• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Desean Jackson

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pure speculation and conjecture on my part, but here me out. Why or the Eagles so willing to part ways with to me the most import and explosive part of their offense? Shaddy McCoy is pretty important too I get it; I thought the Eagles and Chip Kelly's offense would be predicated on speed, no huddle offense and spreading you out. What if the Eagles or trying to pull off a Redskins like move and land Watkins by trading parts of this years and next years draft away? That would be scary. at first I was happy to see them part ways with Jackson until I thought this up. It just doesn't make sense to trade a premium wr with that system....they must have something up their sleeves; I think it may be Watkins or Evans. Like I said though this is pure speculation on my part Iv'e seen nothing in the news that would suggest this is true. It just doesn't make sense to me.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pure speculation and conjecture on my part, but here me out. Why or the Eagles so willing to part ways with to me the most import and explosive part of their offense? Shaddy McCoy is pretty important too I get it; I thought the Eagles and Chip Kelly's offense would be predicated on speed, no huddle offense and spreading you out. What if the Eagles or trying to pull off a Redskins like move and land Watkins by trading parts of this years and next years draft away? That would be scary. at first I was happy to see them part ways with Jackson until I thought this up. It just doesn't make sense to trade a premium wr with that system....they must have something up their sleeves; I think it may be Watkins or Evans. Like I said though this is pure speculation on my part Iv'e seen nothing in the news that would suggest this is true. It just doesn't make sense to me.

-- price and locker room distraction -- are two reported reasons the Eagles are looking to part ways with the dynamic receiver.

I think the Eagles learned their lesson on locker room distractions with TO

Maybe this will teach Dez a lesson. No matter how good you are OR CAN BE teams are tired of tolerating that shit.... Especially at 10 million+ a year

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-- price and locker room distraction -- are two reported reasons the Eagles are looking to part ways with the dynamic receiver.

I think the Eagles learned their lesson on locker room distractions with TO

Maybe this will teach Dez a lesson. No matter how good you are OR CAN BE teams are tired of tolerating that shit.... Especially at 10 million+ a year

I get that but whats the plan to replace him?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matter of fact .... If they want Sproles on the field at the same time as McCoy...... one of them will likely be in the slot or come out of the backfield running the route of the slot guy

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin is the future WR for them, not DJax. THey have Cooper in the mix as well. If all they need is a slot/speed guy, you can find one in the draft that is much cheaper and much less of a headache. Jacksons BS has worn out his welcome there, where they are willing to take pennies on the dollar for him. Glad to see that little turd getting shopped and no one showing interest in him. He should have kept his mouth shut and just played ball on his contract. He was able to bully his way into a contract sooner than anyone wanted to give him one, but where does it have him now?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin is the future WR for them, not DJax. THey have Cooper in the mix as well. If all they need is a slot/speed guy, you can find one in the draft that is much cheaper and much less of a headache. Jacksons BS has worn out his welcome there, where they are willing to take pennies on the dollar for him. Glad to see that little turd getting shopped and no one showing interest in him. He should have kept his mouth shut and just played ball on his contract. He was able to bully his way into a contract sooner than anyone wanted to give him one, but where does it have him now?

Tevin Reese out of Baylor could fill that role and on a rookie 3rd round contract at that

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy is the most important and explosive part of their offense by a mile, not D Jax.

D Jax is in a perfect spot with Philly. Yes he is best as a slot guy because of his quickness and lack of size, but he also gets behind the defense and runs those deep crossing patterns that are impossible to stop because of his quickness if the QB can hit him. Before Maclin got hurt I felt he was clearly better than Jackson, but will he be healthy? I am not a fan of Cooper at all. I think Philly is taking a big risk. I would either wait until after the draft or put off trading him until they know Maclin is healthy. The plays they ran where they got isolation on both sides of the field with Jackson on one side and McCoy on hte other where very difficult to stop. I'm not sure why tehy would want to change it up. It's not like Jackson just became a pain in the ass. Maybe Reid allowed it, but Kelly won't.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like Jackson just became a pain in the ass. Maybe Reid allowed it, but Kelly won't.

They said this morning Kelly and Jackson had a rift behind the scenes. They just kept it private rather than make it public.

So yeah I think this is more of a Kelly not putting up with the BS thing

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy is the most important and explosive part of their offense by a mile, not D Jax.

D Jax is in a perfect spot with Philly. Yes he is best as a slot guy because of his quickness and lack of size, but he also gets behind the defense and runs those deep crossing patterns that are impossible to stop because of his quickness if the QB can hit him. Before Maclin got hurt I felt he was clearly better than Jackson, but will he be healthy? I am not a fan of Cooper at all. I think Philly is taking a big risk. I would either wait until after the draft or put off trading him until they know Maclin is healthy. The plays they ran where they got isolation on both sides of the field with Jackson on one side and McCoy on hte other where very difficult to stop. I'm not sure why tehy would want to change it up. It's not like Jackson just became a pain in the ass. Maybe Reid allowed it, but Kelly won't.

Second that about McCoy. Beast

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm over stating Jax value over McCoy a little bit. I just fill like wr value is better than rb and if you take Jax out of the equation McCoy won't be as good cause you can now stack the box on him. I think most who have responded though might be understating Jax's value a lot. Most teams in the league wish they got the production out of the "slot" guy in my opinion. My concern is are they trying to trade up. This is not about who's better between Jax and McCoy. My fault for even making that statement, but rather or not the Eagles have an ace up there sleeve and have the balls to trade up and try and get Watkins.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be wise for any NFC east team to move up in the draft that costs picks. That should be for the NFL wealthy. I don't think that applies to any of the NFCE teams this draft

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but rather or not the Eagles have an ace up there sleeve and have the balls to trade up and try and get Watkins.

I don't see it ..... That would be a hefty trade up

and they have their outside receivers. Watkins isn't a slot guy he's a #1

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said this morning Kelly and Jackson had a rift behind the scenes. They just kept it private rather than make it public.

So yeah I think this is more of a Kelly not putting up with the BS thing

That certainly seems to explain why they would do this then.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be wise for any NFC east team to move up in the draft that costs picks. That should be for the NFL wealthy. I don't think that applies to any of the NFCE teams this draft

Agreed, even if Eagles are the favorites in the East, every team is close being number 1 in the East imo, and every team needs as much help as they can get.

I for one am happy to have them lose Jackson. Headache, highly paid, yeah... But the guy can flat out fly and cause problems for a defense. Go to the AFC. :)

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, even if Eagles are the favorites in the East, every team is close being number 1 in the East imo, and every team needs as much help as they can get.

I for one am happy to have them lose Jackson. Headache, highly paid, yeah... But the guy can flat out fly and cause problems for a defense. Go to the AFC. :)

He was a cowboy killer. I can't wait till he is off the Eagles. Hope he goes to the AFC. I think you guys undervalue D Jax. He is a beast.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a cowboy killer. I can't wait till he is off the Eagles. Hope he goes to the AFC. I think you guys undervalue D Jax. He is a beast.

I agree....speed kills, but so dose the "Me" players. I don't value many players that put themselves before team. Jax sure has seemed to be that kinda player since he came into this league. If an offensive skill player can't buy into what Chip Kelly is about then you are an idiot to the highest degree.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I too think people on here are undervaluing him. He is a weapon, as simple as that. If he escapes from the Eagles and they gain nothing from it, then I'm a happy camper.

He may be small, and this, and that... But he makes plays and can score at any time.

Shady is a beast, but will look different this year with Cooper the one stretching the field.

When Maclin came out, thought he would be better than Jackson, he hasn't been... He hasn't even been healthy to compare to Jackson.

Without Jackson, Eagles are worse.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson while a gifted player has been on my FU list since he pulled that falling into the endzone crap a few seasons back. Celebrating is one thing but taunting is BS at any level. Might be old school but the guy that scores a TD then flips the ball to the ref or just runs back to the sidelines shows class to me.

Something Jackson lacks

JMHO

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....speed kills, but so dose the "Me" players. I don't value many players that put themselves before team. Jax sure has seemed to be that kinda player since he came into this league. If an offensive skill player can't buy into what Chip Kelly is about then you are an idiot to the highest degree.

agree with all of this

There is too much talent out there now to even put up with with a 10 million dollar loud mouth ..... If his name isn't Calvin Johnson .... NOT WORTH IT