• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos 2023 Head Coaching Search

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FRom PFT:

Jim Harbaugh has yet to affirmatively say, “I’m not going to be the Denver coach.” Although we know from experience that doesn’t matter.

What we do know is that Harbaugh had a virtual interview with the Broncos, and that he then announced he was staying at Michigan. And that he then met in person with Broncos CEO Greg Penner in Ann Arbor, not in Denver.

The fact that Penner went to Harbaugh, and not the other way around, is significant. It suggests that the Broncos are pursuing Harbaugh, and not the other way around.

One source with knowledge of the Denver search has suggested sleeping with one eye open on the possibility of Harbaugh taking the job. There obviously is, or perhaps the key word is “was,” mutual interest. Harbaugh wouldn’t have met with Penner after Harbaugh said he’s staying put if he wasn’t still interested.

It’s unclear where all of that stands now. Is it about money? Is it about control? Is it about the quarterback?

Regardless, Harbaugh currently has some stuff on the horizon in Michigan, from an NCAA probe based on allegations that he was untruthful to investigators to the lingering confusion regarding the fairly swift departure of co-offensive coordinator Matt Weiss under circumstances that continue to be very vague and very confusing. Without knowing what Weiss was doing, there’s no way to know whether the actions would implicate anyone else, in any way.

So is there any way Harbaugh can end up leaving Michigan for Denver? It’s not impossible. Until the Broncos make a hire, it’s theoretically possible that Harbaugh will be the guy.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FRom PFT:

Jim Harbaugh has yet to affirmatively say, “I’m not going to be the Denver coach.” Although we know from experience that doesn’t matter.

What we do know is that Harbaugh had a virtual interview with the Broncos, and that he then announced he was staying at Michigan. And that he then met in person with Broncos CEO Greg Penner in Ann Arbor, not in Denver.

The fact that Penner went to Harbaugh, and not the other way around, is significant. It suggests that the Broncos are pursuing Harbaugh, and not the other way around.

One source with knowledge of the Denver search has suggested sleeping with one eye open on the possibility of Harbaugh taking the job. There obviously is, or perhaps the key word is “was,” mutual interest. Harbaugh wouldn’t have met with Penner after Harbaugh said he’s staying put if he wasn’t still interested.

It’s unclear where all of that stands now. Is it about money? Is it about control? Is it about the quarterback?

Regardless, Harbaugh currently has some stuff on the horizon in Michigan, from an NCAA probe based on allegations that he was untruthful to investigators to the lingering confusion regarding the fairly swift departure of co-offensive coordinator Matt Weiss under circumstances that continue to be very vague and very confusing. Without knowing what Weiss was doing, there’s no way to know whether the actions would implicate anyone else, in any way.

So is there any way Harbaugh can end up leaving Michigan for Denver? It’s not impossible. Until the Broncos make a hire, it’s theoretically possible that Harbaugh will be the guy.
If no news on HC by Thursday I do think Harbaugh is in play until he isn't. Besides I doubt they even dropped an ACTUAL offer yet. I expect one friday and it will be up to Harbaugh to refuse it or not. 16-20 mil a year that SS money 8).

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter is saying it’s Payton

He’s a scribe I believe.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got the ESPN notification that we’re finalizing compensation for Payton.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Fangio coming too?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would seem like a challenge - coming back to a team that still has players on D as DC when you had been HC.
I don’t disagree, but it was part of some of these conversations.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio is the new DC for the Dolphins. Announced yesterday.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio is the new DC for the Dolphins. Announced yesterday.
I think that was refuted by Fangio himself. Plus the timestamp on this is current. Someone forgot to tell the Niners.

1675201540467.png
The Niners gig is probably much more attractive to Fangio than anything in Denver.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was refuted by Fangio himself. Plus the timestamp on this is current. Someone forgot to tell the Niners.

View attachment 320247
The Niners gig is probably much more attractive to Fangio than anything in Denver.

He probably knows more of the guys on Denver’s D than in SF…

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we seen the last of George Paton?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Condi is still talking to Harbaugh in Michigan - Harbaugh though wants to see what he gets from the NCCA for lying to them.