• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive players we can build around.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we'trade or cut'styimetee:noidea:

Yes you can....but consider the enormous price that you pay when you desire to rid yourself of the voices of dissent. Ultimately, the judges end up being judged when you start a race to utopia. So be very careful, my friend, you could very well be next!

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 mil

in one year you cant gut the whole defense . golston will be gone i dont see robinson as being anything and i am wary of thomas

by the end of 2 years i see most of the over 30 crowd as being gone
i dont think we are talking about gutting the defense, we are just talking about the players that are young and good that we can build around. for those that didnt make the list you slowly transition away for them when their replacements are ready. (preferably through the draft).

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think we are talking about gutting the defense, we are just talking about the players that are young and good that we can build around. for those that didnt make the list you slowly transition away for them when their replacements are ready. (preferably through the draft).

So here's my take. If the season continues along the same path, Dhall will never play another snap with the Skins. Ryan Clark will not be back. Merriweather, gone. Bowen, history. Cofield maybe he gets another year. Rak, gone. Gholston, gone. Basically, all older players will be cut that are not performing. The same will happen on offense. Moss, Chester, Plombus, Lavaou will all be gone. I won't be surprised if we don't trade a WR, maybe Garcon. We can probably get a 2nd for Garcon. NE would kill to have him right now. So would the Giants.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think rak is going to leave . i dont think he will get anywhere near the money he is looking for

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think rak is going to leave . i dont think he will get anywhere near the money he is looking for

I agree he isn't going to get anything near what he thinks he deserves. But I could see a team giving him 7-9M/year for 3 years. Not so sure we will do that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone trying to give him that ? i doubt it no more then 6

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we should dump rack and'go to a 4-3

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone trying to give him that ? i doubt it no more then 6

As you've always said, he's a 3 time pro bowler who might be having an off year. I could see some teams taking a chance on him. But we've seen enough here. He's a one trick pony that can't even do that trick anymore.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks Bro. That was my original idea behind the thread. I'm not advocating cutting everyone else loose right now.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is who i keep on defense for now

kerrigan , rak (at a reasonable cost which will happen ) murphy , alexander , riley , compton , amerson , breeland baker j jenkins kearse . as far as younger guys

hatcher , clark (one more year ) cofield , bowen (at reduced cost and proof of health) and hall

Well almost Dad, You can't keep Rak....he firmly believes himself to be franchise worthy and won't settle for less than 8-10 million per. If you want to keep Kerrigan, you've got to play him as a DE, the experiments are over. I agree on Hatcher his tank though nearing the halfway mark is not quite there yet. Let's send Clark on his way to ESPN or hire him as a DB consultant. NO Cofield, NO Bowen if there is a team willing to give up a late pick for either....take it!! Hall...............Hahahahahahahahaha, you're joking right? Claiming that he's the best DB on the team that finished near the bottom in scoring against a season ago and is 27th currently says very little about him and more about the lack of talent that keeps him here.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well almost Dad, You can't keep Rak....he firmly believes himself to be franchise worthy and won't settle for less than 8-10 million per. If you want to keep Kerrigan, you've got to play him as a DE, the experiments are over. I agree on Hatcher his tank though nearing the halfway mark is not quite there yet. Let's send Clark on his way to ESPN or hire him as a DB consultant. NO Cofield, NO Bowen if there is a team willing to give up a late pick for either....take it!! Hall...............Hahahahahahahahaha, you're joking right? Claiming that he's the best DB on the team that finished near the bottom in scoring against a season ago and is 27th currently says very little about him and more about the lack of talent that keeps him here.
. I agree with this blow up the d hell let's just nuke it