• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive players we can build around.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I count 4 possibly 5.

Kerrigan is the best player we have on defense.

Amerson and Breeland are physical corners with good skills, that are going to get better. Amerson is more of a ball hawk with more big play potential, but Breeland showed me that he is no kid. I thought that pass interference call was bologna as it looked to me like the receiver slowed down to initiate the contact. Regardless, he has a short memory and is improving quickly.

Keenan Robison has been healthy and could be pro bowler in a few years. Watching him play and hearing him talk and you see he is very serious about what he does.

NoSackBro.
Now if he wants to part of this team's future he will have to cut his price considerably. I miss the Geico commercials when the neanderthal calls him Brian Orakpo, "All Pro Linebacker", a title that was never bestowed upon him in real life. Now we know NoSackBro does not have to prove himself, because he is already "proven in this league" and that he feels he deserves top dollar, maybe he gets a jolt of reality and realizes he is not an All Pro player, but a very good player, and one that can help this team and in turn allowing us to spend money acquiring and keeping more very qood players and maybe a great one along the line.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes these kids are certainly showing some talent. Good things should be said of our young corners, as they seemed to put in a good performance against Fitz and Co.

Kerrigan does all the things you want of a Olb. He seems to find ways to tackle the ball carrier even when impeded. The fact that Rak doesnt ever seem to do this is a real detriment to our D.

I dont know what to do about Orakpo. He isnt the player he thought he was... I cant even count how many times he has given up the edge/ has been fooled by the option, or his lack of closing burst to the QB.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was thinking come on guys, there's a few more. and then i couldnt think of anymore...
possibly murphy

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was thinking come on guys, there's a few more. and then i couldnt think of anymore...
possibly murphy

Baker has some potential. He's got to watch out, tho. He's getting a rep as a dirty player. The Refs will start to really watch what ever he does.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker has some potential. He's got to watch out, tho. He's getting a rep as a dirty player. The Refs will start to really watch what ever he does.

Especially if Brady Quinn has anything to say about it. :yahoo: One of the worst things about rooting for a bad team is that you have to listen to incompetent announcers like the ones yesterday.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes these kids are certainly showing some talent. Good things should be said of our young corners, as they seemed to put in a good performance against Fitz and Co.

Kerrigan does all the things you want of a Olb. He seems to find ways to tackle the ball carrier even when impeded. The fact that Rak doesnt ever seem to do this is a real detriment to our D.

I dont know what to do about Orakpo. He isnt the player he thought he was... I cant even count how many times he has given up the edge/ has been fooled by the option, or his lack of closing burst to the QB.

Agreed. As far as what we do with Rak, if he wants to negotiate reasonably that will mean cutting his desired pay pretty much in half. Otherwise, no dice.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
possibly murphy

You are right. Murphy might be a keeper. He has done some good things. I think he will bulk up more and we will probably see more of him on the inside. He has value alone with his ability to move up and down the line and using his instincts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rak's closing burst move is called the subtlety angry but dramatic hand and finger reach

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerrigan'breeland. Everybody else needs to go on offense t williams rg3 everybody else has to go

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerrigan'breeland. Everybody else needs to go on offense t williams rg3 everybody else has to go

???? Everyone?? Seriously.. Including Amerson, Robinson, and Orakpo (at a reasonable price).
Everyone?? Including Roberts, Garçon, Reed, Alfred, Helu, DJax... You are reaching here man. If the O Line and D Line, secondary can be upgraded, and our QB play is better, a lot of the rest will take care if itself.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope you are joking. So Morris, Jackson, Helu, Garcon, Reed, etc also need to go? BTW - I guess that they should do this and not worry in the least about eating cap money.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???? Everyone?? Seriously.. Including Amerson, Robinson, and Orakpo (at a reasonable price).
Everyone?? Including Roberts, Garçon, Reed, Alfred, Helu, DJax... You are reaching here man. If the O Line and D Line, secondary can be upgraded, and our QB play is better, a lot of the rest will take care if itself.

Agree. Also - people forget that bringing in high level talent tends to make the players around them better. Example - getting another stellar O-lineman or two would probably improve the play of the other players. Therefore - you don't necessarily have to get another 4-5 top quality lineman (and you can't given various constraints).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is who i keep on defense for now

kerrigan , rak (at a reasonable cost which will happen ) murphy , alexander , riley , compton , amerson , breeland baker j jenkins kearse . as far as younger guys

hatcher , clark (one more year ) cofield , bowen (at reduced cost and proof of health) and hall

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the'fuck has morris and garcon have'done this year

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is who i keep on defense for now

kerrigan , rak (at a reasonable cost which will happen ) murphy , alexander , riley , compton , amerson , breeland baker j jenkins kearse . as far as younger guys

hatcher , clark (one more year ) cofield , bowen (at reduced cost and proof of health) and hall

So who are you getting rid of? Looks like the regular crowd minus Merriweather. Also, what is a reasonable price for Rak?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who are you getting rid of? Looks like the regular crowd minus Merriweather. Also, what is a reasonable price for Rak?

5 mil

in one year you cant gut the whole defense . golston will be gone i dont see robinson as being anything and i am wary of thomas

by the end of 2 years i see most of the over 30 crowd as being gone

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 mil

in one year you cant gut the whole defense . golston will be gone i dont see robinson as being anything and i am wary of thomas

by the end of 2 years i see most of the over 30 crowd as being gone

Someone will take a chance on Rak for more than 5 mil. How can you be wary of thomas? We've never really seen him play. OF course that in itself might be a reason to be wary.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's impossible to tell who is a keeper and who isn't because of the lack of discipline this team shows in keeping their assignments. Go back and watch the SEA game without puking.