• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deflate-Gate.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree ALR. Belicheat should be suspended for a year. There is no question, this stuff keeps happening with one franchise. Tell me Robert Kraft doesn't have something to do with this and Goodell is as biased as anybody.

yeah, I have a hard time believing Kraft doesn't know what is going on with his HC.

especially when they have been investigated multiple times for different infractions.

I just can't believe after so many infractions that are clearly bending/breaking the rules to get an advantage that something hasn't been done to Belicheat. It truly boggles the mind how they keep giving this guy a slap on the wrist.

and the organization as a whole as well. I mean, who wouldn't give up a 1st round pick and $750k to win a couple of SB's? The profits they make far outweigh the penalty.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably get away with it because the Patsies are "good for business." They are either really loved or really loathed. But it definitely wouldn't surprise me if something like that did happen.

On the other hand, they still probably would have won the game regardless because that Indy defense looked atrocious against them and couldn't ever get off the field during 3rd down.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO the Pats should be stripped of everything. But the right thing to do now is strip them of this win and send the Colts to the Super bowl. That would send a message.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I agree Ozark, UVA, and ALR. Clearly there is favoritism going on here when Peyton and Williams get a year suspension and Belicheat after three major incidents gets a fine that Kraft probably paid and the organization will recoup like yesterday. This is really beginning to smell. Yea the Pats would have won that game anyways but that is the point. If they are that good, why the need to cheat?

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Findings - 11 under-inflated footballs by two pounds each!!! Obviously, that is no accident and no claim can be made that's it's just one or two.

The Ravens are now chiming in saying the footballs they used for punts, kickoffs, and field goals were also under-inflated causing the depth and distance to be significantly less than with properly inflated balls.

If the NFL - the commissioner and the other owners - want to gain any respect, they better send a message prior to the Super Bowl with stiff penalties.

However, I'm betting nothing will be done and announced until after the Super Bowl.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Findings - 11 under-inflated footballs by two pounds each!!! Obviously, that is no accident and no claim can be made that's it's just one or two.

The Ravens are now chiming in saying the footballs they used for punts, kickoffs, and field goals were also under-inflated causing the depth and distance to be significantly less than with properly inflated balls.

If the NFL - the commissioner and the other owners - want to gain any respect, they better send a message prior to the Super Bowl with stiff penalties.

However, I'm betting nothing will be done and announced until after the Super Bowl.

They'll get another slap on the wrist and the Pats will all be thinking it was well worth it as they hoist another Lombardi trophy.

Like I said before, if there is nothing to gain by cheating, then why do it?

Sure, we can all look back now and say " well, it doesn't matter cause they would've won anyways ". That's not the point. They obviously felt they needed to gain an advantage by deflating the balls.

Something needs to be done to Belicheat. They can't keep letting him get off so easily when he is making a mockery of the ethics of the game.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ban them from having any picks in the upcoming draft (including comp picks). Also fine anyone involved $500k and put them on probation. If anyone involved tries something else again, ban them from the NFL for at least a season without pay. That would send a huge message to anyone trying to dick around. Would that be stiff enough?

Not that Roger would do that because he's a pathetic excuse of a Commissioner.

Last edited by a moderator:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This story has really started to explode. I didn't think it would in the beginning. Now this upcoming SB is forever tainted and it hasn't even been played. When guys like Shula start making comments, well Rams fans have known all along. :L

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anyway the Rams can cash in on this?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I agree ALR and Ozark. This story has expanded into one of substance that sheds light on a bigger problem and the integrity of the game is suffering.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the footballs entrusted to anyone other than the officials in the first place? Can the league not afford to provide it's own equipment?

I'm sure they won't vacate the win, so the Pats will get a slap on the wrist, just like last time. Lose a pick, get fined, nothing major. Owner and head coach (at least) should get 1 year suspensions, but the league doesn't have the balls to do anything major.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are coming out now that the Colts Reported this to the NFL back in November when the teams Met back then. They found deflated balls in that game. Wow! then the patriots do it again. And for all the people saying that it was a blowout it wouldn't of mattered anyway.. who's to say Tom Brady wouldn't have fumbled the ball that was inflated properly a couple times. That obviously could've change the whole game around. And wouldnt a deflated ball be much easier for the running back To grip and hold onto?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are coming out now that the Colts Reported this to the NFL back in November when the teams Met back then. They found deflated balls in that game. Wow! then the patriots do it again. And for all the people saying that it was a blowout it wouldn't of mattered anyway.. who's to say Tom Brady wouldn't have fumbled the ball that was inflated properly a couple times. That obviously could've change the whole game around. And wouldnt a deflated ball be much easier for the running back To grip and hold onto?

Yes, yes, and yes.

They probably would've won anyways, but it still gave them an advantage regardless.

And the league will do very little as usual when it comes to the Pats.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. A cheater is a cheater. Doesn't matter what it is.

BB been doing it for over a decade. It's a dam disgrace.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozark - I forgot about Shula's comments. Damn near prophetic as to the timing when they became public a couple of weeks ago.

Don Shula should be the Commissioner of the NFL.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozark - I forgot about Shula's comments. Damn near prophetic as to the timing when they became public a couple of weeks ago.

Don Shula should be the Commissioner of the NFL.

You gotta have a lot of respect for Shula he is an insider. He is also old enough to tell it like it is. What are they going to do to him?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady can laugh all he wants and call this whole thing silly but when this keeps him out of the HOF I will have the last laugh. The guy is either good enough to win without cheating or he's not. The fact that he must have known he was holding a deflated ball should exclude him from the HOF in my opinion. Maybe we need a new category...the nfl hall of shame. He and his dirt bag head coach can be the first one's indoctrinated...

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing all day long how this didn't cause the Colts to lose the game. I disagree with that premise. The Colts D was on the field the whole first half...Brady was perfect throwing on third down. At some point the Colts Defense probably started to fold and when they did; wallah 45-7. The NFL needs to do something unprecedented and pull the Pats from the Super Bowl. If the Cheatriots win everyone will wonder if they cheated and if The Seahawks win everyone will think it was because the Cheatriots didn't cheat because they got caught deflating the ball last week.

This is real bad for the NFL's credibility... :L

Last edited by a moderator: