• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Fisher and Snead buy themselves more time?

Did Fisher and Snead buy themselves more time?

• Yes, them freaking A-holes!

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Nope, nothing changes, with another .500 & no playoff ticket season, at least 1 of 2 is gone!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • MEH!

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mannion was projected to be a career backup, why did we take him in the 3rd round? Yet another waste of a pick to add to the list :L

There's no way Mannion sees the field now. I agree we blew a decent pick on a guy and we will never see him play! Probably zero chance that we can trade him as well.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way Mannion sees the field now. I agree we blew a decent pick on a guy and we will never see him play! Probably zero chance that we can trade him as well.

Ryan Mallet

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think that this "Top QB" will be successful on an offense that last in the league in every category?

Improved OL play (experience), Gurley, actual starter-level QB play.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams will never be in position to draft a top QB without a similar deal. They are good enough to consistently win 6-8 games each year. This team has lacked a QB ever since Bradford's last fully healthy season. Rams lose 3 picks in the deal; that's far from insurmountable. They could gain 1-2 of those back via comp picks next year. Sure, they won't be the same value as those lost, but the pick count hasn't vanished.

If you can't have confidence in the #1 overall pick playing well, what is the point? Goff and Wentz are both better than any of the retreads/backup quality QBs on the Rams roster. Mannion was projected as a backup coming out of college. Foles needs to be in a spread situation (college and with the Eagles) to succeed. Keenum is an ideal backup that can game manage a team if called upon.

Everyone else has been saying the same thing about these two guys, shopson. That is why Cleveland and the Whiners backed out. And you forgot Paxton Lynch in your list of possible selections at 15 and later in the draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone else has been saying the same thing about these two guys, shopson. That is why Cleveland and the Whiners backed out. And you forgot Paxton Lynch in your list of possible selections at 15 and later in the draft.

Maybe everyone else here, but not everyone else. Wentz has been the projected #2 pick to Cleveland, with Goff anywhere from 4-8. Trading up to get ahead of other teams to get your guy puts both in the top 6 at minimum. I expect the two QBs now to go 1-2. Either Cleveland will pick the other, or will trade down with someone who wants to do so.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke, your facepalms make no sense. What is incorrect about my post? A full year of Gurley, a fresh QB and another year of gelling (and at least starting healthy) with the OL should improve the offense. Plus, Cignetti is gone. Cook isn't around to stall drives with his timely drops or blown blocks.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke, your facepalms make no sense. What is incorrect about my post? A full year of Gurley, a fresh QB and another year of gelling (and at least starting healthy) with the OL should improve the offense. Plus, Cignetti is gone. Cook isn't around to stall drives with his timely drops or blown blocks.

Exactly. If our o-line develops like they should, we should be able to protect Wentz or Goff. I doubt Fisher puts them in a situation that exposes our new QB and hampers their development.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade was about two things.

Fisher and Snead buying time for their jobs and selling tickets.

Because, from a team stance, this trade makes no sense because they aren't a QB away.

They are at least 2 WR's and a TE away as well ( and that's assuming the Oline gels ).

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade was about two things.

Fisher and Snead buying time for their jobs and selling tickets.

Because, from a team stance, this trade makes no sense because they aren't a QB away.

They are at least 2 WR's and a TE away as well ( and that's assuming the Oline gels ).

And still need a kicker and some extra secondary help as well.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya gotta give a No. 1 Overall pick a couple of years to develop, right?

Nice play of cards by the duo....

What do y'all think?

I'm saying yes!

Along with the move this should seal the deal for at least two more years of Snisher....

I was going to go with "MEH!" for the reason that it is too early to tell. But then I read the bold and it is so true. That will be the reason not to send them shipping SMH.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes No Sense?? Well lets just stop and think for just for a moment! :thumb:

At the end of 2015 our offense was pretty much in shambles and last in every football category! Don't you agree? So what offseason moves have we made so far? Before Free agency started, we cut Jared Cook! :clap:We watched Tre mason put his career in jeopardy. :L We were hoping Stedman Bailey can return to form from being shot 2 times in the head.:hope: We learned that Greg Robinson is being trained by some dude in Arizona. :hope: We learned that Brian Quick has been re-signed. :scratch: Oh yah, our young o-line now has 1 year under their belt! :hope: and we learned that Snead/Fisher didn't think we needed any help in free agency.:L No new players added!

I don't know about you Shopson, other than Cook, I don't see any improvements at all! Sure maybe our young run blockers will play better. If anything were probably going to lose Tre Mason, Stedman Bailey may never play again. So IMO were are worse off now than last year! We have holes to fill! We need a TE, we need a #1wr, we need a center! We need to learn to pass protect! nothings changed!

Sorry for the face palm Shops, It just blows my mind how anyone can support the idea of giving up the FARM and having a young kid coming in and try to run this offense with no legit threat to throw to and hoping and praying to god that our young line can protect him while steps back to pass! Nothing against either of these 2(Goff/ Wentz), whom ever we pick, we are just setting the stage for disaster! Todd Gurley is the ONLY weapon on this offense! We are 1 dimensional!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And still need a kicker and some extra secondary help as well.

Of course as soon as I post that, I get a message saying that Zuerlein has signed a 1 year deal. :gaah:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many Ifs.....If this happens.......If that happens.......If we do that........:L:L:L:L:L

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many Ifs.....If this happens.......If that happens.......If we do that........:L:L:L:L:L

There always will be. There are a lot of ifs even with the Super Bowl champion Broncos.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There always will be. There are a lot of ifs even with the Super Bowl champion Broncos.

Yah but........we seem to have a lot more IFS :hope: than the Bronco's!! .....We're the RAMS remember??:nod:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snisher pulled this stunt because they are either geniuses or damn stupid stooges. I tend to lean toward the latter for obvious reasons already discussed elsewhere.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snisher pulled this stunt because they are either geniuses or damn stupid stooges. I tend to lean toward the latter for obvious reasons already discussed elsewhere.

If it's the former, I'd like to know the plan of how going around 7-9 every season is going to help get to the Super Bowl and win again. :lol: