• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deng is a Cav

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cleveland Cavaliers have agreed to trade Andrew Bynum and a draft pick to the Chicago Bulls for forward Luol Deng, sources told ESPN.com.

The deal is expected to be completed on Tuesday morning when the teams have a conference call with the league office.

Bynum is expected to be released by 5 p.m. on Tuesday before the second half of his $12.3 million contract becomes guaranteed.

The deal will save the Bulls more than $15 million in salary and luxury taxes, taking them below the salary-cap threshold. In addition, the Cavs will send the Bulls a first-round pick owed to them by the Sacramento Kings that is top-10 protected in the next two drafts.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luol Deng is a good player and the Bulls just up and dump his salary

Full on tank mode engaged!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 more pics. If true. Very good idea. deng is another very good player and a guy they can go to one offense

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose must be pissed. Boozer will get amnesty in the offseason.

The Bulls are no longer a threat even when Rose does return. What a terrible turn for that franchise

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luol Deng is a good player and the Bulls just up and dump his salary

Full on tank mode engaged!

They could have got more for Deng other than 1 first round draft pick and 2 second round picks

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they were willing to give up a pick for Deng? Well, whatever floats their boat...not sure if Deng stays however

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have got more for Deng other than 1 first round draft pick and 2 second round picks
Especially since the first round pick is protected. The Rose injury really is the biggest thing to happen in the NBA so far. Bulls went from contenders to full on rebuild.

Deng is a good fit with the Cavs but we're talking about Cleveland.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deng is free agent after season....do they think he will stay in Cleveland?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never saw them getting past Miami,but boy talk about drastic turn from 2011 when they were the 1 seed.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they trade Waiters for Shumpert and get a pick from the Knicks I like the Cavs team..........

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deng is free agent after season....do they think he will stay in Cleveland?
This move reeks of desperation on the Cavs part.

They are terrible right now and instead of trying to rebuild with the best draft in the past decade, they are hoping Deng will want to stay on a basement dweller team that will likely be challenging with Brooklyn and Detroit for the 8th spot in the playoffs. Finishing 7th or 8th in the East is irrelevant because those teams will get swept in Rd 1.

But the Bulls probably only have a 50/50 shot of getting a player better than Deng out of next year's draft if they get a late lottery pick and their odds of getting a good lottery pick are much slimmer. (nevermind...they can certainly finish with one of the worst records)

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move reeks of desperation on the Cavs part.

They are terrible right now and instead of trying to rebuild with the best draft in the past decade, they are hoping Deng will want to stay on a basement dweller team that will likely be challenging with Brooklyn and Detroit for the 8th spot in the playoffs. Finishing 7th or 8th in the East is irrelevant because those teams will get swept in Rd 1.

But the Bulls probably only have a 50/50 shot of getting a player better than Deng out of next year's draft if they get a late lottery pick and their odds of getting a good lottery pick are much slimmer.

They think they can get a player and a first rounder for Waiters. There just gonna show him off and trade him during the off season. Because Kyrie and Waiters dont match.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they were willing to give up a pick for Deng? Well, whatever floats their boat...not sure if Deng stays however

I don't see him staying....Unless he is chasing money over championships

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving and Deng could be #2 and #3 of a big 3. All Cleveland needs is a star to say 'yeah, I'm cool with trying to build a dynasty here'

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move in the long run for Chicago. Deng was going to bolt this offseason so they might as well get something in return for him. They'll have plenty of cap space to work with and some extra picks.

Not sure what Cleveland is thinking. Doubt Deng signs there long term and even if he does they still aren't title contenders. Just gave away picks.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't they just trade Waiters to new york for Shumpert. Shumpert is young and would fit in the backcourt great with Kyrie also will get way less money in restricted free agency giving them an easy ability to match if you want Deng for the future your going to need a team that shows promise. Getting Shumpert and Deng would fix Clevlends defensive problems and getting a New York pick out if it would give you the ability to draft a center for the future. I feel like with Waiters off the team the Cavs chemistry and confidence would be better I think Waiters is a cancer.

Cavs messed up though should of drafted Oladipo and had Waiters come off the bench and keep Kyrie and Waiters off the floor for most of the game that would give Waiters freedom and then play them together at the end where you would have 2 go to guys and Waiters would already be happy with his stats and freedom. Drafting Oladipo would of made the Cavs that much better especially improving there defense and keeping Waiters happy. They really messed up and if I were them I would just trade Waiters for a defensive guard like Shumpert and a pick.

I like there Felix pick though I think hes going to be a good role player, hes just a late bloomer I like his ability to defend, and his ability to hit the corner 3 there is something to proud about the future especially that Waiters has shown promise to be a star so they can trade him for a very high value if they pull the trigger at the right time. If the Cavs make the right trade they can save there franchise from embarrassment.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I wonder if D-Rose turns into the typical disgruntled superstar that's had enough with management. I don't think they could trade him for fair value if they tried, so they may just be stuck with each other

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deng reportedly turned down 3 years 30 million..if the cavs are going to resign him it wont be cheap

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move in the long run for Chicago. Deng was going to bolt this offseason so they might as well get something in return for him. They'll have plenty of cap space to work with and some extra picks.

Not sure what Cleveland is thinking. Doubt Deng signs there long term and even if he does they still aren't title contenders. Just gave away picks.

I would love Deng on the Suns next year at the 3. And then hopefully we could trade for Young and give him a new deal if we can do that? Which would promise us 4 years with him and then hopefully keeping our 2014 pick and drafting another Forward. Then we need a back up pg. I really feel like our future, but were really weak at Forward with PJ and Frye and improving that with established stars would make us a good and then using our draft pick for the 2014 season, along with Archie and Lens development. I like Deng in free agency for the right price PJ is just a really poor mans version of Deng.