• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did the NFL run a sting on the Patriots?

themidgetb

A dwarf among midgets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,230.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did NFL run sting operation on Patriots to trigger deflate-gate? - Yahoo Sports

Reports have emerged during the past week that NFL teams, including the Colts, complained during the regular season and perhaps playoffs about the Patriots using underinflated footballs. Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reported that in response to those complaints, the league always planned on checking New England's footballs at halftime. ESPN's Ed Werder reiterated that suggestion on Twitter on Sunday.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure what triggered deflate-gate was the decision to deflate game footballs below NFL standards. What has caused this mess is a poorly planned sting operation.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't really matter how or, why the balls were underinflated. The NFL would never remove a team from a championship game. The best course to take would be to wait until after the Super Bowl to move forward with this case.

I'm thinking after the Super Bowl they will still be unable to determine what happened to the game balls but, will still have to enforce the rules of the game by punishing Bill Belichick. What his punishment will be is still a mystery to us all.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using a cliche to justify a decade-long pattern of corrupting the entire sport? :lame:

If you aint winning the SB, you aint hoisting the Lombardi. Hammer lets pop a bottle of Cold Duck when Kraft and Belichick receive the trophy Sunday night and confetti if flying. Think Brady , Edelman or Gronk will receive the truck?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you aint winning the SB, you aint hoisting the Lombardi. Hammer lets pop a bottle of Cold Duck when Kraft and Belichick receive the trophy Sunday night and confetti if flying. Think Brady , Edelman or Gronk will receive the truck?

I wonder if Goodell will get an invite to Kraft's home for a post SB celebration party.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been really easy for the Ravens/Colts to set this all up.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Goodell will get an invite to Kraft's home for a post SB celebration party.

Hell, the dude basically lives there now!

Sonny, I've got a bunch of college basketball recorded and might just watch that on Sunday.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been really easy for the Ravens/Colts to set this all up.

And easy for the Pats not to cheat for once. But that's what they do.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, the dude basically lives there now!

Sonny, I've got a bunch of college basketball recorded and might just watch that on Sunday.

I'll take bullshit statements for 500 Alex.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF this were a sting, then why is the process taking so long? If I'm aware of something and looking to catch someone in the act then I'm going to assign multiple people to watch each and every football from the moment the ref has it until the game is over. If I'm watching a ball that passes pregame check and I see it disappear into the locker room, under a tent/jacket, or anywhere it shouldn't be then it's an open/shut case.

The fact that this is dragging on tells me that either the NFL has nothing, or they are going to make a slap on the wrist but trying to keep the punishment out of the superbowl broadcast.

Any way you slice it, the NFL has screwed the pooch in all this. Either say that something wrong was done and name the punishment, or say nothing was done wrong and move the hell on.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, give Homer a double. Maybe it'll calm him down.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF this were a sting, then why is the process taking so long? If I'm aware of something and looking to catch someone in the act then I'm going to assign multiple people to watch each and every football from the moment the ref has it until the game is over. If I'm watching a ball that passes pregame check and I see it disappear into the locker room, under a tent/jacket, or anywhere it shouldn't be then it's an open/shut case.

The fact that this is dragging on tells me that either the NFL has nothing, or they are going to make a slap on the wrist but trying to keep the punishment out of the superbowl broadcast.

Any way you slice it, the NFL has screwed the pooch in all this. Either say that something wrong was done and name the punishment, or say nothing was done wrong and move the hell on.

A third scenario: the league has known all along that the Patriots are rotten to the very core and the evidence is mounting and starting to get out and if the lid blows on everything, Goodell's going to go down with Kraft. Roger is just firming up his position as paper bags stuffed with cash keep getting dropped off mysteriously.