• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Depressing to be a Brown

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically even with a 7 win season the Browns might be screwed long term because of the owner.

"Jimmy is way too hands on," said one team source. "He's like Jerry Jones, only without the football knowledge.

Things are actually worse than ever in Cleveland, where even a surprising seven-win season has been marred by the unraveling of the staff, the roster, and any faint hopes that for once, finally, this franchise might be on the upswing. Haslam has brought nothing but misery and instability to the franchise, at the same time a federal investigation into fraud charges was ravaging the business his father created, Pilot Flying J.

The culture in the Browns building is toxic

This offseason is barely a month old, and already we have seen the best coach on the team's staff, Shanahan, allowed to walk away

Josh Gordon, who the quickly-fired duo of Mike Lombardi and Joe Banner had dealt to San Francisco in 2013 for a second-round pick and other compensation before Haslam axed the deal, is suspended, again, for at least another year.

Owner Haslams Mismanagement

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast there's always next year.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast there's always next year.

Yep we'll waste both first rounders this year (possibly on another QB) and then we'll get 5 or 6 wins. Fucking disaster getting this criminal as an owner.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they made great progress too. I say fuck Manziel and stick with Hoyer (former backup for Brady). They have good back. I say sign or draft WR first with that Gordon situation. Good luck.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they made great progress too. I say fuck Manziel and stick with Hoyer (former backup for Brady). They have good back. I say sign or draft WR first with that Gordon situation. Good luck.

Hoyer is average at best...

Cleveland kills any chance Qb's have of a NFL career.

Our drafting sucks ass too. We picked a 30 year old QB in Brandon Weeden. WTF was that shit. Then this past year we pick Justin Gilbert who turns out to have no work ethic and teammates hate him. Dennard and other CB's were still on the board who I thought were much better.

CB wasn't even our biggest position of need (hello WR).

Then we sign Ben Tate and he does absolutely noting. We say we want a disciplined culture but we bring these lazy fucks in. And we don't even cut Josh Gordon.

WHY IS HE STILL ON THE FUCKING TEAM

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we trade Joe Thomas. The guy is all class, hard worker, probably the best LT in the game.

I would love to see him go play for a real organization and win.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Mike Petine the HC doesn't know what the hell he is doing.

On gamedays he just stands on the sidelines. Swear to god, he doesn't coach or talk to anyone. Just stands there with a stupid look on his face with those stupid faggy sunglasses.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he killed a Josh Gordon trade for multiple picks including a second has to hurt right now. Wow.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he killed a Josh Gordon trade for multiple picks including a second has to hurt right now. Wow.

Absolutely it hurts. That fucker will never play in the NFL again. He doesn't give a shit. Just like Manziel.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Browns draft a QB in the first round unless they trade up. They were screwed the minute they decided to draft Manziel. And then not trading Gordon for a pick or two when he still had value, was a blunder.

Best bet is to resign hoyer, trade Manziel, & use the two 1st round picks on offensive skill positions.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically, Jerry Jones, but with a lower football IQ and a shady background? What could go wrong here?

Oh, and if Ray Farmer takes after Pioli, have fun with an egomaniac GM clashing with an egomaniac Owner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Browns draft a QB in the first round unless they trade up. They were screwed the minute they decided to draft Manziel. And then not trading Gordon for a pick or two when he still had value, was a blunder.

Best bet is to resign hoyer, trade Manziel, & use the two 1st round picks on offensive skill positions.

Their GM claims to be open to it, but it's such a giant clusterfuck of dysfunction you can't discount anything from them.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. The owner wants Mariotta, so I wouldn't doubt it. It would be such a mistake to pick him.

2. Who would trade for Maziel?

3. Hoyer sucks. I don't care if we resign him. Why pay money to have shit play Qb when we have two on the roster highly capable of throwing picks and missing receivers like Hoyer did?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones might trade a 7th for Manziel but he is going to buy real low.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones might trade a 7th for Manziel but he is going to buy real low.

With Romo aging it's possible. A first round pick for a 7th one year later... man ya know you fucked up that draft pick.

Thanks for letting me rant guys. It's frustrating as hell, especially when you think you have an owner dedicated to winning but you just find out he's running the team like a business: firing guys with bad results before giving them a chance. He needs to let people do their jobs but him picking Manziel and vetoing the Gordon trade make me sick.

He's just in everyones way. You think Craft is telling Bill what to do? Hell no. Good owners know their place.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could always be worse. Seattle had an owner who's plan was to piss off the fans and move the team to LA. He almost succeeded. Ken Behring, a lying sleezeball used car dealer and generally an all around useless human being. The funniest part is when Paul Allen bought the team, the useless sleezeball son was actually throwing his name in the hat to continue as GM. Another punk kid wanting to keep his football playset.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could always be worse. Seattle had an owner who's plan was to piss off the fans and move the team to LA. He almost succeeded. Ken Behring, a lying sleezeball used car dealer and generally an all around useless human being. The funniest part is when Paul Allen bought the team, the useless sleezeball son was actually throwing his name in the hat to continue as GM. Another punk kid wanting to keep his football playset.

That already happened when they moved the team which had talent to Baltimore. Doubt the NFL would let it happen again but who knows.

Hopefully the FBI take this fucker down and he's forced to sell the team. To someone who wants to keep it in Cleveland and who wants to WIN.

Fuck, Lebron might have enough to buy the team by the end of his career lol

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best Browns story still has to be firing Bill Belichick, who had built a staff that included Nick Saban as defensive coordinator, Kirk Ferentz coaching the o-line, and countless other people who would go on to acclaim in football coaching. A total of nine future NFL head coaches, three major college coaches, and several GMs in the front office.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Um, Art Modell ring a bell? He actually did this, successfully.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutus, I feel for Brown's fans and hope they get the trophy one day.
If the owner is a fuckup, then it probably wont happen.
You guys deserve better.