• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Bryant vs. AJ Green Vs. Julio Jones

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As a Cowboys fan, my 2 cents, Dez makes way too many mental mistakes to be in the conversation. He runs the wrong route at least twice a game. 2 of the picks Romo threw in the disastrous Bears game last year were because he threw the ball to where Dez was supposed to be but wasn't. This happenes all the time.

IF this is true, then it negates some of his good stats?

for example, if you catch a 50 yarder getting your team to the red zone (20 yard line), then cause an INT.......it "negates" the 50 yard catch? not to mention its mental impacts to coaches and teammates? it frustrates others and make it harder for the team to keep positive.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is definitely 2nd. Imagine if Romo trusted Dez as much as Stafford trusts Megatron, he'd be putting up megatron-esque numbers.

@Chet_G
Dez Bryant's 27 TDs in his first 3 seasons ranks 6th in the Super Bowl era for wide receivers.

AJ Green has 18 after 2 seasons. I have to think he will get more than 9 this year. What is the record for most TD's in a WR's first 3 years?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Green has 18 after 2 seasons. I have to think he will get more than 9 this year. What is the record for most TD's in a WR's first 3 years?

Agreed. If the Bengals can get a guy opposite him to produce like Tavon Austin or Justin Hunter then that offense is going to be insane. Especially if they can get an improvement over Green-Ellis. That shouldn't be too hard.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for Robert Woods or Justin Hunter in the 2nd or Da'Rick Rodgers or Stedman Bailey in the 3rd and Jonathan Franklin in the 2nd.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for Robert Woods or Justin Hunter in the 2nd or Da'Rick Rodgers or Stedman Bailey in the 3rd and Jonathan Franklin in the 2nd.

I'm hoping for your Avatar's left hand to drop a round or two.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As a Cowboys fan, my 2 cents, Dez makes way too many mental mistakes to be in the conversation. He runs the wrong route at least twice a game. 2 of the picks Romo threw in the disastrous Bears game last year were because he threw the ball to where Dez was supposed to be but wasn't. This happenes all the time.

Yeah I watched a few Cowboy games last year and while he makes a lot of big plays and is obviously extremely talented, he makes some bone headed plays too. He seems kind of inconsistent as well with some dropped passes. One play that I remember that sticks out in my mind was him being wide open and Romo threw a nice over the shoulder pass and Bryant flat out drops it. Elite receivers cant do that.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Julio Jones better than AJ or Dez. He can take any pass to the house. He is more physical and he is faster than the other 2. He can make the difficult catches and he runs better routes than Dez. If he didn't have to split the ball between White and Gonzalez he would have 5-6 more TDs and he already has 18 in 2 years. The same as AJ Green who is the #1 target on his team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Julio Jones better than AJ or Dez. He can take any pass to the house. He is more physical and he is faster than the other 2. He can make the difficult catches and he runs better routes than Dez. If he didn't have to split the ball between White and Gonzalez he would have 5-6 more TDs and he already has 18 in 2 years. The same as AJ Green who is the #1 target on his team.

i really don't know but allow me 2 cents.........watching Jones on TV, he doesn't look faster? Dez looks the fastest and Green second, but Green looks quicker than the other two.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Green also has no one to take the coverage off him, he is doubled every play of every game pretty much. Jones also has the vastly better QB. Ryan>>>>>Dalton. If Dalton could throw the deep ball, Green probably has 25-30 TD's after 2 years.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I love Bryant and Green neither of those other 2 teams have the weapons Atlanta does. Thats sort of a double edge sword because it gives Julio more chances at single coverage but how many more balls would Julio catch if Ryan didnt have Gonzalez and White to throw too as well??? Those other 2 guys get 15 passes a game thrown their way. Julio may get 8 on an average week.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green doesn't get 15 a game. Sorry buddy. Green had 30 more over 16 games or approx. 2 more a game.

jayr2335

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my top 5 under 25

A.J Green
Julio Jones
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Torrey Smith

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my top 5 under 25

A.J Green
Julio Jones
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Torrey Smith

A Niner and a Falcon? How was it in the NFCC? My uncle was born and raised in Chicago but lived in Utah for 20 years before the Bulls-Jazz Finals. He was going crazy after every meaningful basket. Once he was watching a Bears game on his handheld TV while he was at a Jazz game. The Bears scored during one of the Jazz timeouts and so he cheered loudly, but the problem was that was right when the cheerleaders came out so it looked like he was someone who hadn't seen girls in uniform for awhile. Look with your eyes, not your mouth. (Though I guess the mouth could come in handy with girls in uniform, but I digress.)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that Julio Jones has the luxury of always facing the opponent's #2 cornerback ... since... Roddy White is normally covered by the opponent's #1 corner.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't forget that Julio Jones has the luxury of always facing the opponent's #2 cornerback ... since... Roddy White is normally covered by the opponent's #1 corner.

You mean Roddy is considered the #2 receiver in that offense, not Julio. Defenses knows that. You are mistaken!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take Green right now over any other receiver. As good as Megatron is, I feel like he just gets fed the ball more than anyone else.