• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Lions KR/PR duties

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hester was a return man first, WR second. He wasn't a starting WR.

Was about to post this.

The Bears didn't draft Hester to help their receiving core. The Lions signed Tate to do just that. If the coaches think it's safe to put him back there, fine. But to say matter of factly that injuries as a return man don't factor into certain players not getting the job back there is showing a lack of knowledge, or trolling. This could go either way.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was about to post this.

The Bears didn't draft Hester to help their receiving core. The Lions signed Tate to do just that. If the coaches think it's safe to put him back there, fine. But to say matter of factly that injuries as a return man don't factor into certain players not getting the job back there is showing a lack of knowledge, or trolling. This could go either way.

Then matter of factly......Thats right I said it.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. They do. Schwartz benched his sorry ass, twice.(Monte Ball lost PT because he lays it in the ground also. Fumbles are inexcusable) Guy lost us games because he can't hold into the ball. There is no excuse for it. (You're talking to the wrong guy about giving QBs free passes.). And his inability to handle the ball is why we didn't see back there. Which is fine with me.

Agree here. We saw camera shots of Bush standing on the sidelines multiple times after he fumbled. He wasn't benched for entire games, I don't believe, but he did get his ass shipped off to the bench.

As for QBs, look at Eli this part season. Dude was on track to set an int record. My belief is they simply didn't have anyone capable of stepping in. And Coughlin is usually one to bench fuckers for poor play(see David Wilson). QBs get passes for longer periods of time than most positions, in most cases, especially if they've had success or show flashes of potential.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree here. We saw camera shots of Bush standing on the sidelines multiple times after he fumbled. He wasn't benched for entire games, I don't believe, but he did get his ass shipped off to the bench.

As for QBs, look at Eli this part season. Dude was on track to set an int record. My belief is they simply didn't have anyone capable of stepping in. And Coughlin is usually one to bench fuckers for poor play(see David Wilson). QBs get passes for longer periods of time than most positions, in most cases, especially if they've had success or show flashes of potential.

Im not so sure he was scratched from the Philly game solely because of injury. He was already in the doghouse. Schwartz knew it was going to be a waste of time trying to hand off the ball to Bush in the snow. But I was getting at in game benchings. (Schaub had a higher completion percentage than most QBs when he was benched. It was turnovers that lost him his job.). Hester was the Bears #2 receiver three years ago wasn't he? He was awful, I know that.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you're completely wrong. And your example of Hester was a piss poor one.

I disagree, I'm completely right and my example was more then right.:laugh3:

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play the best player at the position, simple as that.......Tough shit if he gets hurt, but if he's better then Ross returning kicks then you play him.

It's flipping football not tittely winks.

I've been known to wink a few myself.....

Oh, wait, you meant tidley winks. Haven't played won those since I was a wee young lad.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Tate was ranked the #1 PR last year? It really didnt stop Seattle from putting him back there, so I wonder if the Lions have the same plan. Ross was good, but he would have to claim a spot among the WR unit to keep his position if you ask me. Personally, if I have several guys that is good at it, I might roll with the hot guy that day.

If I were the Lions I would only utilize Tate as a punt returner in certain situations. Last year the Seahawks had no other options so Tate was pretty much forced into the role even when he was our #1 wr and Harvin was out and Kearse was hobbled. That and the Seahawks offense is so predicated on field position that having Tate back there made a huge difference.

If the Lions have other options I would lean towards more towards that option and bring Tate in for some 4th quarter PR duties when the game is on the line.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer bush or tate over anybody. Im curious whos going to be getting all of the reverses now that burleson has left, kris durham? Lol.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer bush or tate over anybody. Im curious whos going to be getting all of the reverses now that burleson has left, kris durham? Lol.

Don't rule out Leshoure being lined up out wide. I hear he looked faster a long fucking time ago.