• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deng is a Cav

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Health is the difference between a playoff team and a lottery team for us this season. And unfortunately we lost the coin toss.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scrub for scrub
nothing to see here

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like someone else mentioned, Deng knowing his health issues and not getting any younger....would he be tempted to take a deal close to this for the $$

Last edited by a moderator:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the cavs sign dung to that deal they deserve to be shit

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if they are thinking this will help them make a run at Lebron next year?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A decent to good deal for both sides if you take both teams goals into consideration.

Chicago gets tax relief and some assets for a player that was likely leaving anyway. It also puts them into position to hit the lottery this year and gives them cap flexibility to get FAs and sign that player they have stashed in Europe.

The Cavs get a borderline all-star to help them make the playoffs (only 3 games out in that awful East). Tanking is great...in small doses. But multiple years in the lottery isn't good for a franchise. Young, promising players never get tested and can develop bad habits. The constant losing makes you unattractive to free agents. And more importantly to the franchise, its hurts revenue. You miss out on playoff ticket sales and I'd imagine its harder to get sponsorship/commercial dollars when your team stinks. "Made the playoffs" is a nice bullet point on a sales presentation, don't underestimate that. That's why the Cavs are so desperate to make the playoffs. Timing wise it probably isn't the best move considering the draft class but I understand it business wise.

And there's a decent chance Deng resigns. This is his last chance at a big payday and now the Cavs have the rights to offer him the most money. Turning a no risk signing of Bynum in the offseason into that is a good move even with the draft picks thrown in (they aren't as valuable as you might think)

MightyMouse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with the trade. I think the Cavs need to make a playoff push to see what they are really made of. It will give them a good idea to see what the have and what pieces are missing. Are Kyrie and Dion really the future? Giving up draft picks is fine, we have way to many and pick the wrong guy anyways.