• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DETROIT LIONS MID-SEASON ANALYSIS; PART II, OFFENSE

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callin' it right now... Fins gonna win @ Lions... sorry man... it's going to be reality

Ebron 32 snaps..6 targets..3 off fingertips...2 right off the chest..1 off the facemask..#0-production

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callin' it right now... Fins gonna win @ Lions... sorry man... it's going to be reality

Ebron 32 snaps..6 targets..3 off fingertips...2 right off the chest..1 off the facemask..#0-production

Posts like this usually don't go over well on Sundays.

I wish you luck in your quest to post honest opinions.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be there front row. We better be laying down an ass whooping.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Dolphins game being a real litmus test for this year's team.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing improvement in the offense.

I know they are sputtering early in games, but these comebacks have been without CJ. Something we haven't seen before. It's also nice to know the Lions now have two #1 WRs. It's also nice to know the Seahawks shit the bed on that one.

I know I've crapped all over the Ebron pick, and I won't back off my stance that it was a stupid pick, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a more constant presence in the offense in the 2nd half. He will probably make some big mistakes, but it's what rookies do. I guess it all boils down to whether he is willing to put in the work, because he certainly has the tools. I doubted his work ethic. I'm hoping I was wrong about that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see better performance from the OL in the 2nd half, provided they can stay healthy. I don't like complicated blocking schemes, but I see no reason to believe they can't improve after a half season with the new scheme. Maybe even enough to carry Ravioli for another 10 or 11 games.

I also have to give Stafford some props. I also think it's time to be realistic about what he is. He's never going to have the accuracy and touch of Brady. He is what he is. A QB that doesn't give the defense much time to react because the ball gets there so fast. He plays to win because winning is important to him. And with this defense, he will never be out of a game. The one thing I've noticed that drives me crazy about him, is that he passes up way too much short yardage (7-10 yards) looking for the home run. But by the time he gets back to the open guy underneath, the separation has closed. When CJ comes back, I'm hoping he remembers he has other dependable receivers.

The Dolphins? If the Lions turn the ball over the way the Bears, Jags, and Chargers did, yeah, they might get beat. But Miami is going to be facing a little tougher defense than they did in those three games.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments on the offense. With a young QB in a new offensive system they have not done great. Im hoping in the next few games the OLINE and stafford become much more comfortable with the system. If CJ is 100% healthy the lions offense will be 20 times better. Hes the MVP of the team for a reason. With a healthy CJ, the return of bush and pettigrew and the addition of tate this offseason this offense should start rolling come sunday. It all hinges on CJS health.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posts like this usually don't go over well on Sundays.

I wish you luck in your quest to post honest opinions.

Ive been crucified, ostracized, called names, etc if I ever suggest the lions might lose on any given sunday and give valid points. Its dangerous to talk that way on here. I still like the lions at home though with the return of half of their offense with the extra week of rest and preparation, although the dolphins have been one of the hottest teams in football this past month. Good thing is after they laid that beatdown on the chargers the lions definitely will not be taking them lightly.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been crucified, ostracized, called names, etc if I ever suggest the lions might lose on any given sunday and give valid points.

You poor guy. And after you've been nothing but nice and respectful.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valid is in the eye of the beholder.

I can't see it?
big+eye+photo.jpg

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You poor guy. And after you've been nothing but nice and respectful.

I thought I was , maybe not..I'm always willing to become a better person.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I was , maybe not..I'm always willing to become a better person.

Better person = blindly optimistic, kool-aid drinking, corn bread eating, mayhew loving homer?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better person = blindly optimistic, kool-aid drinking, corn bread eating, mayhew loving homer?

I sure hope that isn't what makes someone a better person or I am in trouble.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the hell did BigBlue Go?

Im not starting my Ryan Tannehill (Tannyhill if you prefer) thread without him around.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ah ok. That really was of no help. Besides tpaul who I will admit Ive gone too far with from time to time, I dont believe Ive been nasty or disrespectful toward anyone, even you. But, maybe not. I understand self reflection is a very difficult thing to do so again, Im always open to suggestions as my ultimate goal here is to chat with other lions fans without the bullshit drama and personal attacks. I believe (besides tpaul) that I have done that relatively well and even with tpaul I usually just ignore it. Thanks brother.