• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Bryant vs. AJ Green Vs. Julio Jones

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After reading this, I started think aloud about it. Is Dez just as good or even better than AJ Green? Honestly, me personally I still think Fitz is the second best receiver in the league behind Calvin:

Dez Bryant - WR - Cowboys

Owners/GM Jerry Jones is expecting Dez Bryant to be even more effective this season.

Bryant has apparently turned a corner with his off-field maturity, and the Cowboys are expecting that to translate onto the field. He attended a Dallas rally against domestic violence on Saturday and has been tweeting about how he's been "going about my business." Still just 24, Bryant has room to improve on last year's eye-opening 92/1382/12 line. Outside of Calvin Johnson, there isn't a more talented wideout in the league.
Source: ESPN Dallas

Mar 26 - 10:34 AM

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think AJ Green will be handed the torch of the best WR in the NFL when CJ and Fitz start to decline. As great as Julio Jones is, AJ Green is on another level.

My #1 is AJ Green, with Julio beating Dez. If Dez puts it all together he could potentially leapfrog Julio, but he's not touching AJ Green. AJ Green is my favorite WR prospect to come out in a long long time.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't forget about Demaryius Thomas. He certainly benefits from having Peyton but I think I'd rather have him over Dez.

My rankings of the young receivers:
AJ (Green, not Jenkins)
Julio
Demaryius
Dez

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Megatron is easily the best WR in the game, but Green is my #2 at this point.

Dez is great, but he's not on that next level IMO.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Titus Young was clearly the best WR in the game today

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Dez could be as good as Green tho, he started to show it at the end of the year

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At the end of the year, Dez was borderline unstoppable.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget the discrepancy at QB in this discussion. Jones has Matt Ryan, Dez has Romo, Green has Dalton. While Dalton isn't terrible, he is an absolutely HORRID deep ball QB. Green should have had probably 5-7 more TD's that he beat his man deep on and Dalton just couldn't get him the ball. Honestly as good as Greens numbers were at 97/1,350/11 they should have probably been closer to 110/1700/16 if he had Ryan or Romo throwing him the ball.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets not forget the discrepancy at QB in this discussion. Jones has Matt Ryan, Dez has Romo, Green has Dalton. While Dalton isn't terrible, he is an absolutely HORRID deep ball QB. Green should have had probably 5-7 more TD's that he beat his man deep on and Dalton just couldn't get him the ball. Honestly as good as Greens numbers were at 97/1,350/11 they should have probably been closer to 110/1700/16 if he had Ryan or Romo throwing him the ball.

Without Green, Dalton wouldn't look nearly as good. I watched a game and he was locked onto AJ Green throwing into double coverage, and half the time Green would make the play in traffic. Dalton probably will get better over time with the deep ball timing. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Green gets around 1,500 yards this year.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Green, Dalton wouldn't look nearly as good. I watched a game and he was locked onto AJ Green throwing into double coverage, and half the time Green would make the play in traffic. Dalton probably will get better over time with the deep ball timing. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Green gets around 1,500 yards this year.

This is possibly a make or break year for Dalton. He plays well against bad teams, but against good teams he can't do anything. Green also needs another playmaker at the #2 WR position. Last year we started Armon Binns and Brandon Tate there.

Red80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the year, Dez was borderline unstoppable.

How can that be? They said before they were drafted about Bryant & Green they would both struggle to even learn an NFL playbook! lol Same crap i read about Cordarrelle Patterson.

Time will tell how good of a route runner CP84 can become but with the rock in his hands Patterson has the skill set to be better than all of them and i want to see this kid in a 49ers jersey developing to take over from Boldin and or Crabtree if he leaves in free agency.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He needs some other threat - either a good receiving TE or a #2 receiver to at least shift the safeties off him a little.

I just watched a highlight real of him and there were a few really cool plays on underthrown balls where he slowed down without locking in on the ball, and then sped up to get to full speed through the catch to toast the corner. Most receivers slow down to just make the catch and get tackled right away on that type of play.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How can that be? They said before they were drafted about Bryant & Green they would both struggle to even learn an NFL playbook! lol Same crap i read about Cordarrelle Patterson.

I don't remember a single person saying that about either AJ Green or Dez Bryant.

I get the impression you like Cordarrelle Patterson Red80.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why Thomas is even better than people think. Not on the level of Green, but he looked good with Tebow throwing him the ball. That should be some kind of award in itself.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dez is definitely 2nd. Imagine if Romo trusted Dez as much as Stafford trusts Megatron, he'd be putting up megatron-esque numbers.

@Chet_G
Dez Bryant's 27 TDs in his first 3 seasons ranks 6th in the Super Bowl era for wide receivers.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said at the beginning of last season that he would be considered the #2 WR in the league at the end of this past season. Not very bold, but still. I think it's pretty well accepted now.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is definitely 2nd. Imagine if Romo trusted Dez as much as Stafford trusts Megatron, he'd be putting up megatron-esque numbers.

@Chet_G
Dez Bryant's 27 TDs in his first 3 seasons ranks 6th in the Super Bowl era for wide receivers.

Imagine if Romo didn't throw to the other team half the time.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust needs to be earned and Dez finds himself running the wrong routes constantly. I have a buddy of mine in the DAL organization (PR Dept) and he said that Dez was a constant point of irritation with the players because of how talented he was coupled with his unwillingness to study or care for his craft.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Titus Young was clearly the best WR in the game today

:clap:

P.S. AJ Green & Julio Jones are both amazing. It is nuts to see them climb the ladder and catch everything the way they do. buuuuuuut Green is slightly better. Slightly.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cowboys fan, my 2 cents, Dez makes way too many mental mistakes to be in the conversation. He runs the wrong route at least twice a game. 2 of the picks Romo threw in the disastrous Bears game last year were because he threw the ball to where Dez was supposed to be but wasn't. This happenes all the time.