• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derek Jeter Strikeout Thread

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He SHO' did! Petty thread is petty ignorant. Jeter's AB/SO ratio of 1 strikeout every 16.5 at bats actually ranks him in the top 1000(864th) to ever play the game.

Strikeout Percentage All Time Leaders on Baseball Almanac

Give the man his due:

8th all-time in hits
10th all-time in runs scored
14th all-time in plate appearances
34th all-time in games played(will move into top 30 by seasons' end)
Tied for 35th all-time in doubles
Tied for 74th all-time in batting average

One of the best offensive shortstops of all-time, no doubt. And a very good baserunner as well.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he didn't agree with the strike call? He currently sits 4th in batting AVG among all AL shortstops.

The bottom line is this thread is useless horseshit. You boneheads post his strikeouts, but you don't post all the impressive stats that pave his way to the hall of fame.

everyone else posts all his impressive stats that pave his way to the hall of fame but not too many post his strikeouts.

Thanks for informing us all about this Jeter guy going to the HOF, now that was usefull.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He SHO' did! Petty thread is petty ignorant. Jeter's AB/SO ratio of 1 strikeout every 16.5 at bats actually ranks him in the top 1000(864th) to ever play the game.

Strikeout Percentage All Time Leaders on Baseball Almanac

Give the man his due:

8th all-time in hits
10th all-time in runs scored
14th all-time in plate appearances
34th all-time in games played(will move into top 30 by seasons' end)
Tied for 35th all-time in doubles
Tied for 74th all-time in batting average

Ignorant? Calling a thread ignorant and then participating in it. Now THAT'S ignorant.

You must not have noticed the thread title so here, let me share it with you.

"Derek Jeter Strikeout Thread"

Do you think the purpose of this thread is to "give the man his due?" If you'd like to do that, start a thread and do it. But stop with the righteous indignation because something in the world fails to worship your little gay hero.

Fair enough? :thumb:

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's so funny?

Yeah, we failed to ask your permission. Sorry about that.

Apology accepted. :suds:

he's 5th among shortstops in BA. But he's also 17th in wOBA. And 20th in WAR.

Was 4th when I checked, but thanks for the update Chief.

"Lies. All lies." - CSD

Ha! I'm the most honest Irishman you'll ever meet.

everyone else posts all his impressive stats that pave his way to the hall of fame but not too many post his strikeouts.

Thanks for informing us all about this Jeter guy going to the HOF, now that was usefull.

Strikeouts are part of the game and expected, just like balks and stolen bases. With a career as long as Jeter has had, the strikeouts are going to add up just like his hits and games played.

My point is you're entitled to update Derek's career strikeout totals daily, but it makes you look like a horse's ass.

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's 5th among shortstops in BA. But he's also 17th in wOBA. And 20th in WAR.

What's your source? I use ESPN.

He's still 4th in batting AVG among all qualified AL shortstops.
13th in WAR
Fangraphs has him sitting at the MLB average for wOBA

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

13th in WAR

so.......

you're saying he's average?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

13th in WAR

My source is Fangraphs.

Derek Jeter » Graphs » wOBA » Batting | FanGraphs Baseball

He's below league average in wOBA. He's around the league average for shortstops (which is .301), which isn't so bad. But he also rates as a below average defender, so he isn't providing much value.

And I thought you meant 4th among major league batters, not just the AL. He ranks 4th in the AL, but 5th. Tulo's putting up redonkulous numbers right now. Surprised to see Hardy's hitting around .300, but he hasn't hit any home runs (he hit 20+ in 2012 and 2013, and 30 in 2011).

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he also rates as a below average defender

"Preposterous!" - Tim McCarver, President and Founding Member of the Official "Derek Jeter Jump-Throw" Fan Club

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Preposterous!" - Tim McCarver, President and Founding Member of the Official "Derek Jeter Jump-Throw" Fan Club

Tim McCarver almost makes me miss this guy:
scooter.png

Almost.

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My source is Fangraphs.

Derek Jeter » Graphs » wOBA » Batting | FanGraphs Baseball

He's below league average in wOBA. He's around the league average for shortstops (which is .301), which isn't so bad. But he also rates as a below average defender, so he isn't providing much value.

And I thought you meant 4th among major league batters, not just the AL. He ranks 4th in the AL, but 5th. Tulo's putting up redonkulous numbers right now. Surprised to see Hardy's hitting around .300, but he hasn't hit any home runs (he hit 20+ in 2012 and 2013, and 30 in 2011).

Well Jete is in his last season at 39 years old, can't expect the same value from say, 10 years ago.

I'm content with his current performance and he's helping the team win.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 Craig Biggio 1753
18. Bobby Bonds 1757
17. Ken Griffey Jr 1779
16. DereK Jeter 1785
15. Manny Ramirez 1813
14. Dave Kingman 1816
13. Bobby Abreu 1819
12. Tony Perez 1867

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's so funny?

Apology accepted. :suds:

Was 4th when I checked, but thanks for the update Chief.

Ha! I'm the most honest Irishman you'll ever meet.

Strikeouts are part of the game and expected, just like balks and stolen bases. With a career as long as Jeter has had, the strikeouts are going to add up just like his hits and games played.

My point is you're entitled to update Derek's career strikeout totals daily, but it makes you look like a horse's ass.

horse's ass, hmmmm...so your fighting against/for? something the guy should rightfully have, because of a "long career"

So now you saying he SHOULD have a high strikeout count? are you defending your buddy or justifying him? getting confussed and actually amazed that you don't see the humor in this entire thread.

Reggie Jackson struck out a few times too, defend him...lol....oh, oh, Mickey Mantle did too...Maris....Berra....defend them all for ever striking out.....will give ya Joe D, he didn't very often.

I thought Yankees have won enough to not have to "defend" crap, their accomplishments tend to defend themselves.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
horse's ass, hmmmm...so your fighting against/for?

CSD is having a little panic attack. See, this is the first time he's ever realized that every knee doesn't bend before the almighty Derek Jeter. Fill this thread full of Carver-esque sweet-nothings and he'd never notice, but post Derek's Jeter strikeout numbers in a thread titled "Derek Jeter Strikeout Thread" and the dude melts down and starts with the personal insults. :L

So now you saying he SHOULD have a high strikeout count?

"He's Derek Jeter. He can strikeout as much as he wants to." - an indignant CSD (said with a decided lisp)

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
horse's ass, hmmmm...so your fighting against/for? something the guy should rightfully have, because of a "long career"

So now you saying he SHOULD have a high strikeout count? are you defending your buddy or justifying him? getting confussed and actually amazed that you don't see the humor in this entire thread.

Reggie Jackson struck out a few times too, defend him...lol....oh, oh, Mickey Mantle did too...Maris....Berra....defend them all for ever striking out.....will give ya Joe D, he didn't very often.

I thought Yankees have won enough to not have to "defend" crap, their accomplishments tend to defend themselves.

Every player is going to strike out, some more than others. Jete has been playing for 20 years! Obviously any player is going to rack up a large amount of K's playing that long.

Sorry, I just don't see any humor to this thread. It's pointless and dumb.

CSD is having a little panic attack. See, this is the first time he's ever realized that every knee doesn't bend before the almighty Derek Jeter. Fill this thread full of Carver-esque sweet-nothings and he'd never notice, but post Derek's Jeter strikeout numbers in a thread titled "Derek Jeter Strikeout Thread" and the dude melts down and starts with the personal insults. :L

"He's Derek Jeter. He can strikeout as much as he wants to." - an indignant CSD (said with a decided lisp)

LOL @panic attack! you're funny hammer, I'll have to buy you a beer sometime. Like I said, you guys are entitled to post whatever you want about Derek. I just think this thread is lame, that's all. We all have an opinion, that's what makes forums great.

Last 10 games: 41 AB's, 7 K's

OMG Derek strikes out sooooooooooo much! :L

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every player is going to strike out, some more than others. Jete has been playing for 20 years! Obviously any player is going to rack up a large amount of K's playing that long.

Sorry, I just don't see any humor to this thread. It's pointless and dumb.

45936921.jpg

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't shed one tear. I knew it was coming..

All Yankees fans knew it was coming.

Good try though cezero :clap: