• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2013 Thread

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt last year either when people picked us to run away with the division....and we won by one game.

I think it more reflective of the season to say they clinched the division in mid-september. What happened after that is immaterial.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it more reflective of the season to say they clinched the division in
mid-september. What happened after that is immaterial.

Yes, Cleveland was red-hot, but after the Tigers clinched, you could see by what they put on the field that they could care less if they won another regular season game at that point.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland didn't improve themselves at all. Losing the pitching they did was surprising. As close as they were I honestly thought they would keep looking for pieces.

The Royals made themselves better and the White Sox look to be about the same.

Detroit gets better by way of the division becoming weaker IMO.

The Santana rumor still is interesting. I think a lot can still happen between now and Spring Training. Detroit signs Santana, trades MAx for prospects, and ??????

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland didn't improve themselves at all. Losing the pitching they did was surprising. As close as they were I honestly thought they would keep looking for pieces.

The Royals made themselves better and the White Sox look to be about the same.

Detroit gets better by way of the division becoming weaker IMO.

The Santana rumor still is interesting. I think a lot can still happen between now and Spring Training. Detroit signs Santana, trades MAx for prospects, and ??????

Not sure what Cleveland's plans are for pitching. They caught some weak lightning in a bottle with Kazmir. He gone. Ubaldo is still out there. Masterson should be back. That Salazar kid looked to be capable. I don't know what would make me think they'll contend. They did get rid of Stubbs. Great idea since I don't know why the ever traded for him. Minny won't compete. Chicago can only be better, but they're very flawed. KC might actually finish over .500 and compete this year. (I didn't forget that conversation: ) their lineup just doesn't look like a division winner to me. Had they got Beltran I would have felt differently. As far as Max goes, would Seatle be interested? They have a nice group of young guys/prospects and are spending money.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland moving Carlos Santana to first is a nice move as long as Gomes hits while catching full time. The loss of pitching kills them. Not sure if Ubaldo can be resigned but would not be surprised if they were in on Tanaka or Choo.

But yea I like the Royals better than Cleveland right now.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh Casey Crosby and AlAl in the same bullpen... That should be great. (If you like balls)

Hell dont forget rondon and his at times being wild....and how many times did it seem coke came in to face a lefty and walked him...

Everytime ALAL came in last year, id tell my wife.....if the guy just doesnt swing he has a pretty good chance at a walk.

Between miggy and our BP....i see alot of walks in the future

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10mil for a guy that plays 65 innings or so, is big money to me. Four more Joba type signings and I wouldn't have to dread Crosby, or Coke or New Mexico.

I remember last year alot of people were complaining about the possibility of the tigers getting papelbon because they didnt want to pay a closer that much money.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember last year alot of people were complaining about the possibility of the tigers getting papelbon because they didnt want to pay a closer that much money.

Yeah, including me.(Soriano also) But my opinion on Papelbon also includes that he's not so great. Just closed games for a team that won a lot of games.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell dont forget rondon and his at times being wild....and how many times did it seem coke came in to face a lefty and walked him...

Everytime ALAL came in last year, id tell my wife.....if the guy just doesnt swing he has a pretty good chance at a walk.

Between miggy and our BP....i see alot of walks in the future

Honestly couldn't watch AlAl at the end of the season. I realized screaming at the TV didn't help anything so I had to just get up and leave.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland moving Carlos Santana to first is a nice move as long as Gomes hits while catching full time. The loss of pitching kills them. Not sure if Ubaldo can be resigned but would not be surprised if they were in on Tanaka or Choo.

But yea I like the Royals better than Cleveland right now.

Yeah i agree the royals are the team to worry about...its going to be about their starting pitching....their BP is solid....according to some of their fans, they love their lineup and guys off the bench....guys like dyson, maxwell, bonafacio, and valencia coming off the bench. If they had gotten beltran or another bat id be even more scared....gonna suck facing omar now....just throw him offspeed....no fastballs...

Funny were talking about ubaldo....i think the injuns know his season was a fluke....back to 3 more years of sucking for him....but i would of thought cleveland would of made a bigger move or two....but it is cleveland.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, including me.(Soriano also) But my opinion on Papelbon also includes that he's not so great. Just closed games for a team that won a lot of games.

One has to wonder tho if we had papelbon in the ALCS....benoit as the set up man.....papelbon might of been pitching with a chip on his shoulder....you never know.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it more reflective of the season to say they clinched the division in mid-september. What happened after that is immaterial.

They clinched sept 25th...only 6 days before the playoffs started....they hardly ran away with the division..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Cleveland was red-hot, but after the Tigers clinched, you could see by what they put on the field that they could care less if they won another regular season game at that point.

Outside of the last game that JV pitched.....most of the positional players played vs miami....miggy, prince, ajax all played...i think dirks filled in for hunter a game......but yeah, the last game they started a AAA lineup

They only clinched with 3 games to go.....not mid sept with 10 games to go....

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Royals offense. Not really the SP. If they do not resign Santana the only pitcher with an era under 4 is Shields and his whip last season was 1.24. A good # 1, but in the class of JV or Max. They got a l;ot of wins from their pen. So we shall see. Royals are in a 3 or 4 year window. Hosmer, Gordon and Moustakos all FA in 2018. Wonder how high they might be willing to go on payroll.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Royals too but if the Tigers take care of business, they should win the division. I think it is important to not that the Tigers underperformed more than anyone in the league relative to the statistics they put up on offense and defense. With the statistics they had they should have won 99+. With that in mind, I don't think they should win less than 92 games this year and that should be plenty good to win the division.

I do think we need one more legitimate arm. Unlike most I would like it to be someone that can spot start and put up some innings in long relief. I am really hoping the improved defense allows our starters to decrease their pitch count, particularly JV.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Royals offense. Not really the SP. If they do not resign Santana the only pitcher with an era under 4 is Shields and his whip last season was 1.24. A good # 1, but in the class of JV or Max. They got a l;ot of wins from their pen. So we shall see. Royals are in a 3 or 4 year window. Hosmer, Gordon and Moustakos all FA in 2018. Wonder how high they might be willing to go on payroll.

Yeah i stated on the al smack talk thread i think its a 2 team race....detroit and KC....detroit has better SP....royals have a great BP.....we got miggy, but their offense is more balanced with a decent bench...i still think the tigers needed one more BP arm....im also still worried about smyly holding up for a whole year starting..

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i stated on the al smack talk thread i think its a 2 team race....detroit and KC....detroit has better SP....royals have a great BP.....we got miggy, but their offense is more balanced with a decent bench...i still think the tigers needed one more BP arm....im also still worried about smyly holding up for a whole year starting..

AND THE NEGATIVE CRAP KEEPS ON FLOWING............................:lol:

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronnie u are a shit head.....u are the most negative poster here, who are u trying to fool.......your act is getting old......

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody isn't keep their promise to be gone for the holidays....That's too bad.