• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Bryant arrested on a family violence charge

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dez Bryant of Dallas Cowboys allegedly assaulted mom, police say - ESPN Dallas

So Dez almost rips off his mom's shirty and bra while grabbing her hair and shirt to slap her with a baseball hat. He is rapidly turning into PacMan II

He's arguably worse at this point (depending on whom you ask and also their culture view) since PacMan love his own mother and wouldn't stoop to that level of harming and disrespecting her in that manner. I like Dez the player, but I don't like his attitude ever since he refused to carry pads when veterans asked him to do so during his first NFL training camp.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to be a staunch defender of Dez Bryant, but not anymore. I still don't know the details, and maybe I am overreacting, but hitting your own mother means you're just an outright idiot and an asshole.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd hold off passing judgment for now. It does look real bad. But his mom was arrested for slinging rock in the past. In reality it could have went down a lot different than what was reported. It could turn out she was high, started the fight, and then called the cops on him to teach him a lesson. You just never really know unless you were there.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'd hold off passing judgment for now. It does look real bad. But his mom was arrested for slinging rock in the past. In reality it could have went down a lot different than what was reported. It could turn out she was high, started the fight, and then called the cops on him to teach him a lesson. You just never really know unless you were there.

Word.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I thought she was a prostitute." - Jeff Ireland

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has so much talent. It's a shame that he's turned out this way. On the bright side if a team had to suffer for his off the field issues i am certainly glad it's the Cowboys. For a team that looked to be absolutely stacked at WR a year ago i think they may be in trouble at the position once again.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, on the bright side... he did only hit her with his hat. It isn't like he full on beat her up. Still though, it is his mom and you aren't supposed to raise your hands to your mom unless she comes after you with a kitchen knife or something crazy... but like you said, maybe this was one of those crazy exceptions considering her own past.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"I thought she was a prostitute." - Jeff Ireland

Gotta be honest, the way that interview went down, I didn't think Ireland's question was that inappropriate. As memory serves, it went something like this:

Ireland: "What does you dad do?"

Bryant: "My dad's a pimp."

I: "What does your mom do?"

B: "My mom works for my dad."

Ireland's question, while perhaps slightly dickish, seemed a natural one given Bryant's responses.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, on the bright side... he did only hit her with his hat. It isn't like he full on beat her up. Still though, it is his mom and you aren't supposed to raise your hands to your mom unless she comes after you with a kitchen knife or something crazy... but like you said, maybe this was one of those crazy exceptions considering her own past.

I'd like the defense attorney to tell that to the jury. I'm sure charges will be dropped as they always are or he'll plead down to nothing, so no jury here. Ironically, it's probably more true because it was just a hat.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be honest, the way that interview went down, I didn't think Ireland's question was that inappropriate. As memory serves, it went something like this:

Ireland: "What does you dad do?"

Bryant: "My dad's a pimp."

I: "What does your mom do?"

B: "My mom works for my dad."

Ireland's question, while perhaps slightly dickish, seemed a natural one given Bryant's responses.

Yea, I remember thinking that, too. I'd say, it was more Bryant's fault than anything. I would assume Ireland had already decided he didn't want the guy before he asked the question.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
At first I was going to give him some benefit of the doubt because it's not like his mom was going to win mother of the year awards any time soon but after hearing the 911 call on NFL Total Access it sounds like he's roughed up his mom a few times already and she finally got fed up and called the cops on him.

Unless the mom is flat out lying which I wouldn't completely dismiss this doesn't sound like some random spur of the moment lost control kind of deal.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaked video evidence.

Last edited by a moderator: