• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys Wilcard

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I think it was PI? Yeah, I did. Do I think it cost them the game? No fucking way. It was one call. Letting Suh play after originally being suspended was a call. No one bitched, bring it on.

After the call, how about having the balls to go for it on 4th and 1, the way Garrett did on 4th and 6? If you punt, how about executing the punt and pinning Dallas deep instead of shanking one like a JV punter. Then, how about making a stop. There were two defensive holdings on the Dallas drive, both were correct. The last Detroit series, plenty of time, two time outs, make a play

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread was "Suh wins appeal" post #116 thru 125.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
playoff win means you get to keep playing, meaning you still have a shot at the super bowl.

It does have meaning. Unless of course you are talking about the grand scheme of life, and if so then LMAO at you coming on a sports board bitching about a game. Talk about REALLY not mattering in the "grand scheme". :pound:

Who's bitching? We're just calling out the refs on their horrible effort today. I could care less who won this game because neither of these teams are going to contend against the likes of Green Bay and Seattle.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel bad for Suh, guy is a dick. But I do feel bad for their fans. To have a game like this get taken over by the officials is awful.

:pound:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find funny that no one is talking about is that Dez Bryant can come running out on the field with his helmet off pleading to the refs (yelling and screaming) that it wasn't a pass interference call... then they pick it up.... why isn't anyone talking about that... since when does Bryant have coaching rights to do that.. if anything they should have thrown a flag on him for being on the field without a helmet and arguing/yelling at the refs... I guess he can changed there minds because they picked up the flag after his "coaching" role he played.

BS call and everyone knows it... then you have TWO calls extend Dallas's game winning drive to get them the touchdown (not to mention the non hold calls on a few of those plays). One was pass interference... but the second one that gave them first and goal was not. The one where the running back was knocked down on the screen play. As a Saints fan, teams have consistently done that to sproiles and Pierre Thomas over and over and its never called. Brees throws them the ball as they are tackled before that ball is thrown and since its at the line and within 5 yards, its always a no call no matter how much Brees pleads that they held or even tackled our running back.. its never called... yet dallas has it done to them and its a penalty... setting up the game winning touchdown at that... BS and everyone in the country knows it but the dall ass fans....

Totally agree with your first paragraph except for one thing - Coaches can't run onto the field like that either. Dez and the Cowboys were lucky they didn't throw the flag on him. It would have been ironic if they picked up the first flag and then threw a 15 yarder at him for that.

On your second paragraph you are wrong. It may be questionable if the running back was hit, but not if he was grabbed. If the LB thought he was going to get blocked and drilled Dunbar Within 5 yards I couldn't say it should be a penalty, but you cannot honestly say you think it is OK to grab a RB as he is running by you in a passing pattern.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. You are so cute. The fact that this is such a big deal to you means that this message board is much more important to you than it is to me. It must be a big part of your life. It means jackshit to me so for that reason, I will take you up on your offer.

If the Lions win in Dallas tomorrow, you will leave this board forever, give me your vcash, tell hammer to ban your IP, etc, etc.

If the Cowgirls win, I will do the same.

Deal?

time to man up dude .. now should us mods draw straws to see who gets to do the banning ?:suds:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think it's funny that Dallas fans all come out after the game and bang their chest over a win over the Lions. :pound: Nobody is butthurt but you Dallas fans. Here trying to take credit for a playoff win that has little meaning in the scheme of things.

:dhd:

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I think it was PI? Yeah, I did. Do I think it cost them the game? No fucking way. It was one call. Letting Suh play after originally being suspended was a call. No one bitched, bring it on.

After the call, how about having the balls to go for it on 4th and 1, the way Garrett did on 4th and 6? If you punt, how about executing the punt and pinning Dallas deep instead of shanking one like a JV punter. Then, how about making a stop. There were two defensive holdings on the Dallas drive, both were correct. The last Detroit series, plenty of time, two time outs, make a play

You're right on most of this, but the defensive holding call on the linebacker on the slip screen was completely wrong. Within 5 yards on the line, any contact goes. Its a rule. And there was also 2 other occasions where Dallas players ran onto the field begging to the refs taking their helmets off. Not counting the obvious one on Dez. Totaling up to around 50-60 yards worth of penaties after that 8:18 mark in the 4th quarter. The game was clearly swung in favor of Dallas by this. No argument against it.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time to man up dude .. now should us mods draw straws to see who gets to do the banning ?:suds:

RTeuW.gif

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with your first paragraph except for one thing - Coaches can't run onto the field like that either. Dez and the Cowboys were lucky they didn't throw the flag on him. It would have been ironic if they picked up the first flag and then threw a 15 yarder at him for that.

On your second paragraph you are wrong. It may be questionable if the running back was hit, but not if he was grabbed. If the LB thought he was going to get blocked and drilled Dunbar Within 5 yards I couldn't say it should be a penalty, but you cannot honestly say you think it is OK to grab a RB as he is running by you in a passing pattern.

Its within 5 yards of the line. Its ok for DBs to grab WRs within that 5 yard limit. So its ok for him too.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misko you do realize you could auction off the rights to ban him to any of us with some temporary powers.

I will start the bidding at $5 dollars....do I hear 6

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd settle for the vCash and changing his AVI to Steve's Little Bitch. I understand money for the Mods depend on traffic.:yahoo:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right on most of this, but the defensive holding call on the linebacker on the slip screen was completely wrong. Within 5 yards on the line, any contact goes. Its a rule. And there was also 2 other occasions where Dallas players ran onto the field begging to the refs taking their helmets off. Not counting the obvious one on Dez. Totaling up to around 50-60 yards worth of penaties after that 8:18 mark in the 4th quarter. The game was clearly swung in favor of Dallas by this. No argument against it.

I'm not sure about this. He literally tackled him. As they said while it was happening, he thought the RB was coming up to cover pass protection or throw a block, instead ran right by him and the defender, realizing he misread it, panicked and dragged him down. That doesn't really fall under the 5 yard contact rule.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im not saying its wrong and it should be called... I agree you cant hold or grab a running back when he is running out for a screen... what I am saying is teams do this all the time to my Saints because we run a ton of screens and they NEVER call holding or PI.... we have had our running backs tackled before on screen passes before the pass is thrown and no calls... THERE SHOULD BE A CALL... yet the same thing happens to Dallas's running back and its called... the excuse always give to the saints is that its within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage... My response to that is so... you cant hold someone within 5 yards... you can hit them or check them, knock them down even... but you cant just tackle or hold.... never called on our team which is why its tough to see it CALLED on another team...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Screw your bet. This game was cheated so it doesn't count:omg:

Make other Detroit fans look bad. Pretty sure if role was reversed it would be a different issue.

Just a POS and hope they ride you off into the sunset hero...