• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did the NFL run a sting on the Patriots?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Yahoo reporter (are they REAL reporters? :noidea:) wants us to be outraged that the league reportedly setup a sting instead of simply talking to them and reminding them of the rules before the game, or checking those balls earlier in the first half. :L

Other teams reporting to the league that they think the Pats are using underinflated balls on a regular basis is still an accusation until proven guilty. So we are supposed to be outraged the league allowed it to happen before they caught it. Ridiculous. Instead, we are supposed to ask why they didn't just bring it to their attention and ask them nicely to follow the rules. If they had done that many would be jumping on them for allowing them to entirely get away with what other teams were accusing them of.

I would suggest however, that if these reports are true and the league was setting up a sting that there is zero chance those balls were not fully gauged before the game as that is part of the operation. You would have no baseline to compare them to if you had not.

I would further suggest that whatever method is used for deflating them might not occur right at kick off so waiting until half time gives them better odds that whatever causes it was already done. If they were using some heated air, different gas, or had some other way to get them to dip much more than the natural hot to cold would, it could take a while to reach the end of the process.

Reports that the NFL isn't happy about the leaks to ESPN about 11 balls coming up short are out there too. That is of course something to be critical of and is an example of them botching the investigation if indeed that is all true.

Going into the second week of deflate gate and it seems destined to still consume a fair amount of talk this week leading into the big game.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Yahoo reporter (are they REAL reporters? :noidea:) wants us to be outraged that the league reportedly setup a sting instead of simply talking to them and reminding them of the rules before the game, or checking those balls earlier in the first half. :L

Other teams reporting to the league that they think the Pats are using underinflated balls on a regular basis is still an accusation until proven guilty. So we are supposed to be outraged the league allowed it to happen before they caught it. Ridiculous. Instead, we are supposed to ask why they didn't just bring it to their attention and ask them nicely to follow the rules. If they had done that many would be jumping on them for allowing them to entirely get away with what other teams were accusing them of.

I would suggest however, that if these reports are true and the league was setting up a sting that there is zero chance those balls were not fully gauged before the game as that is part of the operation. You would have no baseline to compare them to if you had not.

I would further suggest that whatever method is used for deflating them might not occur right at kick off so waiting until half time gives them better odds that whatever causes it was already done. If they were using some heated air, different gas, or had some other way to get them to dip much more than the natural hot to cold would, it could take a while to reach the end of the process.

Reports that the NFL isn't happy about the leaks to ESPN about 11 balls coming up short are out there too. That is of course something to be critical of and is an example of them botching the investigation if indeed that is all true.

Going into the second week of deflate gate and it seems destined to still consume a fair amount of talk this week leading into the big game.

I think the storm has already taken some of the "air" out of this story.

Besides, the media suffers from attention deficit disorder.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting in that if they knew why would they wait,,i am still reserving judgement until after the NFL releases the findings,i know it is silly to have any faith in the Goodell led NFL but that is all we got currently.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the NFL to slap a $25,000 fine on the Patriots organization after the Super Bowl if they decide there was any intentional wrong doing. I don't expect any suspensions or taking away draft picks.

Way too harsh. I'm expecting a $500 fine and demand for an apology, which Kraft will issue immediately. And it'll be a sincere apology too. Very, very sincere.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too harsh. I'm expecting a $500 fine and demand for an apology, which Kraft will issue immediately. And it'll be a sincere apology too. Very, very sincere.

I think the NFL should make New England play with a completely deflated football all next year.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been really easy for the Ravens/Colts to set this all up.

How would they have done it? According to Belichik, they would have had to alter the atmospheric characteristics of air and/or leather.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, word around down here is that you are all about to be blasted.

If only this could have happened last year and made Mara and the NFL look like complete assholes.

Mara? No way. He is a pillar of the sports community and a very close relative of Mother Teresa.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL should make New England play with a completely deflated football all next year.

I wonder how that'd affect Brady's off-target passes? Oh, that's right. :doh: he leads the entire league in that dubious category. I forgot for a second.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mara? No way. He is a pillar of the sports community and a very close relative of Mother Teresa.

Yeah, but did he invent football like Robert Kraft? No, he didn't!