• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deone Bucannon Visits Halas p

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington State safety Deone Bucannon invited to Lake Forest. He has a reputation for being a nasty, hard-hitting player... Just what the Bears need.

Probably not first round, but he would be a good grab.

Rodgers_Cobb_Nelson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping he is there in the 2nd for the packers. Seems like a really good talent. I don't want to see Chicago upgrade that defense anymore.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holes to fill | National Football Post
Just think this a good article on why we should be leaning to CB @ 14.
FA CBs are ( the good ones) are very expensive . You have to grow you're own.
I was leaning towards a Free Safety @ 14 . But have changed my thoughts. Gilbert or Dennard would both be welcome additions in my book.
Just think a decent DT can be had in rd 2.
I wouldn't be unhappy w/ a Dix or Pryor.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also read good things about Bucannon. Doubt he lasts to our pick in the 2nd rd. And too many good players will be available @ 14.
But the ball buster would be if Phil can get 2 starting safeties out this draft.
You never know what's going on in his head.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington State safety Deone Bucannon invited to Lake Forest. He has a reputation for being a nasty, hard-hitting player... Just what the Bears need.

Probably not first round, but he would be a good grab.

Yes....but can HE actually play?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not have a clue who he is and had to look him up.

Analysis

Strengths

Reads run and drops downhill quickly. Has an old-school mentality -- likes contact and is a physical tackler (seeks to punish the ball carrier). Led the Pac-12 in tackles. Covers kicks and has an ideal mentality for special teams. Four-year starter and three-time captain. Weaknesses

Average speed -- struggles to recover from missteps and will not track anyone down from behind. Some tightness in his hips. Man-coverage limitations (struggles to match with slot receivers). Can be overaggressive and miss tackles. Does not always arrive under control in space. Misjudges angles. Draft Projection

Rounds 4-5

Started out good until I read his weakness............We need speed there.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was leaning towards a Free Safety @ 14 . But have changed my thoughts. Gilbert or Dennard would both be welcome additions in my book.
Just think a decent DT can be had in rd 2.
I wouldn't be unhappy w/ a Dix or Pryor.

After reading about these two,I`d be happy with either.Kinda like dix maybe a little more cause of the heigth.
But hey,I would be happy with either or. Or even a d-lineman too.

I really think we need a defensive player with the first pick.

Just not quite sure who I would want yet.:noidea:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for taking a CB or two in the draft. but hear me out on this:
If Aaron Donald is available with #14. Take him and in the second round...wait for it... Timmy Jernigan! He's falling on many draft boards and while I don't like him in the 1st round AT ALL- I would LOVE him in the second. As much as we need a CB for depth (still very worried about Tillman staying healthy all season) Just think if we have that rotation on the Dline. This would eliminate the need to better safety play. IF everything is clogged up up front the back end doesn't have to tackle RB's 15-20 yards down field- And wiff like a stiff breeze.
Just a thought. Go Bears! Would not be apposed to a CB at 14 either.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Aaron Donald is available with #14. Take him and in the second round...wait for it... Timmy Jernigan! He's falling on many draft boards and while I don't like him in the 1st round AT ALL- I would LOVE him in the second. As much as we need a CB for depth (still very worried about Tillman staying healthy all season) Just think if we have that rotation on the Dline. This would eliminate the need to better safety play. IF everything is clogged up up front the back end doesn't have to tackle RB's 15-20 yards down field- And wiff like a stiff breeze.

Probably not after the off season moves... We have aged CB's both of 30 I believe, and Hayden isn't young either, think he's a 30 year old as well. Frey is young. We need some infusion of youth here in a major way. Speaking of Major, not happy with the Safeties we picked up, we need one of those as well, if not 2. Aside from Williams, we don't have another Mic LB'er, (Shea?) so that maybe a draft need, plus we need to start grooming a Center behind Garza and we need a back up TE. Oh and a young QB would be nice.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not after the off season moves... We have aged CB's both of 30 I believe, and Hayden isn't young either, think he's a 30 year old as well. Frey is young. We need some infusion of youth here in a major way. Speaking of Major, not happy with the Safeties we picked up, we need one of those as well, if not 2. Aside from Williams, we don't have another Mic LB'er, (Shea?) so that maybe a draft need, plus we need to start grooming a Center behind Garza and we need a back up TE. Oh and a young QB would be nice.

I couldn't agree more. I think safeties are the Bears greatest weakness and depth for DBs is second. A LB draftee would be nice, plus the Bears need some young blood behind Garza.

Do you think Trestman would be tempted to push for a QB if McCarron or someone like him was available in the second or third round?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see Jennings and Tillman starting every game and definitely dont trust Haydon and Frey to step in. Some cornerback has to be signed.

Sounds like trading down and grabbing this kid late would be best case, pick up an extra third.

Honestly, if you dont think he will make it to the second round pick and you cant trade down, you should probably just take him high at 14.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I do not have a clue who he is and had to look him up.

Analysis

Strengths

Reads run and drops downhill quickly. Has an old-school mentality -- likes contact and is a physical tackler (seeks to punish the ball carrier). Led the Pac-12 in tackles. Covers kicks and has an ideal mentality for special teams. Four-year starter and three-time captain. Weaknesses

Average speed -- struggles to recover from missteps and will not track anyone down from behind. Some tightness in his hips. Man-coverage limitations (struggles to match with slot receivers). Can be overaggressive and miss tackles. Does not always arrive under control in space. Misjudges angles. Draft Projection

Rounds 4-5

Started out good until I read his weakness............We need speed there.

So in other words he is more suited to be a strong safety than a free safety.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the analysis of our last few safeties. .....no thanks at 1...2....3....4......

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see Jennings and Tillman starting every game and definitely dont trust Haydon and Frey to step in. Some cornerback has to be signed.

Sounds like trading down and grabbing this kid late would be best case, pick up an extra third.

Honestly, if you dont think he will make it to the second round pick and you cant trade down, you should probably just take him high at 14.

Im pretty sure you can get more than an extra 3rd for number 14......if you trade down to 28 for example you can also get at minimum a 2Nd

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in other words he is more suited to be a strong safety than a free safety.

:noidea:

But I` think I`d rather have Dix or pryor.............Unless of course his projection round is where we could land him I spose and not with the second.
But this is if we havn`t picked d-back by then.....I think a 2nd would be too early for him.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Welcome to the light my friend. In the long run, ideally, teams are best built by using the draft to fill the expensive, rarer talent positions (d end, corner, qb, left tackle) and fill the lower value, common spots (like safety) in later rounds and free agency.

Of course, there are always exceptions, and it rarely works out so smoothly because teams always wind up with needs. But getting there should be the goal.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the light my friend. In the long run, ideally, teams are best built by using the draft to fill the expensive, rarer talent positions (d end, corner, qb, left tackle) and fill the lower value, common spots (like safety) in later rounds and free agency.

Of course, there are always exceptions, and it rarely works out so smoothly because teams always wind up with needs. But getting there should be the goal.

I see it differently, expensive FAs are the better bang for the buck. Cheaper in the big picture. That may come from our history at drafting. Give me the sure thing for 10 to 15% more money. Trade our picks for proven players.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading about these two,I`d be happy with either.Kinda like dix maybe a little more cause of the heigth.
But hey,I would be happy with either or. Or even a d-lineman too.

I really think we need a defensive player with the first pick.

Just not quite sure who I would want yet.:noidea:

I kinda favor Pryor. Read were he has real mean streak and likes to punish ball carriers. Also read were Ha-Ha has better range.
I guess I'm old school. Still like that intimidation factor. Tired of watching guys catch the ball over the middle like their in a playground.
Ha-Ha Dix would also be good choice.
Buccannon( spelling ? ) in MHO is a 2nd rder. He may not be there for the 19th pick.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just think it's a passing league. And when the rush doesn't get to the QB ( and a lot of times it doesn't). You need capable DBs to defend said pass. We haven't got those DBs. Especially @ the Safety position.
The Lack of safety play had me doubting our CBs last year. Until I watched most games 3-4 times. Our CBs were usually playing a coverage that insured safety help that wasn't there.
It would be a luxury to draft DT 1&2 . We don't have that luxury.