• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Bryant vs. AJ Green Vs. Julio Jones

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton is even worse than last year, and refuses to even throw at AJ unless he has 3 yards of separation. I have a bad feeling if we end up resigning Dalton, Green walks to another team and quickly shows that he is a top 2 WR in the league.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton is even worse than last year, and refuses to even throw at AJ unless he has 3 yards of separation. I have a bad feeling if we end up resigning Dalton, Green walks to another team and quickly shows that he is a top 2 WR in the league.

Hopefully it's this team:hope:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dez is definitely 2nd. Imagine if Romo trusted Dez as much as Stafford trusts Megatron, he'd be putting up megatron-esque numbers.

@Chet_G
Dez Bryant's 27 TDs in his first 3 seasons ranks 6th in the Super Bowl era for wide receivers.

Mhmm sounds about right

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice that AJ and Megatron don't play this game with reporters. Dez is always talking about how he measures up against these guys, but AJ and Megatron are going out there and handling their business. Much respect to those guys.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant is WAY too insecure. He needs to realize that he is one of the elite 4 receivers in the NFL and can pretty much name his price from the Cowboys.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I always thought Dez was a really good prospect & #1 guy, but I never thought he was going to be as good as he's proven to be. Missed the boat on that one.

...I did, however, wish for Oher & Dez over Crabby & A. Davis.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Dez was a really good prospect & #1 guy, but I never thought he was going to be as good as he's proven to be. Missed the boat on that one.

...I did, however, wish for Oher & Dez over Crabby & A. Davis.

I think everyone liked Oher ad Dez more than Davis and Crabtree. However I think at this point Davis is on par with Oher but Dez is much better than Crabs

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't listened to anything Burleson has said since he said we was as fast, if not faster than Randy Moss when they were on the Vikings, but he might actually have said something this time that is so stupid he is actually right.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy one AJ all the way to the bank and I also feel he is fighting for the #1 spot. AJ is a beast.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's a quote from Dez:

"I wasn't comparing myself at all," Bryant said on a conference call with Detroit media, his frustration obvious, even over a phone hundreds of miles away. "I think a lot of people took it the wrong way. Clearly, I said there's no comparison. That's something that I do not do. I don't compare myself with anybody."

This is called (1) backpedaling and (2) complete B.S.

This is like when athletes go to the all-encompassing "My statement was taken out of context."

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a quote from Dez:

"I wasn't comparing myself at all," Bryant said on a conference call with Detroit media, his frustration obvious, even over a phone hundreds of miles away. "I think a lot of people took it the wrong way. Clearly, I said there's no comparison. That's something that I do not do. I don't compare myself with anybody."

This is called (1) backpedaling and (2) complete B.S.

This is like when athletes go to the all-encompassing "My statement was taken out of context."

sounds like bryant woke up from his wet dream

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think everyone liked Oher ad Dez more than Davis and Crabtree. However I think at this point Davis is on par with Oher but Dez is much better than Crabs

Dez is the more physically talented guy, but I think you can make an argument for Crabtree. Through his last seven games, Dez has 569 yards and 6 TDs. Through Crabtree's last seven, he has 722 yards and 7 TDs. That's despite Kap throwing only 192 passes in that span to Romo's 265. Once Kap took over, Crabtree was very consistent. Dez continues to have games where he largely disappears. In three of his games this year, he's been below 40 yards. Though he's cracked 100 in three of the remaining four. I'd almost certainly take Dez over Crabtree because of his age, not coming off a serious injury, and his upside. But Crabtree looked pretty incredible over the second half of last year.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dez is the more physically talented guy, but I think you can make an argument for Crabtree. Through his last seven games, Dez has 569 yards and 6 TDs. Through Crabtree's last seven, he has 722 yards and 7 TDs. That's despite Kap throwing only 192 passes in that span to Romo's 265. Once Kap took over, Crabtree was very consistent. Dez continues to have games where he largely disappears. In three of his games this year, he's been below 40 yards. Though he's cracked 100 in three of the remaining four. I'd almost certainly take Dez over Crabtree because of his age, not coming off a serious injury, and his upside. But Crabtree looked pretty incredible over the second half of last year.

I'm not looking at the numbers, but I don't agree with that based on my recollection. If I were you Crims, I wouldn't look at their last 7 games per se, because if you do that you're taking data from two different years / two seperate or unrelated seasons. If you want to look at the 2nd half of the season, you need to have a fair baseline. Look at the last 8 games of the 2012-13 season. Dez put up unreal stats during that stretch in which I believe was better than even Megatron's record setting season. I agree with you too though, a lot of people are underrating Crab's talent as a receiver. I think Crabtree is a certified / legit #1 receiver. I hate when people put the word "boderline" when describing/categorizing Crabtree's level as a #1 receiver.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not looking at the numbers, but I don't agree with that based on my recollection. If I were you Crims, I wouldn't look at their last 7 games per se, because if you do that you're taking data from two different years / two seperate or unrelated seasons. If you want to look at the 2nd half of the season, you need to have a fair baseline. Look at the last 8 games of the 2012-13 season. Dez put up unreal stats during that stretch in which I believe was better than even Megatron's record setting season. I agree with you too though, a lot of people are underrating Crab's talent as a receiver. I think Crabtree is a certified / legit #1 receiver. I hate when people put the word "boderline" when describing/categorizing Crabtree's level as a #1 receiver.

Dez's last eight regular season games are better than Crabs'. No denying that. But Crabtree had a QB change in the 9th game and clearly took a few games to get going. If we look at their final 8 games from last year, so including Crabtree's playoff run, the numbers are closer. Dez has about 56 more yards and 3 more TDs, but he was playing in an extremely pass-heavy offense (226 passes and 11 TDs for Kap vs. 330 passes and 19 TDs for Romo). Again, I'm not saying Crabtree is better, but I think people would be shocked at how close Crabtree was toward the end of the year if they actually looked at the numbers. Bryant also has more "wow" plays, so he's featured more of sportscenter, etc.