• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derrick Henry...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, comments like this endear you to guys like me who laugh at idiots. Thanks for the laugh.
Really? Earlier in the thread you stated that Henry is a good back in the pass game, but because he blocks so well that is what they ask him to do. Do you have some definitive proof that he has a good pass game other than blocking, because he hasn't done it in any volume during games. It's slightly different watching somebody do it in practice and in a game, where there are 250lb dudes bearing down on you trying to separate your head from your neck.

...but yes, you live it and know what you're talking about...sure dude...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, busting in the NFL is not the 'basis of my argument,' nor did I say he would be 'an NFL bust.' I just wouldn't pick him given the chance.

His skill-set doesn't translate well to today's NFL. That is my argument. I then cited similar players to help show that.

The players you cited are not all the same, except for they played at Alabama. They all had very different styles of running. TR could catch the ball and was an elusive back with speed and power, low center of gravity. Yeldon could catch the ball and was an elusive back with decent speed but not really powerful or big in size. Lacy was a power back that was not all that reliable as a receiver. His size and power/low center of gravity made him hard to bring down. Henry is a big(linebacker size) back that has a workout regiment that puts power lifters to shame. He has a big frame, slow start but once moving is a load to bring down. I have yet to see anyone catch him in open field once he gets moving. He has an amazing speed for a guy his size. He is nothing like any runner you stated.

Last edited:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Earlier in the thread you stated that Henry is a good back in the pass game, but because he blocks so well that is what they ask him to do. Do you have some definitive proof that he has a good pass game other than blocking, because he hasn't done it in any volume during games. It's slightly different watching somebody do it in practice and in a game, where there are 250lb dudes bearing down on you trying to separate your head from your neck.

...but yes, you live it and know what you're talking about...sure dude...

I didnt state he was good in the pass game. I said he could catch the ball out of the backfield, but was not asked to do so. He has caught the ball in games before and has done so in practice as well. He is not called on to do that for the most part because we had Drake, who was a very good receiving back that could double as WR as well as RB. Why would you ask a good blocking back to catch the ball if you can put both in the backfield and have a speedy, elusive WR style RB to do that job? Sorry, but I know this team and Saban's plan well enough to know what they used the backs for and why. Henry is a great blocking back with linebacker size, they used him in that roll because of that.

And your argument that because he didnt do it in volume is ludicrous. Because he didnt do it in volume means he is not capable of doing it? I dont hack into giant networks and bring them to their knees, but I can do so if I were called upon to do so. Capable or and doing in volume are two different sides of a coin. Sorry,but I am failing to see you making a valid point.

lilhook

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at Bama RBs, I mean they play their freshman year, and typically a lot. We were hearing about Derrick Henry as a freshman, even when he was splitting time with Yeldon (I think the wear and tear is exactly why Saban has gone to a more RB by committee approach), we still heard about how great he was. He's played a lot every year, and out of the three top backs he has the most carries by 20, so I agree that Bama rbs typically arent good in the NFL, Bama RBs typically have already had a career's worth of carries before they even get to play on Sunday.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has played 8 top 50 rush defenses this year and has 1986 yards and 23 TDs. He is the best 2nd Half RB I have ever seen and the best Blocking RB I have ever seen. This guy has ran against stacked boxes all year and still hasnt been stopped. I love the Guy and think he Deserves the Heisman.
No he doesn't

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just got this image in my head of Oklahoma and Alabama meeting in the NCG. When captains meet at midfield for the coin toss and striker looks at Henry and says, "You got my boy's trophy." And the most epic national championship game ever is played, culminating with Mayfield scrambling around and finally hitting Shepard for the game inning touchdown. Alabama has a minute and no time outs to tie the game, but when he drops back striker hits his blind side, knocking the ball loose which Jordan Evans returns for a TD to seal the win.

Yeah.... That'd be nice.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got this image in my head of Oklahoma and Alabama meeting in the NCG. When captains meet at midfield for the coin toss and striker looks at Henry and says, "You got my boy's trophy." And the most epic national championship game ever is played, culminating with Mayfield scrambling around and finally hitting Shepard for the game inning touchdown. Alabama has a minute and no time outs to tie the game, but when he drops back striker hits his blind side, knocking the ball loose which Jordan Evans returns for a TD to seal the win.

Yeah.... That'd be nice.

From your mouth to God's ears.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at Bama RBs, I mean they play their freshman year, and typically a lot. We were hearing about Derrick Henry as a freshman, even when he was splitting time with Yeldon (I think the wear and tear is exactly why Saban has gone to a more RB by committee approach), we still heard about how great he was. He's played a lot every year, and out of the three top backs he has the most carries by 20, so I agree that Bama rbs typically arent good in the NFL, Bama RBs typically have already had a career's worth of carries before they even get to play on Sunday.

Alabama RB's aren't typically good in the NFL?

Well hell, that's news to me.

And hell, this is the first year where any 1 RB has gotten so many carries since Saban has been here. Some years we have multiple RB's with over 1000 yards rushing.

Anymore stupid troll shit you want to regurgitate?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah.... That'd be nice.

This scenario calls for way more crotch chops

tumblr_mugy8hy9gb1qlycobo1_400.gif

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst Heisman winner ever.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst Heisman winner ever.

You Oklahoma fans have turned into some of the whiniest bitches on this forum.

:wtf:

wahhh Alabama, wahhh Alabama, all day every day.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Oklahoma fans have turned into some of the whiniest bitches on this forum.

:wtf:

wahhh Alabama, wahhh Alabama, all day every day.
Your mom's the whiniest bitch on the forum.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many hours a day would you say you spend crying about Alabama?
Only when retards like you post. I guess. Telling you that you and your team ain't shit isn't really "crying" per se.

Which is pretty often I guess.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only when retards like you post. I guess. Telling you that you and your team ain't shit isn't really "crying" per se.

Which is pretty often I guess.

You cry more about Alabama than Auburn fans.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cry more about Alabama than Auburn fans.
Yeah, well you cry more about people hurting your feels than Oklahoma State fans.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and your mom.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well you cry more about people hurting your feels than Oklahoma State fans.

Wake me up when I go crying in Oklahoma threads.

Or hell, even post in them.