• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For the first time in NFL History there will be a rebroadcast of Super Bowl 1 on Friday

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been told the authenticity of the footage is questionable.

electricfootball2_6.jpg

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no Super Bowl when the game happened. It's only known retroactively as Super Bowl I.

This game was known as the 1st AFL-NFL Championship Game. The term Super Bowl took effect for Super Bowl III.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no Super Bowl when the game happened. It's only known retroactively as Super Bowl I.

This game was known as the 1st AFL-NFL Championship Game. The term Super Bowl took effect for Super Bowl III.

Not that I'm old or somethin ... I've actually been called a "punk" on these boards ... but that game was seen like the Pro Bowl of today. Green Bay already won the NFL championship and there was so little respect for the AFL that not many thought much of it outside of a marketing introduction to the AFL

KCs Fred "the Hammer" Williamson was a mouthpiece that talked about beating GB but got knocked out in the game instead, which added to the fiasco. The first touchdown was scored by Max McGee who some say was still drunk from an all-nighter. Good times ...

Not until Joe Namath's Jets beat Don Shula's Colts was the AFL seen seriously ... semi anyways ... in that first "Super Bowl."

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. I'll have to check it out. I'm sure I watched it originally but I don't recall a damn thing about it. I didn't have a rooting interest and the Pack was expected to roll which they did.

I watched it too but pretty uneventful. The Packers calmly took care of business.

I remember the hype about "The Hammer" more than I remember anything about the game.