• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deng is a Cav

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I wonder if D-Rose turns into the typical disgruntled superstar that's had enough with management.
Chicago mgmt had to do something. 3 playoffs in a row without their superstar? Thats an eternity.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Deng sign with the Lakers this offseason. Calling it.

I bet they go after Gordon Hayward. Houston has alot of problems with Parsons contract they could pay him the 800,000 this year and let him go unrestricted in the offseason going into 2015/2016. Or they could let him go restricted now the problem is they dont have enough cap space with Lin and Asik thats why they better trade both of them. Parsons in the Suns system. :yahoo:

But what if Parsons wants to be a star on another team and doesnt like to be the little brother to Harden and Dwight they better let him go restricted this year and then match any offer. They better trade Lin and Asik or one of them before its to late.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they were willing to give up a pick for Deng? Well, whatever floats their boat...not sure if Deng stays however

That's the problem for the Bulls - Deng is a free agent and is out of there in June any way and they knew it.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They couldn't lock Deng up, so I don't blame them for trading them. It gives them some cap space for the summer.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bulls fan, I like the move. I only wish they could give thibs the rest of the year off to relax while retaining him for next year. Hes probably going to be the most upset about this. If the Bulls do tank, I love their chance next year. If they can get a good player from the draft to add to Nikola Mirotic, who is the currently the best player in Europe, then they could be even better than before. Boozer is empty stats and Deng is a little overpaid for what he does. Hes a great defender and can contribute on offense, but hes not worth what he will probably get paid. This also opens up the possibility of bringing in someone like Melo who can take some pressure of Rose on offense.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deng is a great player to have a on a championship level teams. he is a great defender and a nice 3rd option on offense. im glad the bulls are finally going in tank mode

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cleveland Cavaliers have agreed to trade Andrew Bynum and a draft pick to the Chicago Bulls for forward Luol Deng, sources told ESPN.com.

The deal is expected to be completed on Tuesday morning when the teams have a conference call with the league office.

Bynum is expected to be released by 5 p.m. on Tuesday before the second half of his $12.3 million contract becomes guaranteed.

The deal will save the Bulls more than $15 million in salary and luxury taxes, taking them below the salary-cap threshold. In addition, the Cavs will send the Bulls a first-round pick owed to them by the Sacramento Kings that is top-10 protected in the next two drafts.

good player, but what made the Bulls wanna give HIM up...?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls did well. Cap relief and picks for someone they won't be resigning this summer. I doubt he resigns with the Cavs. They could have rented Gasol for cheaper.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls did well. Cap relief and picks for someone they won't be resigning this summer. I doubt he resigns with the Cavs. They could have rented Gasol for cheaper.

The Lakers don't want to tank though - they want to salvage their season with dignity

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers don't want to tank though - they want to salvage their season with dignity
They may not, but might not have a say from a talent point of view. They're better off being a lottery team this season.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may not, but might not have a say from a talent point of view. They're better off being a lottery team this season.

:agree:

Trading Gasol though, is an indication that the front office is giving up on making the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded before the deadline. Otherwise, they'll get the cap space by not resigning him this summer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Trading Gasol though, is an indication that the front office is giving up on making the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded before the deadline. Otherwise, they'll get the cap space by not resigning him this summer.

I see Gasol staying actually, at least this season. Lakers will always try for the playoffs purely for the additional revenue. Like you said, if they traded Gasol for nothing but draft picks it means they'e given up on the post season. And the team will never admit to that.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Gasol staying actually, at least this season. Lakers will always try for the playoffs purely for the additional revenue. Like you said, if they traded Gasol for nothing but draft picks it means they'e given up on the post season. And the team will never admit to that.

They certainly put together a roster capable of being a fringe playoff team, but health has been an issue once again. I think they've come to the conclusion that making the playoffs this season is highly unlikely. They'll keep the phone lines open for trade discussions.