• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Sergio really just do what they say he did?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prolly woulda gone the Vicodin addiction and AIDS route, but fried chicken will suffice:happy:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh that is greattt

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No such thing as PC in Spain. El Nino can say what he wants. Fuck Tigger.:clap:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Sensitive...

How many times have I watched a movie or tv show where it shows black families and friends cooking out - eating bbq chicken, fried chicken, collared greens, etc...???

How many times do we see Mexican families making big huge meals with beans, rice, burritos, etc...???

Or if you look at a down south white family, you will see burgers and hot dogs.

So what? Fried chicken = racism?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times have I watched a movie or tv show where it shows black families and friends cooking out - eating bbq chicken, fried chicken, collared greens, etc...???

How many times do we see Mexican families making big huge meals with beans, rice, burritos, etc...???

Or if you look at a down south white family, you will see burgers and hot dogs.

So what? Fried chicken = racism?

In the context of how he used, it was most certainly racial and anyone with half a brain knows it. It was ignorant and offensive, otherwise he wouldn't be admitting as much and apologizing. Any professional who would say something that stupid and ignorant in the year 2013 loses absolutely every shred of credibility they once had.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please! get a life. All the feigned horror and righteous indignation the press are showing is ridiculous. He made a joke in poor taste; one that millions have made, otherwise it wouldn't be considered racist. Time to let it go.

Get a life? Because I posted a link to a story on ESPN? :wtf:

Moonun8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure this isn't an attempt to "manufacture" a rivalry between Tiger & Sergio. But if it is, Sergio comes off looking like a complete idiot.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the context of how he used, it was most certainly racial and anyone with half a brain knows it. It was ignorant and offensive, otherwise he wouldn't be admitting as much and apologizing. Any professional who would say something that stupid and ignorant in the year 2013 loses absolutely every shred of credibility they once had.

Why is it offensive to acknowledge that black people love chicken? Are they embarrassed about it for some reason? I love racial humor, I think it shows the differences between us all that we can laugh at and enjoy; and especially laugh at ourselves. I love to watch a guy like Dave Chappelle do his imitation of a stereotypical white guy. I'm not offended at all, it cracks me up.

He apologized because those holier than thou writers feigned indignation and horror that someone could think such a thing. The fact that they want to make Sergio their whipping boy is now going to make me root for him.

Bottom line if you are worried about someone saying you like chicken, you need to get a life; worry about something that is important.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure this isn't an attempt to "manufacture" a rivalry between Tiger & Sergio. But if it is, Sergio comes off looking like a complete idiot.

Not to me. I thought it was a funny answer to a ridiculous question.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line if you are worried about someone saying you like chicken, you need to get a life; worry about something that is important.

It's not about him liking chicken or not, so please stop pretending to believe that anyone is dumb enough to buy that foolishness. Sergio Garcia made an ignorant remark that is universally accepted as racial stereotyping - nothing more, nothing less, that's the facts. If you don't find it offensive or ignorant, that's perfectly fine but please don't criticize the 99% who do.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Euro Tour boss says Sergio has many 'colored' friends

Now that is funny! See, everybody is not so ultra sensitive to racial slights or indignities as we are in this country. My goodness, aren't we enlightened!

Well, by all means please educate us simpletons as to what is and what is not acceptable ignorance and racism. Chiding black people with fried chicken stereotypes is apparently still humorous to at least one person in the year 2013. Any more guidelines for us?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, by all means please educate us simpletons as to what is and what is not acceptable ignorance and racism. Chiding black people with fried chicken stereotypes is apparently still humorous to at least one person in the year 2013. Any more guidelines for us?

Only a fool would be offended by something so insignificant. Worry about something important. You still didn't explain why it offends you that people know that you like fried chicken; so what?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a fool would be offended by something so insignificant. Worry about something important. You still didn't explain why it offends you that people know that you like fried chicken; so what?

Interesting coming from someone who's taken up the cause of defending racial stereotypes.

But I can tell you want the last word in your crusade, so please, by all means... Your floor, sir.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about him liking chicken or not, so please stop pretending to believe that anyone is dumb enough to buy that foolishness. Sergio Garcia made an ignorant remark that is universally accepted as racial stereotyping - nothing more, nothing less, that's the facts. If you don't find it offensive or ignorant, that's perfectly fine but please don't criticize the 99% who do.

99%? Are you kidding? If that were true then there would be no racism in America. Are you claiming there isn't? Might be more accurate to say 99% of people, like me, couldn't care less; they have more important things to worry about than some non issue that the press has gotten you all fired up over.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, you're trying to pretend as though this has been made a matter of national security and testimony before Congress will start on Monday. Why are you trying to equate this with real life problems cause no one else is. Of course it's not important but in this thread we're talking about Sergio's comments, not the 700 babies that will die in the next hour from malnutrition.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99%? Are you kidding? If that were true then there would be no racism in America. Are you claiming there isn't? Might be more accurate to say 99% of people, like me, couldn't care less; they have more important things to worry about than some non issue that the press has gotten you all fired up over.

This isn't banter between drunk buddies on a golf course. A professional athlete used racial stereotypes in the context of discussing a black peer who he spares no opportunity to disparage. In that context, it was ignorant and offensive. And it was very public.

I was pulling for Sergio to beat Tiger until this but now he just looks like a cocky bourgeois European who thinks it's funny to toss racial stereotypes around that haven't been funny since Fred Sanford.