• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Fisher and Snead buy themselves more time?

Did Fisher and Snead buy themselves more time?

• Yes, them freaking A-holes!

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Nope, nothing changes, with another .500 & no playoff ticket season, at least 1 of 2 is gone!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • MEH!

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya gotta give a No. 1 Overall pick a couple of years to develop, right?

Nice play of cards by the duo....

What do y'all think?

I'm saying yes!

Along with the move this should seal the deal for at least two more years of Snisher....

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, unfortunately I feel like they just bought themsleves a built in excuse for lack of results for the next year or two...The excuse? Well, we had a rookie QB who wasn't really quite ready for the NFL game so we need time to develop him...

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on how the 2016 season goes.. Anything under 8-8, they go.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was the only reason to make this move was to buy them some time to save their jobs.

it certainly wasn't for what was best for the team. not with this QB class.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep with the Foles trade being a bust it put them in a desperate situation. You can't move into LA and tell people Keenum is our guy. So they give up the farm to take a chance on a QB. Fisher doesn't care if they gave up the farm if he's going to be gone in a couple years anyway. He has nothing to lose. Fisher seems to love the spot light on him to acting like he knows what the hell he is doing to the media. I really wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know who they were going to pick yet.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep with the Foles trade being a bust it put them in a desperate situation. You can't move into LA and tell people Keenum is our guy. So they give up the farm to take a chance on a QB. Fisher doesn't care if they gave up the farm if he's going to be gone in a couple years anyway. He has nothing to lose. Fisher seems to love the spot light on him to acting like he knows what the hell he is doing to the media. I really wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know who they were going to pick yet.

Right on...When it comes down to it at this point, Fisher doesn't really care about our long term future... its win now or bust, which is ALWAYS a scary situation for the health of a franchise...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, a little urgency will lite a fire under his ass!

I hope so too!!! However as a realist, and based on our recent history I'm not so sure...My biggest problem is that we now have no safety net. If this move doesn't work out or even if if sorta does, no matter what our record is, we still have no chance of getting a 1st round prospect next year.
To me, the draft is how you build your team these days. The more picks you have, the more chance you get at choosing an NFL starter/star at a reasonable price for about half a decade. We seemed to be in a FANTASTIC postion this season especially with the depth of this draft. We could've ended up with a possible 4 starters from this draft alone. Now, it seems that we hamstrung ourselves not only this year, but next year as well...

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:nono: We will never know the final result of the Foles trade because they traded that pick away!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys stop and think for a minute, our new stadium wont be completed and game ready until 2019. So we will be playing the next 3 seasons temporarily in another stadium. A lot could happen between now and then. My point is our new qb could flop badly and we could be in the market for a new one and coach/GM by 2019!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so too!!! However as a realist, and based on our recent history I'm not so sure...My biggest problem is that we now have no safety net. If this move doesn't work out or even if if sorta does, no matter what our record is, we still have no chance of getting a 1st round prospect next year.
To me, the draft is how you build your team these days. The more picks you have, the more chance you get at choosing an NFL starter/star at a reasonable price for about half a decade. We seemed to be in a FANTASTIC postion this season especially with the depth of this draft. We could've ended up with a possible 4 starters from this draft alone. Now, it seems that we hamstrung ourselves not only this year, but next year as well...

An outsider view point...1st off...6-10 or better I think they both stay...3-13, 4-12 and the DEF looks bad too...they both go imo.

Agree 100% on the draft...the reality is it's a fairly young roster as it is now...they think the right trigger man will make some of the current pcs better on OFC...the FO is going to have to work OT to find talent in the latter rounds, which can be done, and plug a hole or two via FA.

I think Wentz will probably be the pick, but even if it's Goff...I think the big issue most fans have is we haven't seen these guys on a big stage...there is a big unknown factor here...Romo, Flacco, Ben all came from smaller schools as well, but they were not #1 overall....hard to embrace this deal as a Rams fan I'm sure right now, but it could work out.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on how the 2016 season goes.. Anything under 8-8, they go.

I think I agree... I don't think Fisher had any say in this one. I also believe the only reason they held him is not to turn over everything in the middle of all the change, keep some consistency around for a year. Just my thoughts...

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely a move to prolong a coach's/gm's career. Has nothing to do with improving a team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next QB class is always better, it's like the NFL version of the grass is always greener. Rams need a QB, they made their move to get their guy. They wouldn't trade all of those picks away if they didn't believe in their target. Last year, many of these same guys were projected as higher picks than they are this year if they had come out (Cook, Cardale, Hackenberg, etc).

The argument that they are passing on the ability to draft a quality receiver to pick a QB out of a poor class is a weak one IMO. This is perceived as a poor WR class as much as it is perceived a poor QB class. At least the QB class has 2 established favorites at the top. The WR class has Treadwell at the top and falling in projections through the first round. If these WRs were in last year's draft (or 2014's), they would all be 2nd rounders at best.

This isn't a strong TE class either. It's a strong defensive front 7 class, and if Fisher took advantage of that, most here would be equally upset.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 picks for 1 guy???? .....That's insane!!! No matter how you spin it, there is a GOOD chance that he will fail playing behind center on this team! ......Then what do we do??

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 picks for 1 guy???? .....That's insane!!! No matter how you spin it, there is a GOOD chance that he will fail playing behind center on this team! ......Then what do we do??

The Rams will never be in position to draft a top QB without a similar deal. They are good enough to consistently win 6-8 games each year. This team has lacked a QB ever since Bradford's last fully healthy season. Rams lose 3 picks in the deal; that's far from insurmountable. They could gain 1-2 of those back via comp picks next year. Sure, they won't be the same value as those lost, but the pick count hasn't vanished.

If you can't have confidence in the #1 overall pick playing well, what is the point? Goff and Wentz are both better than any of the retreads/backup quality QBs on the Rams roster. Mannion was projected as a backup coming out of college. Foles needs to be in a spread situation (college and with the Eagles) to succeed. Keenum is an ideal backup that can game manage a team if called upon.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams will never be in position to draft a top QB without a similar deal. They are good enough to consistently win 6-8 games each year. This team has lacked a QB ever since Bradford's last fully healthy season. Rams lose 3 picks in the deal; that's far from insurmountable. They could gain 1-2 of those back via comp picks next year. Sure, they won't be the same value as those lost, but the pick count hasn't vanished.

If you can't have confidence in the #1 overall pick playing well, what is the point? Goff and Wentz are both better than any of the retreads/backup quality QBs on the Rams roster. Mannion was projected as a backup coming out of college. Foles needs to be in a spread situation (college and with the Eagles) to succeed. Keenum is an ideal backup that can game manage a team if called upon.

What makes you think that this "Top QB" will be successful on an offense that last in the league in every category?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Mannion was projected to be a career backup, why did we take him in the 3rd round? Yet another waste of a pick to add to the list :L