• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did the MNF game make you jealous ...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... of the defense that the Seahawks have put together over the past few seasons? The NFL is sometimes described as a "copycat league". Great a job as Johnny Broncos has done, I hope he was taking notes last night.

I think that post, though two months old, stands the test of time quite well. Certainly doesn't seem right to say that Seattle was merely the "flavor of the week" a couple of months ago. I realize that Seattle is probably not as superior to our team as it looked last night, but I sure would like to begin next season with a defense more like theirs than ours.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that post, though two months old, stands the test of time quite well. Certainly doesn't seem right to say that Seattle was merely the "flavor of the week" a couple of months ago. I realize that Seattle is probably not as superior to our team as it looked last night, but I sure would like to begin next season with a defense more like theirs than ours.

Agreed. Hopefully last night was a wake up call to Von Miller. Watching that from wherever he was had to be hard. Hopefully he puts full effort into rehab and preparing for the season. Certainly more effort tham it appeared he put in last off season. (I am in no way saying he would have made the difference last night either) Simply put, if he is going to be the cornerstone of the type of Defense we need going forward, I hope he realizes how important it is for him to be playing at the level he played in '12.....

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Hopefully last night was a wake up call to Von Miller. Watching that from wherever he was had to be hard. Hopefully he puts full effort into rehab and preparing for the season. Certainly more effort tham it appeared he put in last off season. (I am in no way saying he would have made the difference last night either) Simply put, if he is going to be the cornerstone of the type of Defense we need going forward, I hope he realizes how important it is for him to be playing at the level he played in '12.....

I also hope that Von Miller remembers that just because it's legal in Colorado, doesn't mean Uncle Roger will allow it. A one year suspension would be bad. Very, very bad.

MH64

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad part is, even if we did have Seattle's defense it wouldn't have helped last night.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Miller is very talented and certainly would not have made difference in outcome but Miller and Co don`t have that MEAN mentality Denver is lacking in that side of the ball. Denver needs to find some bad ass, high intensity crazy motivating guy or two to give that D a feared personality and make it contagious. Think about it, name one guy on that D ( Denvers) that has a reputation among his peers for nasty, mean, scary player???? Nobody I know. Like I said though, a guy like a Lewis, Matthews,etc can make a huge diff in molding that kind of D mentality and respect. Just saying.....

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anybody on this board disputes the fact that Seattles D isn`t the best and scariest D since the Bears way back when, their blind. What they did last nite to NO was nothing less than total domination. To think they had two of their starting dbs out, going against Brees and a pretty damn good arsenal of rbs/ wrs/te and still totally whupped them is amazing. What`s really scary is their special teams, I think they said their #1 in that area and we all "should" know what that means....They have great depth. Most the youngsters start out on special teams and by their play there and in practice, they earn the right to get chance to compete for starting roles and playing time with 1st team. That`s where you see the depth and talent a team has by their special teams. (A glance into the future). I`ll tell you what, by the looks of this Seattle team ( and major kudos to the coaching staff they have) this team will be very dangerous for years. I`ve always been a lover of great D play, so maybe I`am a tad biased but that is one scary team and they deserve the recognition. That said, I still think a Denver vs Seattle SB would be maybe one of the best ever if it were to be. Denver D with DRC and Wolfe and the current crew intact come playoff time, can still come up with a very strong admirable effort IMO
Wow I was right on........except for that last paragraph or two:bawling:

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad part is, even if we did have Seattle's defense it wouldn't have helped last night.

This is correct because the offense gave up 12 points which was more than they scored. The stupid part is with the exception of Ayers and a dumb mental mistake by Carter and the D was actually playing decent football for a good portion of this game and I do not blame them for becoming demoralized by the fourth.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

May not have been enough to change the outcome, but it definitely would have helped. For example, they beat us in turnover differential four to nothing. Not necessarily a fluke either, since they led the league in that stat and we were middle of the pack.

Having a defense that can shut down even the best offense in the league always comes in handy. Top rated offenses against top rated defenses in the SB are now 1-4. Small sample for sure, but I still hope that we make big strides this offseason in improving the defense.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much of that was self inflicted. Fact is for a while our defense was doing the job. We had three possessions that we squandered while our defense was stopping Lynch and keeping Seattle out of the endzone. So I have serious doubts even having a comparable defense helps much. Our offense needed to execute more effectively, and it needed to be physical. We did neither, and in addition gave Seattle two free points, and a couple extra possessions just in the first quarter.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wish we would have/could have loaded up early and pounded the rock on them.

Oh well.....

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wish we would have/could have loaded up early and pounded the rock on them.

Oh well.....

Hopefully, this is what Elway is thinking too.

And think about it. Wilson and Seattle's team as a whole had some jitters too. Wilson's passes for a while were off, there was the stupid personal foul that gave us a free 15 yards, and they were squandering red-zone chances. If we'd taken one of those possessions and converted it into a TD, I think it changes the entire game. Suddenly they're thinking: "Oh crap! They just tied the game, and we can't get in the end zone!" Who knows what happens next. Perhaps Seattle starts to fall apart? Impossible to tell, but being able to pound them very well could have dropped a load in their shorts.