• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deion says Julian Edelman doesn't get love he deserves..

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll disagree with you, but to each their own. Despite opening up the playbook, Seattle's offense passed only 62.6% of the time, which was 27th in the league. He still managed to be 18th in yards for a receiver and he was tied for the lead in touchdown receptions. Pretty good for being on a team that didn't emphasize the passing game.

Here is how the Seattle passing offense has ranked in the last 3 years in passing yards per game:

2015: 20th
2014: 27th
2013: 26th

I don't think these numbers reflect negatively on Baldwin for not getting open. That's just how their system operates through RW, and for good reason. Wilson is excellent at scrambling and they're going to use that to their benefit in their passing offense. While it's entirely opinion based, I imagine we would see some bigger numbers from Baldwin if he was on a team like New England.

I used to argue this with Seattle fans who would defend RW and throw the Seattle receivers under the bus. I argued that guys like Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin were vastly underrated just because of the system they were in. But to each their own.
We're on the same page just coming at ig from different angles. Agreed totally passing was and still isn't the co us of that offense. He may very well do better on a different team. I always make that argument like you are about having a player on a different team or in a different system. It sucks for guys drafted into a system that doesn't emphasise their game.
I still believe a lot of the reason he gets those numbers (espe ially TDs) is because he has time to get open. Again I have no problem if he proves me wrong? I just want to see it.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I donxt watch him every week, but I do watch him quite often. Even Hawk fans prior to the last 7-8 games last year called him and the rest of the Hawk receivers pedestrian. Continually telling us how RW was having to win games with little support around him. Personally I feel if you take the stats away Kearse was better all around. My naked eye test would say he comes up with more difficult catches, blocks... maybe me , you and other Hawk fans are watching different games?

I don't remember any hawks fans saying the receivers were pedestrian. that was Chris Carter and Hawks fans disagreed with him. I also don't remember anyone saying RW was winning with no support. In fact I feel it was the opposite. Hawks fans seem to overrate our receivers and Chris Carter got a lot of backlash from them for it. Where do you remember Hawks fans saying receivers are pedestrian/bad?

As for Kearse being better that's purely an opinion. We can watch the same games and come up with different opinions about players. I strongly disagree with your opinion because Baldwin has been making great plays for awhile and Kearse has a history of being anonymous. I like Kearse but I feel Baldwin is better both with stats and without stats. And Baldwin comes up with some of the most difficult catches in the game. I.e. One handed grab vs the Vikings, sideline catches. I could cite quite a few if you wanted.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..that its almost like reverse racism in regards to Edelman's ranking (88th) in the NFL's Top 100. Tonight on NFLN's NFL Gameday Prime show when he was doing a phone interview with Edelman.

I like watching prime, he is hilarious analyzing plays, but he is a terrible suck up when he does a 1 on 1 interview....

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like watching prime, he is hilarious analyzing plays, but he is a terrible suck up when he does a 1 on 1 interview....

Heh. He can be a funny motor scooter when doing highlights or getting into it with the other cats of the show. What sports analyst/talking head in any sport isn't a suck up in 1 on 1 interviews? Even Skip Bayless with his 24/7 cash-shit talkin, out n out bullshit ass and Screaming Stephen in all his self-righteous indignation and severe butt hurt tone down considerably to suck it up level in 1 on 1 interviews.

I do think Deion has a point about Edelman. Not necessarily with the reverse racism angle, though who knows, but too many people too easily go with the "he's a system player" excuse. There are far more "system" players in the NFL than there are players who would excel or be very good in any and all schemes.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember any hawks fans saying the receivers were pedestrian. that was Chris Carter and Hawks fans disagreed with him. I also don't remember anyone saying RW was winning with no support. In fact I feel it was the opposite. Hawks fans seem to overrate our receivers and Chris Carter got a lot of backlash from them for it. Where do you remember Hawks fans saying receivers are pedestrian/bad?

As for Kearse being better that's purely an opinion. We can watch the same games and come up with different opinions about players. I strongly disagree with your opinion because Baldwin has been making great plays for awhile and Kearse has a history of being anonymous. I like Kearse but I feel Baldwin is better both with stats and without stats. And Baldwin comes up with some of the most difficult catches in the game. I.e. One handed grab vs the Vikings, sideline catches. I could cite quite a few if you wanted.
That's all I've ever heard on this board and with local friends. What if RW had quality receivers. Until tge end of last year you have to agree NFL wide the Hawk receivers were less than stellar. The group as a whole would be middle of the pack at best. There are very few teams I wouldn't trade the Hawk receivers for straight up. They are who they are, $ was spent on the D not tge WRs. You are correct on the opinion thing though.