
LB - Nick Buoniconti - 1
LB - Isiah Robertson - 8
DCB - Asante Samuel - 1

VERSUS

UK

OFFENSE
QB - Steve Young - 8
RB - Eric Dickerson - 3
WR - Torry Holt - 8
WR - Andre Johnson - 3
WR - Steve Smith - 7
TE - Antonio Gates - 4
OT - Jonathan Ogden - 2
OG- Steve Wisniewski - 4
C - Ray Donaldson - 3
OG - Larry Allen - 5
OT - Willie Roaf - 7

DEFENSE
DE - Julius Peppers - 7
DT - Ndamukong Suh - 6
DT - Kevin Williams - 6
DE - Reggie White - 5
LB - Zach Thomas - 1
LB - Chuck Howley - 5
CB - Mel Blount - 2
CB - Deion Sanders - 7
CB - Ronde Barber - 7
SS - Darren Woodson - 5
FS - Earl Thomas - 8

RESERVES
QB - Matt Ryan - 7
RB - Thurman Thomas - 1
FB - Larry Csonka - 1
WR - A.J. Green - 2
TE - Ben Coates - 1
DE - L.C. Greenwood - 2
LB - Hardy Nickerson - 7
LB - Derrick Thomas - 4
DCB - Patrick Peterson - 8
S - Bob Sanders - 3

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOS - 5
UK - 3
DOS - 1

VOTED - 500, UK, WLK, Hockey, Ritz, Mebert, Milk, EHB, Nos

Last edited:

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote goes to UK here. This is probably the worst possible matchup for Nos who built his team around his receivers but UK has the best corners in the draft. I also like UK's o-line a lot more.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All kidding aside, Nos has a fantastic team. I kicked around voting for him, because his offense is so great, but in looking at it, I think I match up well in key areas and might get a stop or two more. I'm gonna vote me, but no hard feelings to anyone who sees it the other way.

UK 35
Nos 34

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The arguement was made by you both about the better players but in all honesty, it evens out IMO... The one with the "better player" is looking like they don't have the better unit... The give and take is what makes this matchup so hard to choose IMO...

You see that oline nos has is built to handle UKs Dline as much as can be expected... There will be pressure, there will be sacks, the run will be stopped at times... That secondary will be able to slow down those receivers, but those receivers will also make plays... IMO Faulk is the xfactor on Nos' team...

Flip sides, everything I said about Nos' offense and UKs defense also applies... I think the running game has more power here but I don't think it has enough behind it to change the game... I think UKs xfactor is Gates on offense...

While UK has the better DBs Nos has the better receivers then his secondary is the next group in the rankings, so it's 1st and 4th vs 2nd and 3rd in that matchup... The oline and Dline are a wash for me... Donaldson and Anderson are the 2 weakest links and that's not weak at all... LBs are a wash... Nos gets the QB nod... UK gets the slight bench nod... Damn this is tough...

Okay... For me this game comes down to Faulk making a few more plays catching out the backfield than Gates can make... The ability to make a swing or screen into a big gain, or get a play fake and slip out gets him to move the chain on 3rd downs to extend a few more drives...

Nos - 31
UK - 30

UK forces a few more stops to get the ball back but settles for 3 FGs, Nos gets 1 FG but scores the last TD with the Marino spike the ball fake...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All kidding aside, Nos has a fantastic team. I kicked around voting for him, because his offense is so great, but in looking at it, I think I match up well in key areas and might get a stop or two more. I'm gonna vote me, but no hard feelings to anyone who sees it the other way.

UK 35
Nos 34

This is pretty difficult to vote... I had to go with what I felt were the xfactors... It was very hard to vote against your team... I just see so many of the battles evening out that I had to go with the 2 guys I felt had the best matchups (Faulk and Gates)... I feel Faulk can make a few more plays... That Marino fake spike thing was for nostalgia...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos will forever be 3/4 crack head in my opinion for saying Marino and Brady are not even close.

That said, Marino with these receivers is phenomenal. UK as people have mentioned has a secondary for the ages but call it my bias or whatever but I simply don't see a scenario where Nos receivers don't find themselves in spots to make plays on the ball. Especially with one of the best QBs ever. Randy's size, speed and diversity is going to force coverage his way and the other two GOATS will have fun.

UK also has some great things on offense with Dickerson and Gates along with receivers who are all dependable as hell. But Same can be said of Nos defense especially his front line.

As everyone has basically said it comes down to the two teams massive strengths. And I feel recievers as elite as Nos would make enough plays. Especially since they are capable of big ones at anytime.

Nos in a thriller.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay after breaking down every player and doing to much research on this stupid thing. I broke down the positions like QB vs QB, RB vs RB, since they are both playing the same on offense and defense.

I had more votes for Nos's offense and I had more votes for UK's defense. The benches were to close to call. When looking up all the positions I noticed that UK's RT Willie Roaf never played RT. Now do I think Roaf could play RT yes but when it comes down to voting and in this case Roaf will be protecting Young's blind side since Young is a lefty then that hurt UK a little. I love UK's secondary and having Reggie White is huge for any team. However in the end I see it being a great battle and Nos winning 24-21.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay after breaking down every player and doing to much research on this stupid thing. I broke down the positions like QB vs QB, RB vs RB, since they are both playing the same on offense and defense.

I had more votes for Nos's offense and I had more votes for UK's defense. The benches were to close to call. When looking up all the positions I noticed that UK's RT Willie Roaf never played RT. Now do I think Roaf could play RT yes but when it comes down to voting and in this case Roaf will be protecting Young's blind side since Young is a lefty then that hurt UK a little. I love UK's secondary and having Reggie White is huge for any team. However in the end I see it being a great battle and Nos winning 24-21.
Not gonna debate anyone for picking Nos, as he may win the whole mock, but I do have to say your two reasons listed are pretty funny. There are no position restrictions this draft, so the Roaf deal makes no sense. Far more absurd is the Young is a lefty comment. Yep, I remember the Niners hang 50 I'm the Super Bowl and thinking to myself, "if Steve Young were only right handed". LOL I guess Harris Barton over Willie Roaf

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK has an amazing Secondary, the best in the game, and I think it would be needed against these receivers. I think in the passing game both sides would make some big plays, but it would all even out in the long run. All 4 of UK's dline are known for getting pressure on the QB, I think that also helps him out against the pass. Nos is basically running 6 oline with Casper out there and I do not know how often UK could bring the extra pressure. so I think Nos wins in the trenches while he is on offense

going the other way UK I like UK's oline over nos's dline, although not in a significant amount, it is a wash really. Young was super accurate and he has some big WR's that hold onto the ball and move the chains. I think UK can throw out a ton of different looks with Coates and Csonka to add in there.

These teams almost feel like you guys drafted them to beat each other specifically, a lot of counters to each others roster. I don't like Faulk a lot for Nos's team, I think this team needs a power runner to go right at a team to suck in the defense a bit more to get the full effect of those WR's, but Alstott also fills that role nicely.

This game feels like big play possibilities versus methodical control. And both are built to meet those needs very well.

I have changed my vote 5 times while typing this whole argument out, and spent the last 5 minutes staring at the screen trying to decide. I think I take UK in what is the closest matchup I have had to decide on since I started doing these.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna debate anyone for picking Nos, as he may win the whole mock, but I do have to say your two reasons listed are pretty funny. There are no position restrictions this draft, so the Roaf deal makes no sense. Far more absurd is the Young is a lefty comment. Yep, I remember the Niners hang 50 I'm the Super Bowl and thinking to myself, "if Steve Young were only right handed". LOL

Correct there are no restrictions so your saying someone could have taken no quarterbacks and could have won, or that you could play a TE as your MLB. Just because they aren't any restrictions doesn't mean a player can magically play the spot. Now once again I do think Roaf could play RT and when both of your teams were tied I felt that 1 minor detail on your team could cost you. Back to the blind side point. Since Young is a lefty means who ever plays RT would be defending his blind side and to have that player playing a position they never have against Strahan or Doleman then I feel it could affect the game.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's why its better just to predict the winner and not give a explanation on your opinion. Now UK will nit pick my team. Both teams are sooo close and I should have just said

Nos

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct there are no restrictions so your saying someone could have taken no quarterbacks and could have won, or that you could play a TE as your MLB. Just because they aren't any restrictions doesn't mean a player can magically play the spot. Now once again I do think Roaf could play RT and when both of your teams were tied I felt that 1 minor detail on your team could cost you. Back to the blind side point. Since Young is a lefty means who ever plays RT would be defending his blind side and to have that player playing a position they never have against Strahan or Doleman then I feel it could affect the game.
Just think for a second how rediculas your argument is......Young, as a lefty, always has a RT guarding his backside. RT's are primarily run blockers. Since we had no restrictions, I took one of the greatest pass blocky LT's in NFL history and put him at RT to watch Youngs back. By your Lefty argument, I should get extra credit lmao.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think for a second how rediculas your argument is......Young, as a lefty, always has a RT guarding his backside. RT's are primarily run blockers. Since we had no restrictions, I took one of the greatest pass blocky LT's in NFL history and put him at RT to watch Youngs back. By your Lefty argument, I should get extra credit lmao.

Winner Nos

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's why its better just to predict the winner and not give a explanation on your opinion. Now UK will nit pick my team. Both teams are sooo close and I should have just said

Nos
Oh really? Typically BS Ritz. I seem to recall voting for Nos against myself in a Championship game, one of 7 times I've voted myself to lose. How many times have you done that? I also DQ'd myself last mock for a mistake I made, something no one asked me to do. But I'm gonna nitpick your team because you vote against me? Bullshit. That's just you making excuses that people vote against you for some mystery reason instead of admitting the truth, your team wasn't better.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say you have in the past, I said now you would nit pick my team. Hey don't worry I won't say a damn thing again on any matchup just the winners name.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh really? Typically BS Ritz. I seem to recall voting for Nos against myself in a Championship game, one of 7 times I've voted myself to lose. How many times have you done that? I also DQ'd myself last mock for a mistake I made, something no one asked me to do. But I'm gonna nitpick your team because you vote against me? Bullshit. That's just you making excuses that people vote against you for some mystery reason instead of admitting the truth, your team wasn't better.

We all voted for our opponents in the past. Who cares if you DQ'd yourself that was your call. I was just saying you would analyze my team more thoroughly now and see if I have anyone playing out of place. Its simple people don't want to hear why people voted against them. Nitpicking doesn't mean you will vote against me. So since I said you will nit picking means I already lost and making a excuse? Oh Okay. Wont happen again.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say you have in the past, I said now you would nit pick my team. Hey don't worry I won't say a damn thing again on any matchup just the winners name.
You can say anything you want to, but don't accuse me of cheating by voting against someone because they didn't vote for me, because that's crap. And I will nitpick every game, because that's what everyone has always said they wanted.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all voted for our opponents in the past. Who cares if you DQ'd yourself that was your call. I was just saying you would analyze my team more thoroughly now and see if I have anyone playing out of place. Its simple people don't want to hear why people voted against them. Nitpicking doesn't mean you will vote against me. So since I said you will nit picking means I already lost and making a excuse? Oh Okay. Wont happen again.
WLK and Hockey voted against me and I didn't say a word to them, because this matchup is dead even. I just pointed out what you said because I thought it was silly. You came back with ''UK will nitpick my team". You didn't say my matchup or your team and WLK's, which means you were saying I'd nitpick you as a revenge deal. Absurd