• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Delanie Walker

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
geez, last year i posted something that didn't even go so far as "overrated", but man the reaction to it was swift and protective.

That's because he's not overrated. He's the best TE in football.

He's not always going to put up the best stats because the Niners run the ball a lot, and they now have a QB who can throw the ball to the WRs. He's still the best TE in the league.

Put him on the Patriots, and he puts up 1800 yards.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geez, last year i posted something that didn't even go so far as "overrated", but man the reaction to it was swift and protective.

do think his receiving abilities is a little overrated, but then again, i only read stuff here?

Yeah, maybe I'll get smoked for saying it as well, or maybe it is the timing thing as I would not have said this last year; or maybe I'm just saying what others may be thinking as well.

Whichever the case, after watching him closely this year, I'm not seeing this "best TE in the league" BS. I see a TE that has amazing speed to go with average blocking skills and below average hands.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe I'll get smoked for saying it as well, or maybe it is the timing thing as I would not have said this last year; or maybe I'm just saying what others may be thinking as well.

Whichever the case, after watching him closely this year, I'm not seeing this "best TE in the league" BS. I see a TE that has amazing speed to go with average blocking skills and below average hands.

I would say at the very least he has above average blocking skills and in today's NFL I would say he has great blocking skills for a TE

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

again, not going this far.

for me, it is just the receiving part that is a LITTLE overrated. ok, this is related to hands but you know what i mean.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, not going this far.

for me, it is just the receiving part that is a LITTLE overrated. ok, this is related to hands but you know what i mean.

Yeah, I know whatcha' mean

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their probably close enough that it's negligible (due to DW's age), but I think Eifert will be gone by pick 30 (which should be used on the best available player in the defensive secondary or 3-4 end, anyway).

Wouldn't matter anyway. We're picking at 32.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That gives up on routes when "his guy" isn't the QB.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because he's not overrated. He's the best TE in football.

He's not always going to put up the best stats because the Niners run the ball a lot, and they now have a QB who can throw the ball to the WRs. He's still the best TE in the league.

Put him on the Patriots, and he puts up 1800 yards.

Vernon has fast straight line speed but it seems it takes him awhile to get moving. Guys like crabs and to a slightly lesser extent Manningham have success with Kaep because they make faster breaks and can open a window to throw into faster.

VD can catch one of Kaep's rockets (see: bears game, pass between 3 defenders)
That pass was forced and I think Kaep wants to limit those type of passes if possible.

I can see VD doing damage in the seam vs ATL as the LBs try to crowd the line and freeze on a possible Kaep run.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how successful Walker would be with another team, he'd probably do alright. What I see a lot from him with the 49ers is that he does well as the forgotten man (when he actually catches it)

Like his TD against the Patriots, the safety cheated over to VD because he is the bigger threat and CK just tossed it outside to Walker for what was basically a wide open TD. He has a good spot here, but who knows how he'll do when VD and the WRs aren't drawing all of the attention.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind putting in Celek to open up the middle of the field. The guy flat out has solid hands, arguably better than VD's and DW since VD catches the ball with his chest a lot and DW has the case of the dropsies on routine passes every once and awhile.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon is a beast. He will get out of this funk.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind putting in Celek to open up the middle of the field. The guy flat out has solid hands, arguably better than VD's and DW since VD catches the ball with his chest a lot and DW has the case of the dropsies on routine passes every once and awhile.

Intelligence, it never goes out of style - 100% accurate, Yosh!

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intelligence, it never goes out of style - 100% accurate, Yosh!

I hear you Bems. Mind you, I'm not stating that VD is useless - when he's on he's one of the top 5 TE's in the league. I was also backing him up when a few peeps on here were arguing their point about how Cromartie would have been a better pick (look how that turned out - another CB with coverage skills who can't tackle). However, Celek has hands and he could be used as a solid option outside of VD and DW. They can all complement each other if used correctly.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Bems. Mind you, I'm not stating that VD is useless - when he's on he's one of the top 5 TE's in the league. I was also backing him up when a few peeps on here were arguing their point about how Cromartie would have been a better pick (look how that turned out - another CB with coverage skills who can't tackle). However, Celek has hands and he could be used as a solid option outside of VD and DW. They can all complement each other if used correctly.

10-4 Brother - VD is definitely not worthless - I'm just suggesting he may be overrated. For the past two years I keep hearing how he is the best at this and that and the truth is, after careful observation - he just isn't. Solid, absolutely - best in the NFL? Not even close IMO.

Celek excites the shit out of me. He reminds me of a prototypical, today's NFL possession type TE. Not sure what we have in mind for next year with Dobbs but I, for one would like to see Celek get more playing time.

He is easily jammed at the LOS, and inevitibly In fact if we could