• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deion says Julian Edelman doesn't get love he deserves..

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..that its almost like reverse racism in regards to Edelman's ranking (88th) in the NFL's Top 100. Tonight on NFLN's NFL Gameday Prime show when he was doing a phone interview with Edelman.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an outrage! Clearly Edelman needs to sit during the National Anthem next weekend! That will show em!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..that its almost like reverse racism in regards to Edelman's ranking (88th) in the NFL's Top 100. Tonight on NFLN's NFL Gameday Prime show when he was doing a phone interview with Edelman.

I saw that and it was funny, but Edelman was cool saying he olny played 8 games or so. There are alot of great players so making the top 100 means your peers consider you in top 5% that's great

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman is being oppressed. Remember what happened to Rush Limbaugh saying Mcnabb was overrated because he was black? He got fired. Will the same thing happen to Prime Time? NOPE

Prime lost all credibility when he called Baldwin alright.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that and it was funny, but Edelman was cool saying he olny played 8 games or so. There are alot of great players so making the top 100 means your peers consider you in top 5% that's great

True, but I also think he appreciated it. I gotta imagine he's heard the "He's a system player." well, so are 99% of all the players in the NFL. Or, "He wouldn't be as successful with another team or w/o Tom Brady." All of which I'm sure he uses for motivation and the like. I wouldn't be surprised if at every level he's played ball at. That he's never been given the credit he deserves for his talent. For his moxie, toughness and how hard he works, sure, but his talent....

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman is being oppressed. Remember what happened to Rush Limbaugh saying Mcnabb was overrated because he was black? He got fired. Will the same thing happen to Prime Time? NOPE

You can always contact NFLN, give em a piece of mind about how poor Rush was dogged and display your righteous indignation and butthurt that Deion shoud be to.

Prime lost all credibility when he called Baldwin alright.

The same Baldwin that in his first 3 years had these numbers as career highs for a season. 66 catches, 825 yards, 5 TDs. And at the halfway point of last year. Didn't have a 100 yard game and 2 TD catches.

That Baldwin?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always contact NFLN, give em a piece of mind about how poor Rush was dogged and display your righteous indignation and butthurt that Deion shoud be to.

The same Baldwin that in his first 3 years had these numbers as career highs for a season. 66 catches, 825 yards, 5 TDs. And at the halfway point of last year. Didn't have a 100 yard game and 2 TD catches.

That Baldwin?

Baldwin may not have had great numbers until last year, but he was still an excellent player who caught everything that was thrown his way. He's still the same player he's always been, but now that the numbers are up people look at him differently. I get it from the fantasy dork crowd, but someone with some real knowledge of what makes a player good or bad should know that efficiency wins games, not volume. I would think a former player would get that, but Deion has apparently fallen in with the fantasy crowd that doesn't care how you block, how many passes you drop or what the winning scheme is, all that matters is pure volume stats.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I also think he appreciated it. I gotta imagine he's heard the "He's a system player." well, so are 99% of all the players in the NFL. Or, "He wouldn't be as successful with another team or w/o Tom Brady." All of which I'm sure he uses for motivation and the like. I wouldn't be surprised if at every level he's played ball at. That he's never been given the credit he deserves for his talent. For his moxie, toughness and how hard he works, sure, but his talent....

Hey when a guy who was a QB at Kent St comes into pros and goes from a kickoff guy to a teams No#1 option and gets kudos from Deion Sanders and LT Jr it is cool, they are legends in the game

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Deion Sanders was talking about 'tells' that players have - tendencies that gave plays away - He mentioned Jerry Rice when lined up on a specific side/formation and the position he was in at the LOS (which leg was forward) that he could, in his mind, limit the routes that Rice would run. It was about 10 or so years ago on some network.

It's probably the last thing of any worth that Peon has said.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Baldwin?
I'm with you. Baldwin had an outstanding second half of the season last year. Let's see what he does this year. IMHO he's over rated.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no such thing as reverse racism. It's just called racism.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no such thing as reverse racism. It's just called racism.
jay-head-scratch-o.gif

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You misunderstood me. I just want equal treatment for both. The double standard is obvious.

That Baldwin?

Do watch the NFL?? It's obvious he's better than Aight as Neon Peon suggested. First off, for the first part of Baldwin's career the Hawks were a run first team with Lynch. Secondly, his efficiency #'s are off the charts. His drop % is about 1% for his career, his catch:target ratio was is always amongst the best in the NFL. The only difference between last year and the previous years is he's had more chances because with Lynch no longer running like Beast Mode the Hawks started passing more. So, more targets means more TD's and more yards. Peon brain doesn't have sufficient to understand the difference between efficiency and volume stats.

Also, there's only racism and reverse racism is a made up term.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm with you. Baldwin had an outstanding second half of the season last year. Let's see what he does this year. IMHO he's over rated.

He led the league in TD's last year and didn't make the pro bowl. Hard for me to see how he is overrated.

Also, I have watched him every week for four years and he is excellent at everything he does. People who don't watch him every week probably don't realize it because as mentioned before people care more about stats than execution.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree that Doug Baldwin is underrated. Been saying it for a few years too. He's just not in a system that allows him to put up big numbers.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He led the league in TD's last year and didn't make the pro bowl. Hard for me to see how he is overrated.

Also, I have watched him every week for four years and he is excellent at everything he does. People who don't watch him every week probably don't realize it because as mentioned before people care more about stats than execution.
I donxt watch him every week, but I do watch him quite often. Even Hawk fans prior to the last 7-8 games last year called him and the rest of the Hawk receivers pedestrian. Continually telling us how RW was having to win games with little support around him. Personally I feel if you take the stats away Kearse was better all around. My naked eye test would say he comes up with more difficult catches, blocks... maybe me , you and other Hawk fans are watching different games?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree that Doug Baldwin is underrated. Been saying it for a few years too. He's just not in a system that allows him to put up big numbers.
That may very well be. It's tough to put up big numbers on a run first offense. Yet we saw the numbers he put up once Lynch got hurt. It allowed PC to open up the play book. To play devils advocate a handful of his big gains/catches have come on the heels of RWs ability to scramble. The worst WRs in the league would actually be able to find an open spot.

No disrespect to angry Doug. I just want to see big numbers for more than 8 games is all before I elevate his ranking.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may very well be. It's tough to put up big numbers on a run first offense. Yet we saw the numbers he put up once Lynch got hurt. It allowed PC to open up the play book. To play devils advocate a handful of his big gains/catches have come on the heels of RWs ability to scramble. The worst WRs in the league would actually be able to find an open spot.

No disrespect to angry Doug. I just want to see big numbers for more than 8 games is all before I elevate his ranking.

I'll disagree with you, but to each their own. Despite opening up the playbook, Seattle's offense passed only 62.6% of the time, which was 27th in the league. He still managed to be 18th in yards for a receiver and he was tied for the lead in touchdown receptions. Pretty good for being on a team that didn't emphasize the passing game.

Here is how the Seattle passing offense has ranked in the last 3 years in passing yards per game:

2015: 20th
2014: 27th
2013: 26th

I don't think these numbers reflect negatively on Baldwin for not getting open. That's just how their system operates through RW, and for good reason. Wilson is excellent at scrambling and they're going to use that to their benefit in their passing offense. While it's entirely opinion based, I imagine we would see some bigger numbers from Baldwin if he was on a team like New England.

I used to argue this with Seattle fans who would defend RW and throw the Seattle receivers under the bus. I argued that guys like Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin were vastly underrated just because of the system they were in. But to each their own.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Canadian Seahawk fans are there??