• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derrick Henry...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best NFL player out of the Heisman contenders is Mcaffrey...easy. This dude will be a legit slot receiver that can play RB, wildcat, special teams, and use him for trick plays. Honestly, he should get the Heisman.
To compare McCaffrey had the same yds per carry as Henry. Out of the RB's that went over 1,500, 6 of them had more yards per carry and 1 had the same as Henry and the TD's werent lacking 3 of them had over 18 TD's.

As far as receiving McCaffrey had 540, the most from a RB. Henry had the least by far. When you have as good as a o-line as Bama and get 40 carries it makes you look a lot better than these other guys. McCaffrey should get it bc he can do everything very well. He is electric.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dalvin Cook got 339 carries he would have 2,678 yards lol

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry crushes now, but he looks successful in college for the same reason every other recent Bama RB was. If I were an NFL GM, I'd stay away.

An offensive line that can block? If I was an NFL GM I would get some blocking linemen and build an offense around this guy, a franchise QB and some possession type receivers.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An offensive line that can block? If I was an NFL GM I would get some blocking linemen and build an offense around this guy, a franchise QB and some possession type receivers.

The problem is to be a successful RB in the NFL you have to be a dual threat guy, catch the ball. Henry hasnt done much of that. In the NFL you can just run the ball the guys are all faster and stronger. Richardson was supposed to be a beast for the same reason and he was a huge flop. Henry isnt the best RB in this class, he might not be top 5 maybe top 10.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That cat can have the HT, if Bama can have the NC trophy.

Deal?

Still have 2 games left. It wouldnt be given to McCaffrey he had the record for all-purpose yards EVER. He has been the better player, but as we know the beet player usually never gets the Heisman lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he were a starting pitcher, Bama would 've getting 200 pitches a game from him

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is to be a successful RB in the NFL you have to be a dual threat guy, catch the ball. Henry hasnt done much of that. In the NFL you can just run the ball the guys are all faster and stronger. Richardson was supposed to be a beast for the same reason and he was a huge flop. Henry isnt the best RB in this class, he might not be top 5 maybe top 10.

Richardson has been a mystery. I have hear that his work ethic dropped off and his attitude changed. Not sure.

The fact that this guy has been a record breaker at every level he has played says he is not like that, he is driven to be successful.

I did some checking on McCaffrey and the defenses he faced. He faced 9 defenses that ranked below 50th and when I say below, he had 2 that were slightly below and 7 that were way below that line. He built his numbers on bad defenses. He had one good game against a top 50 defense and that was Washington where he had 221 years of offense. The other two top 50 defenses he had 89 and 113 yards respectively. He all but became normal against like players. Seems like what your saying is not really the case with McCaffrey, he becomes normal as the level of competition gets better. Henry got better as the competition got better and the game wore on.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also want to point out that for the first 8 games of the season Bama's O-line was awful and he was still getting yards. We ranked 120 out of 128 in Offensive negative plays for the first 8 games.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A power runner that runs over guys in college doesn't just translate to the NFL. As mentioned, he's not a threat out of the backfield, either.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A power runner that runs over guys in college doesn't just translate to the NFL. As mentioned, he's not a threat out of the backfield, either.

He can catch the ball, he just wasnt called on to do so. His strength was as a pass blocker. We had receivers that did the leg work on pass receptions. I notice the points i made about level of competition yo glossed right over. That is looked at by the voters. Anyone can run through a group of people who couldnt find their ass with both hands. It takes a stud to do it when the competition gets tougher. McCaffrey disappeared or became average in those games.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is correct...the best player or 2 he faced on every D this year is what every NFL D is made out of...lining up and running 40 times a game makes for a very short career.

BTW, seeing him next to Saban yesterday made him look like a freaking giant....that is one big dude

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban has a prototypical mold for RBs. Clearly they work (very well) in college, but NFL success is a total different story

Trent was a bust
Who knows what's up with Eddie Lacy - he looks totally out of shape
Ingram is a mediocre RB
Glen Coffee did nothing in the NFL, then quit
Jury still out on Yeldon, but he hasn't shown anything which makes you think he's going to blown anyone away

To me, looking at skill-set, Henry looks no different in college than any of these guys.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can catch the ball, he just wasnt called on to do so. His strength was as a pass blocker. We had receivers that did the leg work on pass receptions. I notice the points i made about level of competition yo glossed right over. That is looked at by the voters. Anyone can run through a group of people who couldnt find their ass with both hands. It takes a stud to do it when the competition gets tougher. McCaffrey disappeared or became average in those games.
You should try life without the total homer goggles...it's good for you

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care if every Bama RB goes to the NFL and drops out after a year, so long as they can run over opposing teams while at Bama.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should try life without the total homer goggles...it's good for you

I live it every day. Sorry, but I call a spade a spade. Anyone who knows me can tell you this. I dont white wash anything, so the comment you made falls of deaf ears. Get to know someone before making comments that make you appear stupid.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live it every day. Sorry, but I call a spade a spade. Anyone who knows me can tell you this. I dont white wash anything, so the comment you made falls of deaf ears. Get to know someone before making comments that make you appear stupid.

Thanks for checking in Artis-Payne....

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban has a prototypical mold for RBs. Clearly they work (very well) in college, but NFL success is a total different story

Trent was a bust
Who knows what's up with Eddie Lacy - he looks totally out of shape
Ingram is a mediocre RB
Glen Coffee did nothing in the NFL, then quit
Jury still out on Yeldon, but he hasn't shown anything which makes you think he's going to blown anyone away

To me, looking at skill-set, Henry looks no different in college than any of these guys.

So the entire basis of your argument is that others have busted, so he will? Kind of a flimsy argument.

As with any RB, they need a supporting cast to be successful No back can do it alone. Ingram has been on a mostly pass oriented offense at N.O. with a pass to set up the run and he has done his part. They also use multiple backs there.

Coffee was an ok back at Bama, but not a world beater. TR is the mystery and no one has been able to figure out what has happened. Yeldon is simply on a bad team right now, if it gets better they have a very good back to utilize and he can do it all.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for checking in Artis-Payne....

Yep, comments like this endear you to guys like me who laugh at idiots. Thanks for the laugh.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the entire basis of your argument is that others have busted, so he will? Kind of a flimsy argument.

As with any RB, they need a supporting cast to be successful No back can do it alone. Ingram has been on a mostly pass oriented offense at N.O. with a pass to set up the run and he has done his part. They also use multiple backs there.

Coffee was an ok back at Bama, but not a world beater. TR is the mystery and no one has been able to figure out what has happened. Yeldon is simply on a bad team right now, if it gets better they have a very good back to utilize and he can do it all.

No, busting in the NFL is not the 'basis of my argument,' nor did I say he would be 'an NFL bust.' I just wouldn't pick him given the chance.

His skill-set doesn't translate well to today's NFL. That is my argument. I then cited similar players to help show that.