• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive coordinators reportedly don't think Rob Gronkowski is threat anymore

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...who was the statistically and fundamentally worst QB in the league last year.

That is just flat out wrong.

4k yards, 24 TDs and 8 INTs with one of the God awful worst supporting casts of receiving options in the league.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just flat out wrong.

4k yards, 24 TDs and 8 INTs with one of the God awful worst supporting casts of receiving options in the league.
this is true.
He is a very smart QB & doesnt throw a lot of picks. But last year he was one of the leaders on bad throws as well.
He may do ok this year but the writing is on the wall. he close to heading to the glue factory. if the OL doesnt do well. he may not get out of the year.
In NE he got to play with a #1 defense that helped with holding leads. hell sometimes they took the lead for him. Sometimes they outscored his offense LOL. Point is. This allowed him to be smart with the ball & not hold onto it to long (less hits) If the Bucs are needing scores & arent winning. he will feel the need to make plays instead of just taking what is given to him. Which should equate to more hits & possibly more mistakes. But definitely more hits. At 43 this isnt a good thing.

Whatever happens. It will be an interesting season for sure though.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is true.
He is a very smart QB & doesnt throw a lot of picks. But last year he was one of the leaders on bad throws as well.
He may do ok this year but the writing is on the wall. he close to heading to the glue factory. if the OL doesnt do well. he may not get out of the year.
In NE he got to play with a #1 defense that helped with holding leads. hell sometimes they took the lead for him. Sometimes they outscored his offense LOL. Point is. This allowed him to be smart with the ball & not hold onto it to long (less hits) If the Bucs are needing scores & arent winning. he will feel the need to make plays instead of just taking what is given to him. Which should equate to more hits & possibly more mistakes. But definitely more hits. At 43 this isnt a good thing.

Whatever happens. It will be an interesting season for sure though.

Yeah you are going to have bad throws when you give a 42 year old QB no receiving talent and expect him to do every thing. You can be as smart with the ball as you want but when you have shit for WRs and TEs there is only some much you can do as a QB and you will start to press at times to try to overcompensate for the jarring lack of talent that you are throwing to.

I have no doubt whatsoever that the Bucs are going to be lethal next year with Brady and that surrounding talent on offense. He's going to have a better year than he did in 2017 when he incorrectly won MVP.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you are going to have bad throws when you give a 42 year old QB no receiving talent and expect him to do every thing. You can be as smart with the ball as you want but when you have shit for WRs and TEs there is only some much you can do as a QB and you will start to press at times to try to overcompensate for the jarring lack of talent that you are throwing to.

I have no doubt whatsoever that the Bucs are going to be lethal next year with Brady and that surrounding talent on offense. He's going to have a better year than he did in 2017 when he incorrectly won MVP.
I am not really trying to bag on him.
Just saying I could see him being garbage overnight all the way to all-pro level. To me it is a huge question mark.
One hand he has more weapons now than he has in a very long time. other hand he is older & the key to getting him to play a bad game is to keep him holding the ball longer, which just happens to be the style of offense Arians plays.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not really trying to bag on him.
Just saying I could see him being garbage overnight all the way to all-pro level. To me it is a huge question mark.
One hand he has more weapons now than he has in a very long time. other hand he is older & the key to getting him to play a bad game is to keep him holding the ball longer, which just happens to be the style of offense Arians plays.

The thing is that I fully 100% disagree with you and the narrative that he was garbage. I think he played extremely well last season given the circumstances of his terrible supporting cast on offense.

I agree that when you get this old as a player you can fall off at any given point but I don't see that the case for him this season. As I said before I think he has as good if not better season than 2017 and I think he and the Bucs do better than BB and the Patriots this season.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is that I fully 100% disagree with you and the narrative that he was garbage. I think he played extremely well last season given the circumstances of his terrible supporting cast on offense.

I agree that when you get this old as a player you can fall off at any given point but I don't see that the case for him this season. As I said before I think he has as good if not better season than 2017 and I think he and the Bucs do better than BB and the Patriots this season.
think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.
Wasnt saying he was garbage. I was trying to say this season his range could be he becomes garbage overnight or goes back to an all-pro level.

BIGBLUE 49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is thing with absolute comments as to a given player being a "threat"......it's true if that player makes the plays.....which is never carved in concrete.
At least five (5) times GRONK did not pose a threat that made the difference in big games.....two (2) SB vs.. GIANTS......one SB vs. PHILADELPHIA.....two conference title games vs. DENVER and BALTIMORE.
the threat does not exist until manifesting itself on the playing field. That's why they play the games.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is thing with absolute comments as to a given player being a "threat"......it's true if that player makes the plays.....which is never carved in concrete.
At least five (5) times GRONK did not pose a threat that made the difference in big games.....two (2) SB vs.. GIANTS......one SB vs. PHILADELPHIA.....two conference title games vs. DENVER and BALTIMORE.
the threat does not exist until manifesting itself on the playing field. That's why they play the games.
LOL....hit the quote button bottom right and type your post. :rolleyes2: