• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did The Jags Just Hurt The Rams Chances For A Trade?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags just signed Henne to a 2 yr extension.

Although this doesn't mean they won't draft a QB at #3, it's not as pressing as it was prior to his signing because the Jags feel any QB they take won't be ready to start right away.

This would put less onus on Cleveland to have to trade past the Jags to get their QB and eliminate a potential trading partner. Atl would still be in play IF Clowney is still available because the Jags could take him at #3.

But without Cleveland, there is less of a bidding war.

Also, if Houston takes Clowney, then the Rams really have less trade options.

They may end up staying at #2 after all.

As far as Detroit is concerned, I don't think they want to trade all the way to #2. I think they are hoping Watkins falls to #5 or so and then make a trade.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close. Henne isn't a starting QB. He's an average backup. If they're fine with being a bad team for the next season then they will stick with Henne.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the draft this way.......Who do these teams desperately need??? QB's and OT's. Take the rams out of the first 6 picks.

Houston - QB or DE
Jax - QB
Clev- QB
Raiders- QB, OT, DE.
Atlandta - DE, OT, OLB
TB- QB or DE

I'd say most of them really really need a starting QB. I don't think affects anything. We also have to accept that we might just pick @2 because maybe teams aren't willing to give up the farm for the crop of QB's that are out there. If anything, teams should learn from the Redskins mistake of giving up the farm and then it blowing up in their faces. Hopefully team owners are stupid.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs gave a big contract to Chase Daniel last year for whatever its worth.

I'm more worried that teams are picking apart Bridgewater and Manziel. We'd have a better chance of someone trading up for Clowney or Mack, imo

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs gave a big contract to Chase Daniel last year for whatever its worth.

I'm more worried that teams are picking apart Bridgewater and Manziel. We'd have a better chance of someone trading up for Clowney or Mack, imo

you also have to take into consideration that teams are putting up smoke screens that smell like dumpster fires.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you also have to take into consideration that teams are putting up smoke screens that smell like dumpster fires.
If thats the case, why is everyone and their mom linking the Rams to Greg Robinson when no one else is looking for an OT at the top of the draft?

I really do think teams are low on these QBs

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If thats the case, why is everyone and their mom linking the Rams to Greg Robinson when no one else is looking for an OT at the top of the draft?

Not sure what that has to do with what I stated....:noidea:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what that has to do with what I stated....:noidea:
Nothing directly. Teams are pulling smokescreens all over the place but while the Rams have pulled a ton of them, everyone seems to be thinking we go OT. I think the Rams have actually done too many smokescreens because we are happy with every position but every mock I see is picking Robinson atm.

We need Adam Schefter to clear the smoke in the room for all of the teams at the top

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the draft this way.......Who do these teams desperately need??? QB's and OT's. Take the rams out of the first 6 picks.

Houston - QB or DE
Jax - QB
Clev- QB
Raiders- QB, OT, DE.
Atlandta - DE, OT, OLB
TB- QB or DE

I'd say most of them really really need a starting QB. I don't think affects anything. We also have to accept that we might just pick @2 because maybe teams aren't willing to give up the farm for the crop of QB's that are out there. If anything, teams should learn from the Redskins mistake of giving up the farm and then it blowing up in their faces. Hopefully team owners are stupid.

Jax changes things if they don't feel compelled to take a QB at #3 and Houston takes Clowney.

Cleveland wouldn't need to jump ahead of Jax to get their QB and any other team wanting to take a QB can trade with Jax to get ahead of Cleveland- thus leaving the Rams stuck at #2.

The only way Jax doesn't affect the Rams is if Houston takes a QB and Clowney is still available for Atl/TB to jump ahead of Jax for.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love McShay's new mock. we take Clowney and Pryor. but I still trade back if possible to 4,5,6 and get extra picks and take Mack. Unfortunately I think Houston will be smart and take Clowney.like Angel said that really hurts the value of the 2nd pick. But I wouldn't be surprised one bit of a team trades up to 2 for Mack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear every time the rams get something good to work with the other teams screw us over.

Vikes sign cassal to 2 year deal

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams don't need to be trading down. Just pick the best offensive player available, like Sammy Watkins.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had a crystal ball, it would say this:

Rams will keep their first pick. Oakland will not draft a QB with first pick. Oakland will then move up and trade with Rams for Rams later 1st Round pick - in order to draft johnnyhollywood.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only one of the QBs even really participated in the combine. The only hype generated by the combine was 40 times and bench presses, so Robinson becomes the hot name. Also, almost every mention of Robinson comes with the caveat that the Rams could very well trade the pick. Noting Robinson is just a place holder of sorts.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear every time the rams get something good to work with the other teams screw us over.

Vikes sign cassal to 2 year deal

Minny's at 8, I doubt they're willing to shell out what it would take to move to #2.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a great yr to trade out of the top 5 imo...I think HOU will take Bortles, and STL best chance to trade would then be with ATL...a telling sign will be if they sign a FA OT.

JAX extending Henne doesn't mean they won't take a QB @ 3, but it does cloud the forecast...I'm thinking they could go Mack or Clowney.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, just take Sammy Watkins at #2 unless it is the Jags, Cleveland, Raiders or Falcons and they provide a #2 and #3 with that. Go best OT at 13, sign Bryd, resign Finnigan, draft one of two OGs in the 2nd and go BPA the rest.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, just take Sammy Watkins at #2 unless it is the Jags, Cleveland, Raiders or Falcons and they provide a #2 and #3 with that. Go best OT at 13, sign Bryd, resign Finnigan, draft one of two OGs in the 2nd and go BPA the rest.

:10: