• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dennard stock is falling

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah believes Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard will fall in May's draft, while he believes Ohio State's Bradley Roby might be moving up.
Jeremiah had Dennard slipping to the 49ers at 30th overall in a recent mock draft. "I think it's a real possibility (Dennard slips)," Jeremiah said. "You talk about Bradley Roby from Ohio State, watching him over the summer based on last year's tape, I thought he was outstanding. Maybe the most talented corner in the entire draft class. Now this year, didn't have as good a year and had a bad game against Wisconsin. This time of year, you're starting to hear his name move up the board." Dennard won the Thorpe Award as the best DB in college football last year, but the NFL is apparently down on his less-than-elite speed. Roby is rising for the same reason the Spartan is falling: His measurables are outstanding

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I even heard Gilbert is dropping into the 20's also.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I even heard Gilbert is dropping into the 20's also.

Someone always drops and it will be perfect for us. If the deal is right, hopefully we can trade back a few spots. I would rather stay put, but if we get an offer we can't refuse for a team who is panicing, then we can do it.

Bottom line is that we are in a good spot and will get an impact player.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone always drops and it will be perfect for us. If the deal is right, hopefully we can trade back a few spots. I would rather stay put, but if we get an offer we can't refuse for a team who is panicing, then we can do it.

As long as we don't target a position and focus on getting a playmaker, we will be fine. There is going to be talent that will drop to us. We just need to be flexible.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be surprised if 4-5 qbs and a rb arent taken before we pick.
we should have tons of options

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gilbert is dropping because of rumor the lions are trading up to take watkins at 2 overall instead of taking him at 10:suds:

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep! A stud is gonna fall to us. Like I say each year, everybody is not going into the first round. Every so-called 2nd round pick is not going in that round. I really don't feel so bad about us not having a 1st round pick. Big deal! Now, we can get a 1st round talent and pay him 2nd round money. If it's Darqueze Dennard, so be it. I still want a RT with the #34 pick.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep! A stud is gonna fall to us. Like I say each year, everybody is not going into the first round. Every so-called 2nd round pick is not going in that round. I really don't feel so bad about us not having a 1st round pick. Big deal! Now, we can get a 1st round talent and pay him 2nd round money. If it's Darqueze Dennard, so be it. I still want a RT with the #34 pick.

The only real benefit to a 1st round pick is you can lock the player up for a longer period (5 years). There is not a whole lot of difference between the 24th pick and the 34th pick. We are going to get an athlete at 34, as long as we don't do something stupid (like try and fill a position at all costs).

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am in the same camp you are. We have plenty of weapons now for RG3 but we are not sure if we can protect him. We did beef up the interior OLine but RT is the glaring spot that could cost us dearly.

My order of importance entering the draft is the following. I am not saying we must stick to this order or reach, but here would be my checklist:

1. RT
2. ILB
3. TE
4. Guard
5. Strong Safety
6. DE depth
7. CB depth
8. RB depth
9. OLB depth
10. NT depth

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in the same camp you are. We have plenty of weapons now for RG3 but we are not sure if we can protect him. We did beef up the interior OLine but RT is the glaring spot that could cost us dearly.

My order of importance entering the draft is the following. I am not saying we must stick to this order or reach, but here would be my checklist:

1. RT
2. ILB
3. TE
4. Guard
5. Strong Safety
6. DE depth
7. CB depth
8. RB depth
9. OLB depth
10. NT depth

i would swap safety with TE , move NT depth up over RB . and wr would be on that list at 11 but overall it is a good list and you are right about not reaching