• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DETROIT LIONS MID-SEASON ANALYSIS; PART II, OFFENSE

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broncosmitty said:
Do it MikeD......

........... Don't be afraid.

:stephena: ........... :laugh3:

I guess I'm not competition for ol' MikeD tho. He likes a good ol knockdown, drag-out, old time 15 round heavyweight bout (no 3 knockdown TKO rules in this li'l bitty). I'll find my inner Swarm/Tpaul if possible.
:noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:stephena: ........... :laugh3:

I guess I'm not competition for ol' MikeD tho. He likes a good ol knockdown, drag-out, old time 15 round heavyweight bout (no 3 knockdown TKO rules in this li'l bitty). I'll find my inner Swarm/Tpaul if possible.
:noidea:

Mike hates being wrong about Ebron. Luckily the rest of us, including Mayhew, knew he'd be exactly what the Lions needed. Where would this team be without Ebron?

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good: Golden Tate. That is all.

The bad: Injuries, and my perceived failure of scheme compared to the last several years under Linehan. How 'bout those Cowboys?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike hates being WRONG about Ebron. Luckily the rest of us, including Mayhew, knew he'd be exactly what the Lions needed. Where would this team be without Ebron?

:agree: If the season ended now -- Ebron would look like the steal of the 1st round for Detroit. Personally, I can't believe he slipped down to 10th overall.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
Mike hates being wrong

And I have definitely been wrong about Ebron. We are lucky to have him. Without him -- we wouldn't be 6-2. He has taken our offense to another level.:suds:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good: Golden Tate. That is all.

The bad: Injuries, and my perceived failure of scheme compared to the last several years under Linehan. How 'bout those Cowboys?

Sure hope Weeden can stay healthy. Romo can't...

Romo not playing today and next you will see Murray get hurt due to workload and suddenly Cowboys second half will be what I thought I would not be.

I was buying into Cowboys and Lions changing their second half woes...hope I am still have a 50% success rate.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right again. 5-3 most likely IMO without him.

I don't think you are giving him enough credit. IMO, Detroit wouldn't even be .500 without him. Imagine how bad our offense would be if he weren't out there? He has almost single handedly turned our defense into one of the top units in the league, as teams spend so much time game planning to stop him -- they don't have time to come up with an offensive game plan.

Best pick by Mayhew in a landslide, IMO

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:happyshake:... uunnhhh uunnhh

ur just stirring the pot with more "THE SHIT" in it

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I'm watching the beat-down that the Fins are giving Bolts, the Lions might get curb-stomped next week. I like the change in Fins over the last 3 weeks, even tho beating Chico cubs, Jags aren't the best of wins, they had GB right where they wanted them until, well you know, the Rodgers affect.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I'm watching the beat-down that the Fins are giving Bolts, the Lions might get curb-stomped next week. I like the change in Fins over the last 3 weeks, even tho beating Chico cubs, Jags aren't the best of wins, they had GB right where they wanted them until, well you know, the Rodgers affect.

Hoping our Offense is a world apart after the Bye and all the returning pieces.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do too LP, hope the offense is healed and in-sync but man it's rather hard to fathom that at this point coming out of the bye. BP & Ebron prolly gonna go off in dis game, right ?

On a serious note, this upcoming game vs Fins should be 1 helluva defensive battle with points at a premium.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes we look too much into what happens the week before. Teams just have your number some weeks.

Dolphins have been a up and down team every other week it seems. This SD asswhooping may be good thing.

As you said in other post good defensive game it should be. Lions need to play both halves for sure in this game.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy, I don't read into blowouts too much... ATL over Bucs then go on the road to lose to Minnyhaha but they (the Fins) are starting to get some momentum with OC Lazor having Tanneyhill run some zone read option, which suits Tanneyhill better, imo.

you got to admit that the Fins had pakherz on the ropes, shoulda won that game, then beats Chico and Jags on the road, then comes home and annihilates the Bolts. Now Bolts missin' some "D" fo sho, but Rivers greater than Stafford last 24 games and he came up with zilch today (3 int's.).

Fins 24-27 at Hm vs Pakherz (lost in last min)
Fins 27- 14 at Chi
Fins 27-13 at Jags
Fins 37-0 at hm vs Bolts

I'm just sayin', u notice somethin' ?
Fins

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Detroit has what we like to call the Ebron effect, something none of those teams had going for them.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touche', TrustMe... you really are coming around....:mad:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes we look too much into what happens the week before. Teams just have your number some weeks.

Dolphins have been a up and down team every other week it seems. This SD asswhooping may be good thing.

As you said in other post good defensive game it should be. Lions need to play both halves for sure in this game.

Agreed. I like the fins, they have a great defense, but we have the advantage of playing at home coming off of a bye week. If CJ is healthy the lions should do fine.