• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Atl pull a GS?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C388thgVcAEORtJ.jpg:large

Discuss

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no..Atlanta had an even worse meltdown.

I could compare it to Dallas's meltdown against the Heat though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They blew a 25-point lead with 8:30 to go in the 3rd. Then Atlanta was up 8 with 4 mins to go. Run the ball 3 times and you win. Bryant is money.

GS was up 3-1 but it's not like they were in complete control even 1 of those last 4 games. They did get up like 8 or 10 in Game 7 but that was more of Lebron and Kyrie just playing out of their minds.

Biggest choke in history but also the best comeback in SB history as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run the ball 3 times and you win. Bryant is money.

^^^THIS^^^

Why are you passing on 3rd and 1 when you are in field goal range and have a great kicker? Run the ball (forcing the Patriots to use timeouts), kick the field goal to go up 2 scores and you win the game.

To me, the Falcons thought they were going to "go for the jugular" and truly put the game out of reach. But, "going for the jugular" isn't always the best option. Sometimes you just have to worry about winning the game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all time great players lead their teams from the brink of destruction.....there are some similarities for sure....

the mentally tougher team DEFINITELY won both Championships that is for sure- if you are looking for the biggest common element that has to be it for me---- the Cavaliers and Patriots are both very mentally tough teams that can handle adversity and punch you back in the mouth--- and the Falcons and Warriors didnt have the guts to counter-punch.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors blew a 3-1 lead
Indians blew a 3-1 lead
Falcons blow biggest lead in Superbowl History.

Crazy times for sports championships.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors blew a 3-1 lead
Indians blew a 3-1 lead
Falcons blow biggest lead in Superbowl History.

Crazy times for sports championships.

Clemson came back from 14-0
Nova won the CBB title on a buzzer beater.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue, LeBron see parallels in Pats, Cavs titles

"Keep believing," Lue said Monday morning before his team's shootaround in preparation for their game against the Washington Wizards. "With the Patriots and our team, we have greats. Having LeBron James on your team, Kyrie (Irving) who is great and then having a Tom Brady and one of the best coaches of all time in all sports (in Bill Belichick), you just got to have that belief. And when you have someone to will you home and will you all the way in, it's tough to beat. And that's what they did last night."

"The game ain't over 'til it's over," James said when asked about New England's win. "You got to play the game out and as a fan watching the game you see the ups and downs. But, you seen the momentum start to change a little bit when they was able to get that first score, so I never counted him out."

What binds the Cavs' performance together with the Pats', according to James?

"It's just perseverance," he said. "That's it. Like I said you play the game to the end, stick with the game plan and see how it ends."

Sunday's game ended with Brady throwing for a Super Bowl record 466 yards, winning a record fourth Super Bowl MVP and his fifth championship ring.

Afterward, James referred to Brady as "the G.O.A.T." (greatest of all time) in a video he posted to his multimedia platform, Uninterrupted, late Sunday night.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no..Atlanta had an even worse meltdown.

I could compare it to Dallas's meltdown against the Heat though
I have a friend who watches more than I do and we both agreed that Atlanta played really well in the first half, and then quit playing with the same intensity - in short they quit

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the epic troll attempt!

Seriously though, there is a reason why these things happen. Playing with a lead in any sport is difficult. At some point, the offense becomes more concerned with running clock than they are with executing offensively, and the result is inefficiency that often allows opponents back into games.

Yes, I get that the Falcons did not run the ball enough down the stretch, but their offense definitely stopped playing aggressively when they hit 28. When they had 2nd and short from the Pats 30 something after the onside kick attempt, I thought the Falcons should have gone for the kill shot right there. Ryan was great all night passing on first down and 2nd and short. He was awful when the Pats got him in obvious passing situations (which they were able to do consistently in the second half).

The same thing happens in basketball. Teams hold the ball until the end of the shot clock and force a bad shot instead of just executing their offense like they have all game.

Yes, the Falcons threw the ball a couple times when they should have run it, but they also stopped taking the play action shot plays on early downs, which was an even bigger mistake, IMO. NE is too good when they know what you are going to run.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Golden State was a bigger choke.

They had two of the last games three games at home.

They were the heavy favorites.

Atlanta may have blown it last night but the Warriors had three different chances to get that 4th win and failed to do so.

Blowing a 3-1 lead in a best of seven series with two of the last three at home is worse, imo, than losing one big third quarter lead.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend who watches more than I do and we both agreed that Atlanta played really well in the first half, and then quit playing with the same intensity - in short they quit

More like the best coach in NFL history made adjustments. Once the tide started turning they definitely fell apart but I wouldn't say they "quit"

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Golden State was a bigger choke.

They had two of the last games three games at home.

They were the heavy favorites.

Atlanta may have blown it last night but the Warriors had three different chances to get that 4th win and failed to do so.

Blowing a 3-1 lead in a best of seven series with two of the last three at home is worse, imo, than losing one big third quarter lead.

Even losing the biggest lead in playoff history? Teams were 93-0 in playoff games with that lead that late before this.

But as the guy said above, you can't compare losing 3 games to losing one. Maybe you could compare an NBA team losing a game 7 in the Finals being up 15 with 3 minutes to play...but the 3-1 collapse was a different thing

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like the best coach in NFL history made adjustments. Once the tide started turning they definitely fell apart but I wouldn't say they "quit"
To me in the first half the Falcons played like beasts and there is no doubt that NE mad adjustments but the Falcons didn't play with quite the same intensity and yes the fell apart but I said before the game they needed some really early succcess to have a chance at all

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcon lost because the Patriots defense made adjustments and the Falcons defense got tired. The Patriots ran 93 plays. That's way too much for any defense.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget the 49ers new coach's brain fart, not running it and kicking a FG to ice it. He does that there's no collapse. Julio Jones and Matt Ryan and the rest of the team played well enough to win, Shanahan turned it into an epic fail.