• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

did the Seahawks lure Kaep into that throw?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Teams study deeply the opposing team's offense and the tendency of the offenses. By lining up Sherman 1:1 on Crabtree, and putting the rest of the secondary on the other side of the field, the Seahawks were luring Kaep into making that throw.

Maybe they knew Kaep would bite on that matchup and throw that ball. The other linebacker was there really quick to catch the tip.

I think pre-snap, the Seahawks lined up on purpose like that and they knew Kaep would go for that throw.

With Sherman on Crabtree the Seahawks like their chances with that matchup. It looked like Sherman was tipping it directly to the linebacker.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so. But why go against their best CB. It seemed as though Sherman was in the Niners' huddle. Why not look at Boldin. He has been your best receiver this year.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that is the case. Sherman was on Crabtree very tight the entire play. They may have baited Kaep to look his way pre-snap but Sherman never gave Kaep any reason to throw that way

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the replay on Inside the NFL. How far can a CB grab a WR after the line...5 yds i thought? Freakin Sherman was all over Crabs 20 damn yards down the field. Not in the end zone, but damn I'm tired of him getting away with that shit. It's the only reason why he's good IMO. Can't question his ball playing in the air though

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the replay on Inside the NFL. How far can a CB grab a WR after the line...5 yds i thought? Freakin Sherman was all over Crabs 20 damn yards down the field. Not in the end zone, but damn I'm tired of him getting away with that shit. It's the only reason why he's good IMO. Can't question his ball playing in the air though

The hold would give us a first down at the 13, so there's that. The ball was underthrown, so would Crabtree have more time to fight for the ball if not for the hold? (As in get separation without the hold.) Or did Kaepernick throw it after the hold and therefore timing the pass with that in mind? I don't mean to suggest he saw the hold and could process that, just knew where Crabtree was at that moment.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hold would give us a first down at the 13, so there's that. The ball was underthrown, so would Crabtree have more time to fight for the ball if not for the hold? (As in get separation without the hold.) Or did Kaepernick throw it after the hold and therefore timing the pass with that in mind? I don't mean to suggest he saw the hold and could process that, just knew where Crabtree was at that moment.

I guess my point is, Sherman can lick my nuts and I'm tired of his antics. Manning please torch him!

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the link to the play. Richard Sherman and Michael Crabtree mic'd

looks like clean defense by Sherman to me. It was a bang bang play but there was no grabbing by Sherman

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jedi mind trick.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of the few instances where I'd disagree that Sherman got away with holding. Or at least by his standards. After 7 yards all their contact was incidental since Sherman looked back at Colin, and I didn't see much contact of that variety. The earlier flag on Sherman was much more blatant.

A lot of people say Kap should have thrown to Patton or Hunter on that play, but because the LB was dropping back and SF still had 2 TOs, I think the smart play would have been for Kap to scramble for an easy 10-15 yards.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

looks like clean defense by Sherman to me. It was a bang bang play but there was no grabbing by Sherman

Some gullible person on the radio saw that and called in saying Agerman was being a good sport and telling Crabtree good job essentially. Umm, do you NOT know who Sherman is, is it a requisite to give one the benefit of the doubt every time? Sheesh. You leave someone alone at that moment if you are trying to be professional.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some gullible person on the radio saw that and called in saying Agerman was being a good sport and telling Crabtree good job essentially. Umm, do you NOT know who Sherman is, is it a requisite to give one the benefit of the doubt every time? Sheesh. You leave someone alone at that moment if you are trying to be professional.
Sherman knew damn well that he was mic'ed so that's why he was being "nice" in trying to shake his hand but I'm pretty sure he was just trying to taunt him and get Crabtree to be an ass to him. Nothing more than rubbing it in his face right after it happened. I don't fault Crabtree at all for shoving Sherm's face. I can't imagine I would have handled that situation any better

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Worst part about this is Carb talking to Bolidin about the move he's going to make to get by Sherm and then it unfolds.... That move was weak as shit! Sherm just stared in the back field and watched Kaps eyes were this one was going to go.

Never mind that was a different video that showed that.

Last edited by a moderator:

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few instances where I'd disagree that Sherman got away with holding. Or at least by his standards. After 7 yards all their contact was incidental since Sherman looked back at Colin, and I didn't see much contact of that variety. The earlier flag on Sherman was much more blatant.

A lot of people say Kap should have thrown to Patton or Hunter on that play, but because the LB was dropping back and SF still had 2 TOs, I think the smart play would have been for Kap to scramble for an easy 10-15 yards.

Well, I always hear how this is a passing league and you can't touch WR's and all that. So if that's the case then Sherman would lead the league in flags. But apparently he can do whatever he wants to Wr's. I agree, it wasn't that much holding and contact, but the rules are the rules? Seems niners always don't get the breaks on calls like that.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sherman even stated that the 1 penalty he got was BS and the replay shows that play was obviously defensive holding. He's a lying, arrogant, cheating POS with amazing athletic ability. If they call defensive holding and PI against Seattle in the superbowl, they will get burnt if the weather is decent.