• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deone Bucannon Visits Halas p

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see Jennings and Tillman starting every game and definitely dont trust Haydon and Frey to step in. Some cornerback has to be signed.

Sounds like trading down and grabbing this kid late would be best case, pick up an extra third.

Honestly, if you dont think he will make it to the second round pick and you cant trade down, you should probably just take him high at 14.

Don't think I saw 1 mock were this kid goes in rd 1. A better scenario would be trading up in rd 2 to get him. If he is who they want.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I see it differently, expensive FAs are the better bang for the buck. Cheaper in the big picture. That may come from our history at drafting. Give me the sure thing for 10 to 15% more money. Trade our picks for proven players.

That's the effect jerry Angelo has had on you. There's a reason Green Bay, San Francisco, and Seattle are built to last teams (and steelers were for a long time), and it's not because of major free agent signings at key positions. Free agency should supplement a team, not build it for the long haul.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the effect jerry Angelo has had on you. There's a reason Green Bay, San Francisco, and Seattle are built to last teams (and steelers were for a long time), and it's not because of major free agent signings at key positions. Free agency should supplement a team, not build it for the long haul.

I agree to a point. Just think our rival GB , would be a better example of building through the draft. Ah Pitt also. But SF & Sea. were bad for a few yrs. Accumulating high picks in the draft. Which they used well. The Bears haven't been in that position for quite a while. Usually drafting somewhere in the 20s.:suds: