• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny 2

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok my buddy and I that spent a long time on the first one were talking about getting this over the weekend. Now that you have had a chance to play a few weeks, is it worth it. Basically I wonder:

1) Did they fix matchmaking for raids and smaller games?
2) Can you succeed without the micro transactions?
3) Is it possible to get the good weapons or is it endless grinding and hearing that you can get that one gun you want from any random character?
4) Does it feel like a new game or just another add on from Destiny 1?

Gracias.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok my buddy and I that spent a long time on the first one were talking about getting this over the weekend. Now that you have had a chance to play a few weeks, is it worth it. Basically I wonder:

2) Can you succeed without the micro transactions?
3) Is it possible to get the good weapons or is it endless grinding and hearing that you can get that one gun you want from any random character?
4) Does it feel like a new game or just another add on from Destiny 1?

Gracias.

1. Still no matchmaking for raids or nightfalls.
2. Yes. The micro transactions are for cosmetic stuff
3. Depends on what you mean by good. Leveling up is still a grind but getting good weapons isn't that hard. Lots of cool weapons as well.
4. It's definitely more evolutionary than revolutionary. IMO, they spent a lot more time building the story. The game play is still largely the same. PvP is better, IMO. Nightfall is interesting. Haven't tried the raid yet.

It should be noted that they still have a lot of content to release over the next few months. A major DLC comes out in December that is supposed to have a raid and more strikes.

IMO, if you loved playing D1 but thought that the mechanics were kludgy you will like this a lot. If you were meh on D1 you probably aren't going to love this one.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm running out of things to chase. Only about half of the exotics do anything so it really limits the grind especially with Xur and the preorder giving out 3 of the more interesting weapons.

Celestial Nighthawk, the Hunter piece the gives Orbs from doing the Nightstalker Super and the Sentinel armor piece that gives you ability recharge when you get hit or use Void weapons and the Raid Sword are pretty much the only things I need right now.

They need a lot more viable PVP weapons.

I have to think they will be nerfing Mida in PvP.

I think there are a lot of fun exotics though. They definitely came up with some interesting mechanics on them rather than just messing with the DPS and physics.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to think they will be nerfing Mida in PvP.

I think there are a lot of fun exotics though. They definitely came up with some interesting mechanics on them rather than just messing with the DPS and physics.
I'm a big fan of the exotics in terms of them being...exotic.

The only subclass missing a full assortment of good armors is the Sunbreaker, imo.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was mistaken on this part. I completely forgot that they create a guided nightfall and raid system. You can match make those games now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished the Raid last night. Pretty fun. One of their better raids.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game went downhill faster than the Chiefs season.

The DLC is rocking a score of 50 on metacritic and it launched an Exotic with a bug that completely ruins the PVP. They then decided to let everyone have the bugged gun instead of canceling their PVP events.

All of my friends are playing Destiny 1 more than Destiny 2. Its a mess right now. I think it'll get a lot better but I'd give the game a year.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think Destiny 2 should have just been an expansion of Destiny 1. The base game of Destiny 1 is so good (besides the story). But just imagine if they would have had the story in Destiny 2 be an expansion for Destiny 1. Personally I'm trying to get back into the game after a 2 month break. But it's pretty hard. I hope Bungie figures everything out and actually gives us rewards in the future. And also hopefully they don't have a Destiny 3 that would ruin everything.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think Destiny 2 should have just been an expansion of Destiny 1. The base game of Destiny 1 is so good (besides the story). But just imagine if they would have had the story in Destiny 2 be an expansion for Destiny 1. Personally I'm trying to get back into the game after a 2 month break. But it's pretty hard. I hope Bungie figures everything out and actually gives us rewards in the future. And also hopefully they don't have a Destiny 3 that would ruin everything.
It honestly seems like they spent so much time building new worlds for Destiny 2 that they didnt have enough time for anything else. Story based expansions could have been done on the original game.

We've been stuck on 9 subclasses since Year 2 and fighting the exact same enemies since year 2 and the same lame custom character/no dialogue set up since the start. Not really much to work with when it comes to stories.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Destiny 2 still has some issues but

1) The new Warmind Raid lair is really good.
2) There is a Patrol Horde mode that is basically Raid difficulty. The matchmaking is typical Destiny Patrol but if you get a fireteam of 3 and join up with 2-6 other randoms on the map then you can have a lot of fun.
3) The new Mars map is really well designed as a whole. I had fun on the short (like always) campaign
4) PVP has rankings so Destiny 2 can at least join the modern age of PVP
5) They buffed a lot of things for PVE since I last played. Masterwork Weapons, better solar subclasses, improved Firefly, improved Exotic Weapons.

Only the PS4 gets the best Strike and PS4 still has some exclusive loot so its a solid 8.5/10 type of expansion for PS4 but maybe closer to a 7.5 out of 10 on the other platforms.

If you like Destiny, that is. If you're looking for something really different then this isnt it.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Destiny 2 still has some issues but

1) The new Warmind Raid lair is really good.
2) There is a Patrol Horde mode that is basically Raid difficulty. The matchmaking is typical Destiny Patrol but if you get a fireteam of 3 and join up with 2-6 other randoms on the map then you can have a lot of fun.
3) The new Mars map is really well designed as a whole. I had fun on the short (like always) campaign
4) PVP has rankings so Destiny 2 can at least join the modern age of PVP
5) They buffed a lot of things for PVE since I last played. Masterwork Weapons, better solar subclasses, improved Firefly, improved Exotic Weapons.

Only the PS4 gets the best Strike and PS4 still has some exclusive loot so its a solid 8.5/10 type of expansion for PS4 but maybe closer to a 7.5 out of 10 on the other platforms.

If you like Destiny, that is. If you're looking for something really different then this isnt it.
The price point for what is offered sucks, ps4 or not

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price point for what is offered sucks, ps4 or not
Its on par with all of the other small DLCs (Dark Below, House of Wolves and Curse of Osiris) and I think its better than all of those.

Bungie does deserve the backlash, though. They hyped the game up by saying 'I hope people complain that there is too much story' which clearly has never been the case with Destiny. Destiny borrows a lot of its story telling style from Borderlands 2 where the other NPC characters are the main drivers of the story and the player character is just along for the ride. Its weird and really means that the only good stories they can tell involve massive bosses attacking things and you taking them down without getting much credit. Even when the story is longer (like vanilla Destiny 1 and 2) its still not very good.

90% of players would be better off playing Destiny 1 Collection than Destiny 2 right now unless you've done everything in Destiny 1. Those 90% would also be better off waiting until mid to late 2019 and picking up Destiny 2 collection when its a complete game.

The early adopters in Destiny have always had to wait on content. You just 'Clan Up' and play everything and then move on to other games when the content dries out.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved D1. D2 is just meh.

The lack of being able to effectively mod weapons and armor and the fact that armor is just so generic took a lot of the fun out of the game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved D1. D2 is just meh.

The lack of being able to effectively mod weapons and armor and the fact that armor is just so generic took a lot of the fun out of the game.

That and you can't choose your specific game mode in pvp and 6v6 is gone. It has only recently returned to Iron Banner.

Right now, a couple of pulse rifles are owning people everywhere too.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest version of this game is free. Starts off at a high level too.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest version of this game is free. Starts off at a high level too.
Yeah me and a buddy started downloading it. Besides the shit story, we had fun with drinking and playing the first game. I remember the shooting being very smooth.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah me and a buddy started downloading it. Besides the shit story, we had fun with drinking and playing the first game. I remember the shooting being very smooth.
So is the whole game free or just an expansion? and would it be fun sober as i dont drink really anymore (havent sworn it off but not drinking cuz i dont feel like it anymore)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its still a good game but...man the price point on the new content is the worst in Destiny history. Its $35 for a Raid, 2 strikes, and recycled content.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its still a good game but...man the price point on the new content is the worst in Destiny history. Its $35 for a Raid, 2 strikes, and recycled content.
So same ol same ol 35 bucks so you can grind some more?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the whole game free or just an expansion? and would it be fun sober as i dont drink really anymore (havent sworn it off but not drinking cuz i dont feel like it anymore)
Think the base game is free? Its fun sober but it’s probably best experienced with some squad mates instead of solo