• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did You Expect This?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You under estimate the chances the Pats had after 2000. Okay, I'm not saying they win 6 or even 1 Super Bowl, but dreadful history changed with Kraft.

Also, there were plenty of people very high on Brady. He slipped in the draft because Michigan coaches were morons and kept believing Drew Henson would "live up to his promise" instead of watching what was happening on the field. Then everyone else who witnessed what Brady was doing assumed they missing something as to why he was sharing time with a guy who eventually flunked out of both baseball and football. Belichick drafted him in the sixth when on that day QB was the last position they needed to draft. They had perceived all world Drew Bledsoe and a highly regarded understudy in Michael Bishop.

You can show the 40 times and the awkward combine videos all you like... While yes he was a dark horse to most, plenty, especially Dick Rehbein, knew he was the real deal.
Had Drew Bledsoe not been hurt in that Jets game how many years would Brady have been his understudy? 4? 5? That injury gave Brady the reins and he never relinquished them. Things happen as a result of another event. It's that old saying, "Life is what happens between the planned events."
No one can say what would have happened if Bledsoe wasn't sidelined, but at the time he was number one and Brady was number two.

If that many people were very high on Brady, why was he still available at #199?? Six other QBs were taken before him. Everything about Brady pointed to career back up or not making it. No one had any idea of what was inside his head, how dedicated he was to his craft or that he could release the ball in under two seconds. Belichick never would have seen it either if Bledsoe hadn't punctured a lung.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Drew Bledsoe not been hurt in that Jets game how many years would Brady have been his understudy? 4? 5? That injury gave Brady the reins and he never relinquished them. Things happen as a result of another event. It's that old saying, "Life is what happens between the planned events."
No one can say what would have happened if Bledsoe wasn't sidelined, but at the time he was number one and Brady was number two.

If that many people were very high on Brady, why was he still available at #199?? Six other QBs were taken before him. Everything about Brady pointed to career back up or not making it. No one had any idea of what was inside his head, how dedicated he was to his craft or that he could release the ball in under two seconds. Belichick never would have seen it either if Bledsoe hadn't punctured a lung.
BK, You are trying to rewrite history. There are plenty of sources who say Brady had already proved himself and BB was tired of Drew's shtick. BB recognized his mistake in Cleveland of not giving a damn about other opinions outside his circle and was waiting for the right opportunity to make a switch. BB saw what was happening in practice every day and Drew was too arrogant to see he was being outplayed.

What did BB see once Brady started? He saw plays being executed correctly.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK, You are trying to rewrite history. There are plenty of sources who say Brady had already proved himself and BB was tired of Drew's shtick. BB recognized his mistake in Cleveland of not giving a damn about other opinions outside his circle and was waiting for the right opportunity to make a switch. BB saw what was happening in practice every day and Drew was too arrogant to see he was being outplayed.

What did BB see once Brady started? He saw plays being executed correctly.
But he didn't start Brady. BB was forced to put Brady in and once he saw what he could do, Bledsoe was on the conveyor out

It has nothing to do with rewriting history. Everyone who ignored brady all of a sudden "KNEW" how good he was going to be. I can sit back after killing 32 VC and NVA and say, that was easy, I knew they'd be there and knew exactly what I'd do. Had plenty of of ammo and was guaranteed that not one of them would hit me. Not in a critical organ anyway.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he didn't start Brady. BB was forced to put Brady in and once he saw what he could do, Bledsoe was on the conveyor out

It has nothing to do with rewriting history. Everyone who ignored brady all of a sudden "KNEW" how good he was going to be. I can sit back after killing 32 VC and NVA and say, that was easy, I knew they'd be there and knew exactly what I'd do. Had plenty of of ammo and was guaranteed that not one of them would hit me. Not in a critical organ anyway.
This is almost 20 years ago but my recollection is: Brady supplanting Bledsoe was only a matter of timing. BB wasn't forced, he was fortunate. He was fortunate the opportunity he wanted presented itself that quickly.

Dick Rehbein absolutely believed Brady was the real deal. But even if it was a "lucky" pick, Brady was winning practice player of the week like every week in 00. That meant tons to BB. I'm sure Bledose saw it as a joke that he was working so hard because there was "no way" that guy was better than him.... through his eyes.

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is almost 20 years ago but my recollection is: Brady supplanting Bledsoe was only a matter of timing. BB wasn't forced, he was fortunate. He was fortunate the opportunity he wanted presented itself that quickly.

Dick Rehbein absolutely believed Brady was the real deal. But even if it was a "lucky" pick, Brady was winning practice player of the week like every week in 00. That meant tons to BB. I'm sure Bledose saw it as a joke that he was working so hard because there was "no way" that guy was better than him.... through his eyes.
Rehbein was a true believer . he literally had to threaten to quit if BB didn't draft Brady. Sad thing is that he's never, ever gotten the credit for being so bullheaded. The guy played center in college and yet was the Patriots' Quarterback coach and more, Brady's quarterback coach. Sadly, he died at around 45/46 from some freak heart muscle disorder that required a pacemaker or electric shock from the time he was like 33 or something. You really stiired my memory of him .

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Caserio is an idiot. If they felt Sanu was going to be the difference maker to put this team over the top and into a SuperBowl. Sanu has NEVER been a difference maker. It was a horrible trade from day one.

But Tom Brady wanted him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bragging............if you don't care, please ignore. I'd appreciate not being insulted.

I started writing in August of 2018. I self published my first book in November 2018 and sold 17 paperbacks and 22 eBooks.

Last week, I finished my sixth full novel. I also wrote a short story.

I'm not Steven King or Ernest Hemingway and I recognize that. But I do consider it an accomplishment to write 115,000 words in an organized manner that tells a story.

That's it. I find it interesting about myself that I've put near;y 1,000,000 words together in just over two years.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bragging............if you don't care, please ignore. I'd appreciate not being insulted.

I started writing in August of 2018. I self published my first book in November 2018 and sold 17 paperbacks and 22 eBooks.

Last week, I finished my sixth full novel. I also wrote a short story.

I'm not Steven King or Ernest Hemingway and I recognize that. But I do consider it an accomplishment to write 115,000 words in an organized manner that tells a story.

That's it. I find it interesting about myself that I've put near;y 1,000,000 words together in just over two years.
and Stephen King certainly ain't Hemingway, but he sold way more books...

Tell a good story and someone will want to read it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arians threw Brady under the bus again. Said that the reason the Bucs lost against the rams was that Brady after twenty ione years didn't recognize the coverages.

The fact that the rams defensive line was in his face all through the second half bcause the Bucs O-Line got it's collective asses handed to them, wasn't part of the piss poor QB performance.

Brady is pissed. I wonder if he has the balls to sit home and tell the owner to suit up Arians and make him play QB because TB12 is taking a couple of weeks off to study defensive secondary coverages. And actually do it. My guess is that Arians would unemplyed before the turkey hit the table.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arians threw Brady under the bus again. Said that the reason the Bucs lost against the rams was that Brady after twenty ione years didn't recognize the coverages.

The fact that the rams defensive line was in his face all through the second half bcause the Bucs O-Line got it's collective asses handed to them, wasn't part of the piss poor QB performance.

Brady is pissed. I wonder if he has the balls to sit home and tell the owner to suit up Arians and make him play QB because TB12 is taking a couple of weeks off to study defensive secondary coverages. And actually do it. My guess is that Arians would unemplyed before the turkey hit the table.
Brady would get traded to the Bengals! No way an over-the-hill qb is calling the shots. They DO remember how they got Brady.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been getting this daily for most iof the season. Very fast interesting snips from the beat reporters.
You can download the site and you get a mail report every morning.