• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dial activated

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He'll probably get quite a few snaps tomorrow.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping he plays well but at same time seems as tho were talking up a 6th? Round pick a little more than usual doesn't it?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nice. I'm very nervous though. He's playing NT but I thought he was best suited to play end for us. This guy could end up our 2nd best pick we made in April's draft (Reid, Dial, Tank, Patton, Lemonier McDonald, Lattimore). Let's see.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm hoping he plays well but at same time seems as tho were talking up a 6th? Round pick a little more than usual doesn't it?

I don't see people talking him up like a saviour or anything. It's more about needing help on the DL and wanting to see what he can do.

I believe he was a 5th round pick though, and he already had his injury. I don't know what his projections were before his injury. Maybe Bingo, clyde, pozz or someone can help out.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see people talking him up like a saviour or anything. It's more about needing help on the DL and wanting to see what he can do.

I believe he was a 5th round pick though, and he already had his injury. I don't know what his projections were before his injury. Maybe Bingo, clyde, pozz or someone can help out.

I'm excited to see him play like all rookies. But when all the injuries happened just seemed like a lot of we will be ok once we get dial and tank post which may be true but we won't know until they play. Maybe just some misreading on my part

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm excited to see him play like all rookies. But when all the injuries happened just seemed like a lot of we will be ok once we get dial and tank post which may be true but we won't know until they play. Maybe just some misreading on my part

I think the "we'll be okay" was more about having bodies than the talent level.

That being said, most of us are likely way more excited about what Tank will bring to the table than what Dial will. People have been talking up Tank as the replacement for J Smith in a year or two.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

He flew under the radar throughout the entire 2012-13 season. He had an incredible bull rush move playing the end position for Alabama last year. It was tough to run on Bama last year, and he was one of the main reasons why. He's not going to look cute (stats wise: tackles for loss, sacks, batted passes, etc.) but he will dominate by driving his man back almost all the time. He has brute strength that can't be taught. It's so hard for offensive tackles or TEs to seal him during runs plays. He knows how to set the edge. He doesn't produce (in terms of stats) so that caused him to dropped on draft day, that's what I think. And plus he did not start many games in college. One of these dudes who will have a better pro career than a college career IMO, with all that said I just don't think NT is his best position. I hope I'm wrong though!

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Nice. I'm very nervous though. He's playing NT but I thought he was best suited to play end for us. This guy could end up our 2nd best pick we made in April's draft (Reid, Dial, Tank, Patton, Lemonier McDonald, Lattimore). Let's see.

He'd have to be a future star to be better than Lemonier. :)

And he'd have to be a pro bowler THIS season to be better than Reid IMO.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weirdest part of this is that the 49ers waited until today to announce it... why not do this the same day that they cut Harper?

I guess I don't understand the gamesmanship of keeping the Titans guessing on who the 49ers are going to bring in to be an emergency NT. Are they poking fun at the Titans for waiting until today to say Locker will play?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The weirdest part of this is that the 49ers waited until today to announce it... why not do this the same day that they cut Harper?

I guess I don't understand the gamesmanship of keeping the Titans guessing on who the 49ers are going to bring in to be an emergency NT. Are they poking fun at the Titans for waiting until today to say Locker will play?

They may have wanted to see how he held up in practice. Word all week was they were choosing between Dial and Purcey. I assume they preferred Dial, but wanted to make sure he was healthy/fit enough to do it.

Cut Harper early because you know you're either activating Dial or promoting Purcey.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He flew under the radar throughout the entire 2012-13 season. He had an incredible bull rush move playing the end position for Alabama last year. It was tough to run on Bama last year, and he was one of the main reasons why. He's not going to look cute (stats wise: tackles for loss, sacks, batted passes, etc.) but he will dominate by driving his man back almost all the time. He has brute strength that can't be taught. It's so hard for offensive tackles or TEs to seal him during runs plays. He knows how to set the edge. He doesn't produce (in terms of stats) so that caused him to dropped on draft day, that's what I think. And plus he did not start many games in college. One of these dudes who will have a better pro career than a college career IMO, with all that said I just don't think NT is his best position. I hope I'm wrong though!

with his strength i think he could be effective for us at NT

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it's a good sign for him that he's starting. It means they liked him more than Purcell. And he gets to play against another rookie in schweinke. Here's to hoping he was a steal.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a good sign for him that he's starting. It means they liked him more than Purcell. And he gets to play against another rookie in schweinke. Here's to hoping he was a steal.

Wait.. He is going to start?? He can't be in game shape yet.. I guess we don't use the NT a lot though

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wait.. He is going to start?? He can't be in game shape yet.. I guess we don't use the NT a lot though

I was think Jerod-Eddie would start, and Dial would give him breathers or come in if need be. Sure would be interesting if he started, though.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought we were thin at NT at the beginning of the season with Williams and Dorsey.

Now we are paper thin: Jerod-Eddie and Dial, and McDonald with a bum biceps.

How is our D-line still good? It's like we got some smoke and mirrors out there on the field or something? :-)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What choice do they have? Even if he is as fat and out of shape as reported, at least he is a warm body to throw out there.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What choice do they have? Even if he is as fat and out of shape as reported, at least he is a warm body to throw out there.

Where are these reports he's "fat and our of shape"?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are these reports he's "fat and our of shape"?

Can't remember where I saw it but they said he has not been able to be on his feet much since his toe surgery and he was already out of shape from an off season of eating We'll be able to see for ourselves today..