• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Scottie Pippen "let" Jordan be "the man"... ?

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where one fan thinks he did... anyone else agree?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did "let" Jordan be the man. Never complained about not getting more shots and did whatever the team needed. Even after he took over leadership in MJ's absence he turned it back over to MJ once he came back and again with no complaints. If Pip had not let MJ be the man we would talking about how Kobe had possibly eclipsed MJ.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did "let" Jordan be the man. Never complained about not getting more shots and did whatever the team needed. Even after he took over leadership in MJ's absence he turned it back over to MJ once he came back and again with no complaints. If Pip had not let MJ be the man we would talking about how Kobe had possibly eclipsed MJ.

:L

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROFLMAO at ANY player "letting" Jordan do anything... MJ did whatever he wanted to do on the court, whenever he wanted because he was the GOAT.

Pippen "knowing his role" as a #2 man is not the same as Pippen "letting" Jordan be the man, fool. Jordan would have made Kobe cry if he tried doing to him (MJ) what he did to Shaq (in 03 and 04).

Make no mistake about the FACT that you did what Jordan wanted you to do.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pip had not let MJ be the man we would talking about how Kobe had possibly eclipsed MJ.
If Pip was a true alpha, though, Kobe would have 1 less ring.

MJ will go down as one of the most competitive people of all time. Pippen probably let MJ take over because why wouldn't you? The Bulls had a huge luxury of having MJ take over on offense and Pippen take over on defense.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where one fan thinks he did... anyone else agree?

ROFLMAO at ANY player "letting" Jordan do anything... MJ did whatever he wanted to do on the court, whenever he wanted because he was the GOAT.

Pippen "knowing his role" as a #2 man is not the same as Pippen "letting" Jordan be the man, fool. Jordan would have made Kobe cry if he tried doing to him (MJ) what he did to Shaq (in 03 and 04).

Why would you ask a question, and when someone gives you their answer, you bash it?

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you ask a question, and when someone gives you their answer, you bash it?

The person I bashed is the fool (I referenced in the OP) who said Pippen "let" Jordan be the-man...

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are a fool. MJ needed Pippen. Pippen let him be the man because it was beneficial for both of them. Sorry if that disturbs your fantasy about everyone just losing their manhood when MJ walked in the door.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I made him look like a fool on another thread so he started this one in an attempt to get back at me. Typical bitch move. :laugh3:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can tell you this much, Jordan wouldn't ever tell Bird or Magic "what to do"

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let may not be the right word. Given Jordan's personality, he was going to the man, period. If you didn't agree, he'd bitchslap you till you agreed.

But more seriously, Pippen definitely was fine with taking on a more secondary role. He was an elite player, but he used his skills in other areas (defense, facilitating, etc etc) because he knew Jordan would always show up to take on the heavy scoring load.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems RetardedKitchen has a man crush on MJ to the point he thinks everyone else turned into a girl in MJ's presence.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He kinda did on that Dream Team. Just sayin. He respected them for sure but he was still like, dude, I got this

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kinda did on that Dream Team. Just sayin. He respected them for sure but he was still like, dude, I got this

You mean when they were both damn near 50?

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a fool. MJ needed Pippen. Pippen let him be the man because it was beneficial for both of them. Sorry if that disturbs your fantasy about everyone just losing their manhood when MJ walked in the door.

:laugh3:

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan wouldn't have to tell them what to do on Offense, but he'd be all over their asses on Defense, that's for sure (especially Magic, who wasn't much on that end of the court).

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another piece of shit NBA thread. Shocking.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another reason to not follow the NBA anymore.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I have read Pip was the man on the Dream Team. I have to find the article. I know the Chuck Daly said he was the best player.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean when they were both damn near 50?

They were older, true. But I don't really think it would matter if they were in their primes either. He'd still tell them off. Jordan was a straight alpha dog. He was going to be it or else. If they were on the same team during their primes, I think Bird probably would have went back at him. But I think Magic probably would have catered to him some. Afterall, he was a PG so its easier for him to delegate.