• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils vs Flyers: Game 1 GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck it give him the penalty shot...you see how clutch marty is in the shootout. drag him the fuck down and give him the penalty shot. in that spot the pressure is all on the shooter. horrible play by harrold which is the reason why he was in albany for the season

I am really not understanding Deboer insisting on dressing Harrold over Larsson.Really it shouldn't even be a question.Harrold is a joke that lack of effort shifted the momentum of the game

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty held us in but also made some wtf moves... IMHO.... some of his decisions weren't very good and his quickness isn't the same(could really be exhaustion, he's playing alot)

on the breakaway goal, looking at it, did Marty made the right move, falling to his side rather than go butterfly? More time to make a stack save(a useless move since Briere went to Marty's right)

fault is everywhere... i thought we were going to hold on for the win, but exhaustion, age and lack of playoff intensity was on full display....

Deboer, do us right, make the changes!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost want to add, get Moose in there.

Not to knock on Brodeur, but more for actually spelling him and giving him some time to build up and recover.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OT coming... I have to say that I was a bit worried about the cryers, but after seeing this game I think we can beat them if we stop makeing stupid mistakes... They did not look like the dominating physical team we saw in the pens series... I hope we steal this one in OT..

And on a side note... WHAT THE HELL KOVY.... can you try any less? My god its the second round and this guy is skateing and playing like its a preseason game and he could care less.... if he hurt, then fine.. but if hes not.... god help this team if this is the kind of effort we are getting from our star... If anyone is recording the game, go back to our second PP and watch when they clear the puck to his side of the boards... HE DOESNT EVEN MOVE TO TRY AND KEEP IT IN.... he just watches it and slowly skates back to his end.... it wasnt even a hard clear... you gotta be kidding me... Hopefully he will make up for it in OT with a great pass or something,.... we can tell his speed is gone... I just hope his will to play isnt either....

LETS GO DEVILS!!!! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!

I was very unimpressed with Kovy during the OT winner. He pulls off instead of taking the Flyers player when it was going up the wall, and barely tried to prevent the shot from the point.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to BWW after riding the dirt=cycle to watch the game.... Of all places, fucking Flyers fans in Birmingham, fucking Alabama. Needless to say they were happy to rub the loss in my face..... Again, I really hate Philly.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very unimpressed with Kovy during the OT winner. He pulls off instead of taking the Flyers player when it was going up the wall, and barely tried to prevent the shot from the point.

Kovy's stupid ass penalty was nothing more than shameful..... WTF just poke your stick in the guys chest/face. Stupid!!!!! That penalty cost us big time.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kovy's stupid ass penalty was nothing more than shameful..... WTF just poke your stick in the guys chest/face. Stupid!!!!! That penalty cost us big time.

just clearing the situation, Kovy SHOULD'VE been penalized, they called a hook on Greene rather than Kovy's beheading swing... could've called both honestly.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 goats

1 peter harrold horrible pinch poor effort to follow up lost our momentum

2 Kovy something has got to be wrong with him

3 Andy Greene horrible penalty at the worst time

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
clarkson notice 2 out of the 3 problems are defensemen? yet we drafted the "best" d man in the draft at #4 and he cant crack this lineup/

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clarkson notice 2 out of the 3 problems are defensemen? yet we drafted the "best" d man in the draft at #4 and he cant crack this lineup/

IMO he belongs in the lineup I am extremely displeased with Deboers coaching throughout the playoffs.Hopefully what ever bug Deboer has up his ass with Larsson doesn't destroy the kids confidence .Right now Pete is doing his best to coach us out of the playoffs .This team needs a wake up call not a bunch of excuses,days off and bad decisions

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Larsson in there. And is anybody else willing to take the risk of Tallinder bleeding to death on the ice in order to get him in the lineup?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you guys don't mind me chiming in a bit. I'll try and keep it respectful. Well, as respectful as it is possible for a dirty, stinking Philly fan to be.

Marty held us in but also made some wtf moves... IMHO.... some of his decisions weren't very good and his quickness isn't the same(could really be exhaustion, he's playing alot) on the breakaway goal, looking at it, did Marty made the right move, falling to his side rather than go butterfly? More time to make a stack save(a useless move since Briere went to Marty's right)

fault is everywhere... i thought we were going to hold on for the win, but exhaustion, age and lack of playoff intensity was on full display....

Deboer, do us right, make the changes!

I don't think it was the right move there. He basically took away EVERYTHING if Briere continues to go forehand, but if Briere dekes or quickly shoots stick side (which he did) Brodeur is dead in the water. As a goalie you are taught not to commit first, and while I think Briere had his mind made up already, Brodeur at the very least committed at the same time. He didn't play the odds well.

just clearing the situation, Kovy SHOULD'VE been penalized, they called a hook on Greene rather than Kovy's beheading swing... could've called both honestly.

I would have been pissed if they'd called both on my team. One minor is the right call there. Greene hooked, and Kovy got the high stick (although the Flyer was on his knees so that makes the high sticking less of a violation of the spirit of the game imo), true, but it's the fucking playoffs and you don't put a team down two men unless they EARN it. They either picked one and called it or assumed the high stick was Greene's.

Get Larsson in there. And is anybody else willing to take the risk of Tallinder bleeding to death on the ice in order to get him in the lineup?

The 2012 playoffs. Where every team is missing key defensemen and scrambling to make do until they return (to replace the other key defenseman injured in the game before they come back, most likely). They are going to have to start holding them together with duct tape and prayer at this rate. I always liked Tallinder.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said vadered we have definitely missed tallinder since he went out with the blood clot its dressing Harrold over Larsson that is questionable

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was drunk yesterday.... So pardon me for my being incorrect. I'm happy that we didn't give Philly a 5 on 3 then. The replay of the Greene/Kovy penalty made the Flyer punks behind me get all giddy....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell yeah!!!! Get Tallinder back there...

(obviously, the blood clot is too dangerous)

I'm thinking, Larsson, Tao(yes Tao, need some speed and durability) should get in.... try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.