• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice, I guess you are "comparing" Leake and Zimmermann. If so.....

Why do you "round" everything in YOUR favor? Zimmermann's average is $22mil a year...not $20mil. Leake's K/BB ratio is 2.65, not "under 2".
i messed up on the math.. and no.. last year his k/bb ratio was under 2 with san fran... either way.. caca

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is this.. would you rather pay 16 mil for a player that puts up mediocre stats in the NL.. or pay 6 mil more and get #2 starter stats... That is the point Iffy.. Just curious how you feel about it. I am sure since the Tigers actually signed Zimmerman you would say Leake would be the better pick up. Lol

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards sign Mike Leake to a 5 yr 80 mil contract that with incentives and a mutual option could reach 94 mil.

16 mil a yr for a career 3.88 era starter with a k/bb ratio of under 2...
20 mil a yr for a career 3.32 era starter with a k/bb ratio of nearly 4...

Who do you want? I pay the extra 4 mil all day long.

I know this was intended for me.

you got me, Vice. :suds:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i messed up on the math.. and no.. last year his k/bb ratio was under 2 with san fran... either way.. caca

Mike Leake

2015 - k/bb 2.43
21 starts Cin 2.65
9 starts SF 1.93

The very definition of Cherry picking, and why your the master of it.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Leake

2015 - k/bb 2.43
21 starts Cin 2.65
9 starts SF 1.93

The very definition of Cherry picking, and why your the master of it.
Hey bums.. did you cherry pick when you said Morales was the league leader in RBI? Or when you said Vargas coming back from injury would help the KC rotation when he possibly won't even be back in 2016?

LOL Bums.. face it.. I own you.. go talk to Doug.. you both are on the same level.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still sucks we signed Mike Pelfry. Don't care how much it was for.
The thing that just gets me is the timing of it... Low tier starters don't come off the board fast. They could have made this signing in Feb if they wanted to. There are still plenty of comparable options available now... Avila jumped to fast on this. Hopefully the guy can give some useful innings.. and not be a complete disaster.

I don't get the Mike Aviles signing either... the guy sucks asshole. Other than possible clubhouse presence... he has no redeeming quality at all. He can play a bunch of defensive positions average or below... and can't hit worth a shit.

The Cameron Maybin trade could end up being a huge steal though.. I will give him that. Getting a 28 year old outfielder that has decent stats and 3 mil to pay down his salary to 5.5 mil for Ian Krol and a low a ball pitcher is about as low risk as it gets.

So far I have to say I like where Avila's head is at.. but the Pelfrey signing is a total head scratcher... the risk/reward in signing him is horrible and he could have waited to make the move... I doubt anyone was banging on Scott Boras' door about Pelfrey. I would have rather had them sign Matt Latos, who is only looking for a 1 year deal. At least Matt Latos has a higher ceiling with about the same floor.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Smitty......My nephew is getting letters from colleges.....Eastern Kentucky, Ohio, Kentucky and a few others.....He went to UK yesterday to throw in front of the coaches.......I'll keep ya posted but no doubt in my mind he's going to get a scholarship somewhere.....He's still a junior in High school.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few pro scouts were there from the Cardinals, Pirates and Orioles.....They weren't there to see him but it was a good venue to showcase him......He looked real relaxed and threw well....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Smitty......My nephew is getting letters from colleges.....Eastern Kentucky, Ohio, Kentucky and a few others.....He went to UK yesterday to throw in front of the coaches.......I'll keep ya posted but no doubt in my mind he's going to get a scholarship somewhere.....He's still a junior in High school.
That's awesome man!

Does he play year round down there?

My JV kids keep bugging me to open the gym on weekends. But I'm holding strong on the they gotta wait till after New Years.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats awesome.. UK is SEC.. SEC is no joke for baseball.. if he is getting recruited there.. that is legit!