• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deflate gate was a lie

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

The only problem with the idea of Brady suing is because it, his suspension, already went to Federal Court of Appeals, and they upheld the suspension on the grounds that Roger can suspend any one, at any time, without giving a reason because that's in a players NFL contract.
That's what the Players Association negotiated.
No idea about the actual legalities involved, but my ignorant take…

His case that went to FCoA was regarding the NFLs right to suspend him.

A potential new case would be about liable. That is a completely different argument. And if these charges that the NFL destroyed evidence that exonerated Brady and the Pats while releasing known false data to hurt their reps, a liable case seems plausible.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I misread the article it didn't clearly state when the destroyed the records only that the records from 2015 were destroyed, I have worked records management and can tell you that records have varying rates of destruction. If the records were considered to no longer have administrative value it makes sense to destroy them.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea about the actual legalities involved, but my ignorant take…

His case that went to FCoA was regarding the NFLs right to suspend him.

A potential new case would be about liable. That is a completely different argument. And if these charges that the NFL destroyed evidence that exonerated Brady and the Pats while releasing known false data to hurt their reps, a liable case seems plausible.
Pats and Brady should let laying dogs lie. It's fact that for Goodell to cover up Irsay's cocaine and dead hooker issues, asked Jimmy to have his crew take some air out of the balls during their playoff game, so that he could nail his hated Patriots, Kraft and Brady

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I misread the article it didn't clearly state when the destroyed the records only that the records from 2015 were destroyed, I have worked records management and can tell you that records have varying rates of destruction. If the records were considered to no longer have administrative value it makes sense to destroy them.
And unless we are talking about taxes, companies make their own policies. If their policy is to shred certain game records in one hour, they have the right to do so (and look suspicious)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And unless we are talking about taxes, companies make their own policies. If their policy is to shred certain game records in one hour, they have the right to do so (and look suspicious)
The article also stated the documents were not presented in court. So one has to assume the legal team for the Pats or TB12 didn't subpoena the records. Equally suspicious.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article also stated the documents were not presented in court. So one has to assume the legal team for the Pats or TB12 didn't subpoena the records. Equally suspicious.
Those documents related to the testing at random games over the next 2 years. You misunderstood my complaint?
I'm not looking to revise anything or prove innocense. Like you, I DGAF.
What I care about is the NFL creating this mess and then not sharing the results of their 2 year survey. After looking at the results, it proved that gas laws do interact with football pressure - but they dumped it because it would make them look bad.
Just another dirty investigation by the NFL.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure I will be ignored just like I was during deflategate by Patriots fans but here goes.....

Tom Brady was NEVER suspended for deflating footballs. He was suspended for getting rid of his phone and interfering with an NFL investigation.
Had the Patriot's and Brady worked with the NFL like they were supposed to, there likely would have been almost none of very minimal punishment for deflating footballs. The punishments were meted out based on their reaction to the investigation....not to the reason behind the investigation.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL also destroyed the SpyGate video evidence to protect the league and Brady/Patriots so Brady and the Patriots have nothing to bitch about.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, deflate-gate may have been the lamest cheating scandal in memory, lol.
The ratio of attention paid to actual impact/level of wrongdoing was WAY too high

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare you !! Funny thing is one of his ballboys is, now that you mention it, gonna have 5.0 look into this lead. Hopefully some CCTV caught that bastage in my trunk
Dude, there's no such thing as ballboys. Those were crisis actors. I seen one of the supposed ballboys talking about his cousin at "Sandy Hook"......

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. So the NFL destroyed evidence to punish the Patriots after destroying evidence to save the Patriots when they were caught videotaping practice at the Super Bowl? And Tommy destroyed his cell phone just because?

Bwhahahaha

Rams fans STILL crying about a FALSE story 20+ years later. Time to man up: the rams lost that SB because they forgot that Marshall Faulk was on the team! They went away from their running game in the second half and that’s why they lost.

As for the alleged video taping of the Rams practice. That story first appeared in a Boston newspaper but was later retracted because it was proven to be false. I’ll say it again… RETRACTED!! It was proven false by Matt Walsh himself. He’s the guy who previously worked for the patriots who did the videotaping in question. He testified under oath that nobody videotaped the rams practice.

Nearly five months after the incident, the Boston Herald published a story (which it later retracted) that the Patriots had also videotaped the St. Louis Rams' walkthrough practice prior to Super Bowl XXXVI in February 2002,[8] an allegation denied by Belichick[7]and later retracted by the Boston Herald. Meanwhile, Matt Walsh, a Patriots video assistant in 2001 who was fired after the team's 2002 season, told the media the same week that he had information and materials regarding the Patriots' videotaping practices, but demanded an indemnity agreement before speaking with the NFL.[9] The NFL reached a deal with Walsh on April 23, 2008, and arranged a meeting between Goodell and Walsh.[10] Prior to the meeting, Walsh sent eight videotapes, containing opponents' coaches' signals from the 2000 through 2002 seasons, in accordance with the agreement.[11] Goodell and Walsh met on May 13, 2008, at which time Walsh told Goodell he and other Patriots employees were present at the Rams' walkthrough to set up video equipment for the game but that there was no tape of the walkthrough made; as a result, Goodell told the media no additional penalties would be brought against the Patriots.[12] Less than 24 hours later, the Herald issued an apology for the article about the alleged walkthrough tape.[13]

I will however give Rams WR Ricky Proehl his proper due. The Rams were known as “The Greatest Show on Turf” and were on the verge of being recognized as a true dynasty. His pregame prediction turned out to be 100% accurate!!

Hahahahaha.

As I said, he was 100% right! In fact, that night arguably the greatest dynasty in football history (and all of team sports for that matter) was born!

Hahaha

Stay salty rams fans and good luck Sunday!

Last edited:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the NFL destroyed information that proved weather changed how much psi was in the football and leaked false information to the press about 11 out of 12 footballs were 2 lbs or more under inflated.

The NFL lied flat out to punish the patriots. They need to be sued by Brady and Kraft to get reputation back and penalties and fines. This was all pure by.

I cant trust any investigation by them again
Speaking of destroying evidence, we should talk about Tom Brady's cell phone.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those documents related to the testing at random games over the next 2 years. You misunderstood my complaint?
I'm not looking to revise anything or prove innocense. Like you, I DGAF.
What I care about is the NFL creating this mess and then not sharing the results of their 2 year survey. After looking at the results, it proved that gas laws do interact with football pressure - but they dumped it because it would make them look bad.
Just another dirty investigation by the NFL.
They dumped it because it was not relevant anymore, I do agree 100% the league investigations are likely dirty. But I put that on the owners they gave Roger way too much power

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked deflategate better when it was the brunt of a joke.Not as a serious discussion topic. Just sayin.
The bottom line IMO is that both sides hold some guilt in all this. No one will ever convince me the Pats did not deflate some of the air or that TB12 is innocent in all this, he is way to competitive not to gain any edge he could. The NFL sure could have done a better job perhaps less biased investigation. And the frickin owners for giving Roger "God Powers". ( Not trying to be blasphemous here )

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3